Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #15
TeddyP25

Drives: 2SS
Wasn't hard to make the cover fit, just a lil cutting under the vent area above cover. Used this because the old one was flexing under boost. I mounted the catch can to the back side of the cai box, it's the RX version. I'll get some better pics....no meth here and def maxed out.
2SS/RS CGM/BLK GFX MN6418 Stroker.785rwhp/885lbtq.50 SHOT NO2..Pfadt arms,toe links,coilovers,swaybars,end links,engine mounts,dif/sub bushings.MGWshifter.Tick LVL 3.ARH1 7/8 LT's/ARH exhaust.ADM gauges/race CAI.E-FORCE SC.8 rib IW 10%OD.LPE dual pump/module.85lb inj,custom valve covers.RMCR tune.TOOLEY RACING CAM.JRE posi kit.JRE fuel upgrade.RX MONSTER CatchCan.DSS axels/DS.Hammerhead rear, 3:73's. WYOSPEED builthttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115687
TeddyP25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #16
TeddyP25

Drives: 2SS
Attached Images

2SS/RS CGM/BLK GFX MN6418 Stroker.785rwhp/885lbtq.50 SHOT NO2..Pfadt arms,toe links,coilovers,swaybars,end links,engine mounts,dif/sub bushings.MGWshifter.Tick LVL 3.ARH1 7/8 LT's/ARH exhaust.ADM gauges/race CAI.E-FORCE SC.8 rib IW 10%OD.LPE dual pump/module.85lb inj,custom valve covers.RMCR tune.TOOLEY RACING CAM.JRE posi kit.JRE fuel upgrade.RX MONSTER CatchCan.DSS axels/DS.Hammerhead rear, 3:73's. WYOSPEED builthttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115687
TeddyP25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #17
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Thanks.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #18
2ssx2

Drives: 2013 2ss se/ 2009 cobalt ss
I installed mine over Christmas. Looks nice and no super charger wine. The canned tune from Edelbrock was crap so I went with JRE tune and fuel line upgrade kit.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #19
epstein
Account Suspended

Drives: SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to epstein
I installed mine myself 24,000 miles ago. Definitely install JRE fuel rail upgrade,and ask Ted about a Mail order tune. I have since installed Long tubes with no cats and plan on ID 850s with the ZL1 Pump . Its gentle on gas unless you to romp it. I cant picture owning a camaro that isnt FI.

epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #20
2ssx2

Can one of you send pictures of the y block and hoses routed on the JRE fuel line upgrade? I have not yet installed mine. did you guys get 2 hoses that were both about 21/2ft long with ninety degree elbows on the ends? The hose that connect from the passenger fuel rail to the y block seems way too long and wanted to see how you guys routed everything.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #21
epstein
Account Suspended

Hope this Helps..... This pic is from when I discovered an oil leak issue. If anyone is thinking of installing themselves, I will offer as I have in the past. If During your install you have a question or need a picture/video to better clarify your instructions PM me and I will give you my cell number and try to assist from there. I have helped several members that way.
Brian

Old 02-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #22
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
The 2 hoses are suppose to be the same length. It's so the fuel travels the same distance. My "Y" block is located on the passenger side at the rear of the valve cover.The braided hose for the passenger side is installed in the shape of a "U" from the "Y" block to the fuel rail. The driver side is straight from the fuel rail to the "Y" block. I can't show you a picture because it can't be seen in the back of the engine.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #23
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ssx2 View Post
Can one of you send pictures of the y block and hoses routed on the JRE fuel line upgrade? I have not yet installed mine. did you guys get 2 hoses that were both about 21/2ft long with ninety degree elbows on the ends? The hose that connect from the passenger fuel rail to the y block seems way too long and wanted to see how you guys routed everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
The 2 hoses are suppose to be the same length. It's so the fuel travels the same distance. My "Y" block is located on the passenger side at the rear of the valve cover.The braided hose for the passenger side is installed in the shape of a "U" from the "Y" block to the fuel rail. The driver side is straight from the fuel rail to the "Y" block. I can't show you a picture because it can't be seen in the back of the engine.
Very good explanation.

Thanks

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #24
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by epstein View Post
I installed mine myself 24,000 miles ago. Definitely install JRE fuel rail upgrade,and ask Ted about a Mail order tune. I have since installed Long tubes with no cats and plan on ID 850s with the ZL1 Pump . Its gentle on gas unless you to romp it. I cant picture owning a camaro that isnt FI.

I love to see this when guys actually use they're cars rather than saving it for the next guy.

Good Job, Sweet Ride.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #25
2ssx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by epstein View Post
Hope this Helps..... This pic is from when I discovered an oil leak issue. If anyone is thinking of installing themselves, I will offer as I have in the past. If During your install you have a question or need a picture/video to better clarify your instructions PM me and I will give you my cell number and try to assist from there. I have helped several members that way.
Brian

Thanks for the picture. Ted had already explained why the hoses were both the same. I just wanted to know how the hoses were routed.

I get my new car back from the body shop today and will finish installing the fuel line kit.

I want to order and install a catch can, do I also need a breather?

Last edited by 2ssx2; 02-05-2013 at 02:27 PM. Reason: .
2ssx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #26
sscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I love to see this when guys actually use they're cars rather than saving it for the next guy.

Good Job, Sweet Ride.

Ted.
I have put 16K miles on my SS since the E-Force install.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #27
sscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ssx2 View Post
Thanks for the picture. Ted had already explained why the hoses were both the same. I just wanted to know how the hoses were routed.

I get my new car back from the body shop today and will finish installing the fuel line kit.

I want to order and install a catch can, do I also need a breather?
I didn't use a breather on mine and the catch can does it's job.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #28
epstein
Account Suspended

If I run it hard I use the Breather...... If its at a show covers are on and breather is off...

Thanks Ted.... That means a lot coming from you ..... I gotta see you in the spring for a few pulls .... Gotta tweak it so I can beat my best friend with the black diamond ctsv...you made Evil!

Brian