Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-29-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
No Weeds Feel bogged down?

Hey guys just getting some feedback I have Kooks LTH cats and diverters. I notice with them closed the car feels stronger than with them open. It feels delayed and bogged down and then it builds up I guess but the car still feels stronger with the diverters closed. please give me some feedback on this thanks.
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharp View Post
Hey guys just getting some feedback I have Kooks LTH cats and diverters. I notice with them closed the car feels stronger than with them open. It feels delayed and bogged down and then it builds up I guess but the car still feels stronger with the diverters closed. please give me some feedback on this thanks.

Had the car came to me I would have talked you out of them,the design of ALL AFTERMARKET EXHAUST DIVERTERS/CUTOUTS on the market(except factory corvette) are a joke.The only thing they are good for are problems!

Sorry to hear your un happy!

Last edited by ADM PERFORMANCE; 04-30-2010 at 07:02 PM.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #3
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
so are you stating that all aftermarket exhaust will cause power loss?
Old 04-30-2010, 07:02 AM   #4
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Aftermarket Exhaust wows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Had the car came to me I would have talked you out of them,the design of ALL AFTERMARKET EXHAUST on the market(except factory corvette) are a joke.The only thing they are good for are problems!

Sorry to hear your un happy!
OK so this is a huge law suit if you can give me and my lawyer the proof and since you state this emphatically you must already have some preoof to back your claim...... I spent 1300 bones on a cat back system that if it is no better or if it actually degrades the performance of my upgrade configuration I want to know now....... Lets have it!!
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:06 AM   #5
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
I have qtp diverters and they are good for sound only. I had mine dynoed 3 runs open 3 runs closed. Absolutly 0 hp gain,but no loss either. love the sound and ability to open and close them though.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:12 AM   #6
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Oh I am not unhappy just wanted to see what others felt like. I dont think I could have been persuaded out of them as I like the noise and I dont think any other setup would have netted me that. Plus I can put it back to stock easy with not issues. Unlike a full exhaust which can be done but then you have to store your stock on and it is a little more of a chore to get it on/off. I spoke with andy at livernois and he said that it will not matter open or closed on the dyno even with supercharger other than noise so I can be content with that as they sound absolutely bad azz open!!
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:08 AM   #7
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
OK so this is a huge law suit if you can give me and my lawyer the proof and since you state this emphatically you must already have some preoof to back your claim...... I spent 1300 bones on a cat back system that if it is no better or if it actually degrades the performance of my upgrade configuration I want to know now....... Lets have it!!
This is a well known fact, if you listen to people other than the manufacturer. You get a catback for sound, you get LT's for power. There's maybe 5-10whp to made in a catback and most of that comes from the X-pipe. As far as sueing, good luck. Anyone can make a dyno say what they want it to say and all they have to do is do it once, under any conditions.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:17 PM   #8
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
did you tune it with the diverters open? I heard that that would make a slight difference.

btw... I stumbled apon this a while back.... back-to-back dyno pulls

Go to time = 4:33

says 18 HP, 23 TQ

Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #9
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
so are you stating that all aftermarket exhaust will cause power loss?
I dont know 100% if thats

what andy is saying however I have seen someone use a catback that actually hurt the car because of the loss of Backpreasure.
Newer cars thrives on back preasure.

if i am incorrect Andy or someone else please chime in I would like to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
Mufflers and catbacks are for sound purposes only they dont give any HP what so ever what makes the power is HEADERS and the tubing.

The stock Camaro exhaust is VERY free flowing actually.

andy is basically saying by buying what this gentleman did if he wanted more HP then he wasted his money,

Andy is telling the truth. exhaust are mainly for sound .

I think the X pipe actually does something but the mufflers and etc are for sound.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote