Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
smhardesty

Drives: 2001 Black Camaro
2011 2SS Black: What's a Good Price?

Hello, I'm new to the site and I must say its a great site, but I'm kinda lost.
I currently own a 2001 Camaro and I've been looking for a few weeks so far for a 2011 2SS in the Louisville, KY area and I have not found any for the prices I see that people on here have gotten. I'm seeing prices here for around $33,000 for one with about 5000 miles on it.
Is this a good deal? I'm completely lost on this sort of things because I've never owned a new car. Any help would greatly appriciated. Any advice or anything. I'm excited to own a 5th gen camaro but dont wanna get burned.
smhardesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
Dr. Evil

Drives: 2013 SS
Look on the for sale section on here and you can get as good or better of a deal. If you are trading and need to go through a dealership then by all means find one you like, get the particulars and run it by the folks here. 33K seems about avg for a well optioned 2ss. Not a smokin deal but not awful. Alot will depend on any other fees they try to tack on and trade in value. If they give you $2500 for your trade when its really worth $10k then they can mark the price down alot further on the one they are selling you so watch for that. With all the research tools and advice available on the internet there is no reason anyone should get reamed at the dealer but it happens every day. Thats because people get emotional about a car purchase and get in a hurry. Dont get in a hurry, do research and take your time.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #3
SammySS
Steve

Drives: 11 2SS Victory Red Vert
At first I read this as a 2012 but your interested a 2011. I got my 2011 2SS Vert for 9k off sticker. I don't see why you couldn't do the same or better
SammySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #4
wabibito

Drives: 2013 2SS RS
I bought my 2011 2SS RS for 31,200 + tax. It has 215 miles on it. I think you could do better than the price they listed.
wabibito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:00 AM   #5
TJR1952

Drives: 2013 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by smhardesty View Post
Hello, I'm new to the site and I must say its a great site, but I'm kinda lost.
I currently own a 2001 Camaro and I've been looking for a few weeks so far for a 2011 2SS in the Louisville, KY area and I have not found any for the prices I see that people on here have gotten. I'm seeing prices here for around $33,000 for one with about 5000 miles on it.
Is this a good deal? I'm completely lost on this sort of things because I've never owned a new car. Any help would greatly appriciated. Any advice or anything. I'm excited to own a 5th gen camaro but dont wanna get burned.
First go to a web site like www.cars.com or other and build a car. It will give you the invoice and msrp price. Do a print out and study it. Go to www.chevrolet.com and locate dealers near you. They will have websites for each dealer. Check to see if they have anything in their new inventory that comes close to what you want. It is always easier to negotiate a deal for a car they have on their lot or is in transit to them. Pick a dealer that seems most eager to make a deal. Talk to the sales manager on line. Tell him what your looking for and try to befriend him or her. Set up a time to sit down and talk to him face to face. Take all your information with you and explain what your looking for , including what your willing to pay. Never..never get upset or angry when your negotiating. Remember your just talking and throwing numbers out there. If the right numbers come up , be ready to move with the deal. Be ready with down payment and know what kind of financing is available to you. If the numbers are not right , be ready to walk , saying i have to think about this , i will talk to you latter. Never buy on a impulse. I have bought many new vehicles in my life and always did my homework before buying. Not one time did the sales person know more about the vehicle i was buying.
TJR1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
SammySS
Steve

If its a loaner/demo car offer them the used trade in value of the car. It's fair for the fact that it's 2 years old and needs to go
Old 08-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #7
smhardesty

First off, thanks for all this great advice. I'm not going to rush into anything. The longer I wait, the more money I'll have saved for a down payment. I currently have a 2001 Camaro with 150,xxx miles on it. I've looked at dealer websites here and that was the price that I previously stated for the ideal Camaro I want. I always do lots and lots of homework on anything I buy, and every bit helps, especially from you guys. I'm going to keep and open mind for whatever deals may come up, I just need any advice that will help in this search. Thanks again for the help!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #8
SammySS
Steve

Just wait til next year for a 12 Model. You could also look for a new 11 Model and have it shipped.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
smhardesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammySS View Post
Just wait til next year for a 12 Model. You could also look for a new 11 Model and have it shipped.
I was thinking of that mindset with buying a 2011. Hoping that it would be even that much more cheaper. I'm going to have to look into the price difference between the two and base a decision there. What do you think the difference in price would be? I'm aiming for possibly January or February 2013 to make the purchase. Like I said, I have no problem waiting and want to do all the homework for it first.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #10
SammySS
Steve

By the beginning of the year I would imagine it be 5k off sticker with 1.9% through GM. Middle of the year your looking at 7-10k off sticker. If you want an 11 now just have it shipped for 1.5k or pick it up yourself. They probably won't get any cheaper now. At the moment Classic Chevrolet in Grapvine has an 11 SS for 31k. I bet dealers would negotiate shipping if they really needed the car out of the lot.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #11
SSVert52

Drives: 11SS Vert
I agree that you may be able to get a new 11 for the price you are talking. I picked up a 11 Vert 1ss with almost all 2SS options for almost $9k off of $41+K sticker. Also got zero GM interest for 60 months. Remind dealer car is now 2 years old (13's are out) and should be priced as such. Buy outright or talk trade after price is agreed upon for new car. Remember on trade that if you are buying at a great price you will not get great price on trade. Try and sell trade yourself if you can.
SSVert52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #12
smhardesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR1952 View Post
First go to a web site like www.cars.com or other and build a car. It will give you the invoice and msrp price. Do a print out and study it. Go to www.chevrolet.com and locate dealers near you. They will have websites for each dealer. Check to see if they have anything in their new inventory that comes close to what you want. It is always easier to negotiate a deal for a car they have on their lot or is in transit to them. Pick a dealer that seems most eager to make a deal. Talk to the sales manager on line. Tell him what your looking for and try to befriend him or her. Set up a time to sit down and talk to him face to face. Take all your information with you and explain what your looking for , including what your willing to pay. Never..never get upset or angry when your negotiating. Remember your just talking and throwing numbers out there. If the right numbers come up , be ready to move with the deal. Be ready with down payment and know what kind of financing is available to you. If the numbers are not right , be ready to walk , saying i have to think about this , i will talk to you latter. Never buy on a impulse. I have bought many new vehicles in my life and always did my homework before buying. Not one time did the sales person know more about the vehicle i was buying.
I've never thought of doing that, and it's a great idea! thanks! I've been looking at the websites for Louisville dealers and havent found anything close but the one that I previously stated. But I may have to start expanding my buying area by a few cities as well.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #13
smhardesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSVert52 View Post
I agree that you may be able to get a new 11 for the price you are talking. I picked up a 11 Vert 1ss with almost all 2SS options for almost $9k off of $41+K sticker. Also got zero GM interest for 60 months. Remind dealer car is now 2 years old (13's are out) and should be priced as such. Buy outright or talk trade after price is agreed upon for new car. Remember on trade that if you are buying at a great price you will not get great price on trade. Try and sell trade yourself if you can.
When did you buy your Camaro? and how do you get the zero interest for 60 months from GM? sorry if thats a dumb question, still new at all this. Also, I'm more looking into a used, certidied used 2011 2SS.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #14
SSVert52

Drives: 11SS Vert
I purchased on the last day of May and believe GM had a promo during May for zero interest for 60 months. Also the car was new put did have about 500 miles. Dealer detailed car to perfect condition. Again all I am saying is you may be able to get a great deal on an 11and save on interest rate as new car rates are always lower than used. Good luck, you will love the car when you find the right one.
SSVert52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2ss, camaro, dealer, price