Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
tangorover

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT Summit White
Regretting ordering a Camaro vs Buying off the lot

So I had been planning the Camaro I wanted for about a year, saved up for a good downpayment and finally last Saturday went in the dealership and ordered a Summit White 2LT with IOM stripes and interior. Thats the car I lusted over for over a year, even before the White camaro was available.
Now at the dealership the dealer asked me to check if I liked some on the Lot. I test drove a Rally yellow 2LT and loved it But kept my strong resolve and went ahead and ordered the White one.
I was all happy but on monday (day before yesterday) I had an sinking feeling in my stomach... I felt like I already owned a camaro and someone stole it from me. The last two days of waiting have been agonizing!!! I don't know how I will last 2 months!!! Please fellow waiters Give me the resolve to stick to my order and not pick one off the lot!!

PS: I have no issue getting one off the lot, But I was at the dealer for about a hour and in that time damn customers were palming and running their greasy fingers all over the Camaros !! I got into one and the driver side kick panel had marks from people's shoes, The doorway had scuff marks and (horrors of horrors) the key stub had marks form people trying to and not being able to find the key hole :-(
tangorover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Just STICK with yours!! Nothing wrong with picking off the lot, but knowing you ordered YOUR Camaro is cool! just stick with this great site, learn, ask questions, read...and plan your mods!

Merry Christmas & Welcome to the Camaro5 Family!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
wayner

Drives: White SSRS Convertible Edelbrock SC
Go to the car lot on a sunny day and look at all the swirl marks in the clear coat from the 16 year old employees washing them every other day, and you will know you made the right decision.
wayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
YenkoSC

Drives: 1967 Camaro RS/SS, 1969 Camaro
The wait is worth it in the end.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
CAM MAN

Drives: ALL 5 GEN CAMAROS
I would just wait , You will be happy in the long run.
CAM MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #6
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I saw a white Camaro SS at the track last week and it looked really nice.

Stay with white.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
Mustang Killa

Drives: Black 2SS
HANG IN THERE!!! Dont settle..ive been in the same boat...before u know it your pride and joy will be here....the regret of not getting exactly the one u want will last a lot longer than the 2 mos of waiting for perfection...i promise!
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:30 PM   #8
mjdodd1107
lifelong Camaro coveter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Hang in there, it's SO worth the wait to get exactly what you want, especially if you plan on keeping the car for a significant amount of time. Really, what's two months when compared to 10 years?
Old 12-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #9
tangorover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
Probably won't even be 2 months... Next thing you know you'll be getting a call about the car being there
Thats secretly what im hoping for since Im guessing people in the snowed in east belt are no longer (fingers crossed) are no longer ordering Camaros..
Old 12-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #10
MR. FBDY
FBDY or no Body

Drives: 2010 CGM ZL1 clone/13 Silverado HD
It doesnt matter if you ordered it or if you buy off the lot, you will eventually make changes to it and personalize it to your taste anyhow.

When I ordered mine I thought, yeah, perfect just what I wanted and I wont have to change a thing.............wrong.

I changed the stripes twice, added a SLP exhaust, K&N filter, aftermarket SLP rear spoiler, bought factory GFX and had them painted to match, bought the Hurst shifter, got the aftermarket Lloyd carpets, and a chrome set of wheels coming.

So even ordering it, you still will change it.
MR. FBDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
We should open up COA club, Camaro Orderers Anonymous Club.

Don't worry brother mine supposed to be here by February.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #12
FEN

Drives: BLACK 2SS/RS
As others have stated, its worth the wait. If you buy on impulse you will regret not waiting for exactly what you wanted! I was at my dealership looking at two SS Camaros and actually watched a customer open one door into the other car I told them when mine arrives ....no one is to touch it,sit in it,etc....just pretend its not there until i pick it up.
FEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:09 PM   #13
Krozzbow

Drives: 2LT/BB 3.6 V6 6-M Jun'09 #A9100242
I know how the waiting game feels. It’s like that special girl who says “I’ll call you” and your glued to the night table for the phone to ring. Relax! it will come in two months.
Krozzbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #14
tangorover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. FBDY View Post
It doesnt matter if you ordered it or if you buy off the lot, you will eventually make changes to it and personalize it to your taste anyhow.

When I ordered mine I thought, yeah, perfect just what I wanted and I wont have to change a thing.............wrong.

I changed the stripes twice, added a SLP exhaust, K&N filter, aftermarket SLP rear spoiler, bought factory GFX and had them painted to match, bought the Hurst shifter, got the aftermarket Lloyd carpets, and a chrome set of wheels coming.

So even ordering it, you still will change it.

Absolutely! Im already planning to powdercoat my rims and et the stripes painted. i guess its the popularity of the camaros. There were like a dozen people there just to show their kids the camaro, and I did exactly what every one else did. I was feeling up every texture and leaving my dead skin flakes all over the interior.. The car just begs to be touched!!