Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 10-17-2022, 12:37 PM   #1
General Tsou’s Chicken

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Supercharger & Cam Install

Hello! So I’m about to receive my GPI SS3 cam, torque converter, and gears. Hopefully over the next few months I’m looking to see if I can pickup a whipple during the holiday discounts. Does anyone have suggestions for a shop that specialize in this stuff and a tune? I’ll look into Late Model performance but I was just wondering if there are any other suggestions.
General Tsou’s Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 05:13 AM   #2
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Sorry bud, haven't logged into this in a while.... obviously. I hope you got someone down there to install your stuff.? The best shops in this state unfortunately are in the north end of the state. I use Horsepower Addicts but there is also Race Proven Motorsports.... both are up in Wilmington area and both are members on here.
Old 01-29-2023, 03:21 PM   #3
General Tsou’s Chicken

Hey, I actually found a shop 10 miles from me. I’ll be dropping the car off next month and she’ll be back by mid-April. Thanks though.
Old 01-29-2023, 03:24 PM   #4
General Tsou’s Chicken

Got this bumper for my 2015
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2023, 05:01 PM   #5
2012 Camaro SS

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Hey Gen Tsou's, saw your post, I live in Maryland too (Bethesda), am interested to know what shop you used, if you don't mind me asking. Im fairly new to the forum, I think this is my second post ever. I work in northern Virginia, so sometimes that area can be more convenient, but for performance work, obviously, willing to go much farther. My 2012 camaro SS is currently at the performance shop, Universally Modified, in Northern Virginia, my ls3 aluminum block, and stock cam, got damaged when lifters failed, so they're installing an chevy iron block lq4 6.0L that was built by ATK performance to be 408 ci (6.7L) stroker (4.030 bore X 4.0 stroke). They're also putting in texas speed 1 7/8 long tube headers, texas speed stage 1 camshaft for n/a ls3 (bought when I thought only cam needed to be replaced not entire engine) and new clutch (mcleod rst). They don't self perform the tune, but have it done remotely by a shop in Texas. So if Northern Virginia is not too far, they might be another option for performance work. I should be getting the car back around 2nd week of April.
2012 Camaro SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 09:25 PM   #6
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tsou’s Chicken View Post
Got this bumper for my 2015
This is a Beaut!
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 05:38 PM   #7
SILVERHAWK

How did the install go General?
Old 07-16-2023, 12:07 PM   #8
General Tsou’s Chicken

Update

So Here’s the current status. Camshaft is done and now they’ll start the ProCharger and differential Monday. I’d say she’ll be tuned and ready to go in about two weeks. I decided to go with Maryland Performance in Frederick.
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2023, 12:13 PM   #9
General Tsou’s Chicken

2012 Camaro SS, I was originally just going to do a supercharger. Unfortunately I was having the lifter issues as well. So figured I might as well do the cam. I’m generally either in Rehoboth Beach DE or Rockville MD. So not far from you and Silverhawk
Old 09-08-2023, 09:54 AM   #10
SILVERHAWK

Hope it's done by now....
Old 09-28-2023, 01:39 PM   #11
b4wheeler

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Vert
Stop by on your way home from Rehobeth. You are literally 5 minutes from my house when you drive by. Would like to get some advice on mine and see yours. You have practically duplicates my idea for my car.