Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-01-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Why do Ohio Drivers....

Take up the left lane in a 3 lane 70 mph zone doing 65 to 70?

I live 35 miles from the Ohio border and take I-75 to work. This is NOT a one time occurance. Every day on my way to work or coming home...and I mean EVERY day, there is one or multiple drivers that believe 65-70 in the left lane and keeping pace with the center lane is appropriate.

The left lane is NOT a travel lane....PASS and get over. Michigan drivers are guilty of this as well, but statistically, Ohio drivers are by far the worst offenders.

No offense to Ohio drivers, but what gives? Is there any rhyme to the reason?
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:10 AM   #2
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
They are blissfully unaware.
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:13 AM   #3
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
it's not just Ohio. People don't know how to drive.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:22 AM   #4
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Yea, agreed. When I am in Ohio on the turnpike, or on 75, there is NEVER an issue with what I face here, seriously. September this year, drove to Pittsburg on 80 east...no issues. Two weeks later, drove to Massillon OH (180 miles each way) no issues. November took a trip to Cinci...two lane I-75 most of the way, traffic is 75-80 in a 70. Thats what I DO NOT GET!

Why is it while in another state, you choose to clog up the roads? Why when driving in your state are you courteous not whoring up the left lane?

Sure this applies across the board, I am using Ohio because I seriously don't get it!
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:20 AM   #5
Qwkss

Drives: Hoopty Winter Beater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post

I live in KY and drive across the river to Oh. KY people are guilty as well.
Qwkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Because Ohio won't raise our limit to 70 like every other freaking state around us has.

Since our limit is at 65, everyone's used to pushing that limit to 70, whereas the folks around Ohio are used to a 70 MPH limit and pushing that to 75. 70 MPH in the fast lane is plenty fast for Ohioans because we're not used to anything faster.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #7
TahoeCamaro

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS VR, '11 Tahoe LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkss View Post
I live in KY and drive across the river to Oh. KY people are guilty as well.
KY people are not nearly as bad. Although I was driving the Tahoe and had some idiot slam on his brakes and come to a complete stop (in a 70 MPH zone) in the far right lane trying to figure out if it was the exit he wanted. I had to slam on my brakes and go into the right shoulder (I had a very safe following distance, but still had to veer around...). Behind me I heard tires squeal and the guy behind me got rear ended... All because of this retard.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #8
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Because Ohio won't raise our limit to 70 like every other freaking state around us has.

Since our limit is at 65, everyone's used to pushing that limit to 70, whereas the folks around Ohio are used to a 70 MPH limit and pushing that to 75. 70 MPH in the fast lane is plenty fast for Ohioans because we're not used to anything faster.
That's not the point. People should only drive on the left lane to pass. That's how I use it. I pass and go back to the lane next to me. If everyone knew how to drive, traffic would be so much easier to get through. Especially here in California.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #9
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Parenting.

I am currently teaching my son to drive. I have harped on THIS subject till blue in the face.

If you're in the fast lane doing 20 over the speed limit, and someone comes up behind you doing 30 over..........well........then...........GET THE F OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!!!!

It's a passing lane. Here in Alabama, it's even called 'Passing Lane' in the book. The others are called 'Cruising' or 'Traveling' lanes.

People get out there and do the speed limit and think to themselves, "I'm doing the speed limit so I'm fine out here"

Idiots.

There is ZERO reason to be in that lane if you're not going around someone or getting off on a left lane exit.

(and NO, I didn't tell my son to do 20 over. That point was for this thread)
Old 12-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #10
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
[QUOTE=Banshee;1232891]Take up the left lane in a 3 lane 70 mph zone doing 65 to 70?

I am just glad to see that other people notice this. With my job I travel throughout KY and OH meeting with customers and I get so iritated with this. I really get amused when I am on the highway and the person in the left lane is traveling the same speed as the person in the right lane which is almost always about 8 mph under the posted speed limit.

Last edited by Drew10; 12-02-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #11
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Parenting.

I am currently teaching my son to drive. I have harped on THIS subject till blue in the face.

If you're in the fast lane doing 20 over the speed limit, and someone comes up behind you doing 30 over..........well........then...........GET THE F OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!!!!

It's a passing lane. Here in Alabama, it's even called 'Passing Lane' in the book. The others are called 'Cruising' or 'Traveling' lanes.

People get out there and do the speed limit and think to themselves, "I'm doing the speed limit so I'm fine out here"

Idiots.

There is ZERO reason to be in that lane if you're not going around someone or getting off on a left lane exit.

(and NO, I didn't tell my son to do 20 over. That point was for this thread)
Agreed entirely. I frequently drive 15 mph over the limit (85 in a 70) and I still move over into the right lane whenever possible. In fact, I've had passengers think I'm weird because in moderate traffic I make a lane change about ever 20 seconds as I move around people and back into the right lane.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #12
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Take up the left lane in a 3 lane 70 mph zone doing 65 to 70?

I live 35 miles from the Ohio border and take I-75 to work. This is NOT a one time occurance. Every day on my way to work or coming home...and I mean EVERY day, there is one or multiple drivers that believe 65-70 in the left lane and keeping pace with the center lane is appropriate.

The left lane is NOT a travel lane....PASS and get over. Michigan drivers are guilty of this as well, but statistically, Ohio drivers are by far the worst offenders.

No offense to Ohio drivers, but what gives? Is there any rhyme to the reason?
Easy... because we know when you are from Michegan and we are trying to screw with you because we don't give a damn about the whole state of Michegan! GO BUCKS!

HA HA, just joking. I feel for you, most Ohio drivers are not so good! can't drive in the rain, can't drive in the snow, can't drive in the fog... most should just stay home!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #13
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
I may have an explanation for you. I work with a guy that is from Ohio. He said that they don't know how to drive, and he was amazed at when he came to Michigan "people know how to merge"

If you stay in the left lane, you don't have to merge.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #14
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Buckeyes are a bunch of nuts!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote