Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #29
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
All I can think of here is:

"Night of the Living Dead!"

Old 09-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #30
Angelina

Drives: 2010 Camaro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post

As proof that there are cars whos paint is off, I will be snapping a few pictures in a few weeks to prove it.

I caution anyone who wants to prove me wrong before I post.

Mine will be in that picture. It is not door to panel, it IS panel/hood to facia.

I had a guy come up to me at a car show that stated he worked in the paint department for GM for 25 years. He went on to say how my paint did not match up.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my car! Just wish that was fixed

Drives: 2SS RS, IOM, Auto, Sunroof

Delivered: 5/15/09
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #31
Inferno Orange 2SS-RS
US Army Retired

Drives: IOM 2SS-RS - A6 (L99)
The color shifts on my Inferno Orange, not just from the door panel to the quarter panel, but anywhere there is an angle. It looks cool, can't understand why some felt it was a mismatch.
Inferno Orange 2SS-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #32
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Orange 2SS-RS View Post
The color shifts on my Inferno Orange, not just from the door panel to the quarter panel, but anywhere there is an angle. It looks cool, can't understand why some felt it was a mismatch.
Your right- People can't read. It's not a paint problem on the door at the 1/4 panel , It's the shape of the two panels.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #33
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Orange 2SS-RS View Post
That's not the issue and just because your car has no paint issues does not mean that another customer does not have a paint issue.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #34
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
Mine will be in that picture. It is not door to panel, it IS panel/hood to facia.

I had a guy come up to me at a car show that stated he worked in the paint department for GM for 25 years. He went on to say how my paint did not match up.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my car! Just wish that was fixed
Old 09-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #35
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Gary - I apologize about my 350Z comment - you are always welcome here no matter what you drive. I just get very angry whenever people quickly conclude that the customer is wrong or that they are "conspiracy theorists" for disagreeing with whatever GM tells them. In the TSB, there is no mention about the early cars and that's unfortunate.

As proof that there are cars whos paint is off, I will be snapping a few pictures in a few weeks to prove it.

I caution anyone who wants to prove me wrong before I post.
I agree with you. I still think there were cars that were mismatched.

I've seen them in person and have pictures. However, people still won't believe it even after pictures. They'll point you to the bulletin and say GM's word is gold. People need to learn to think for themselves. Do you believe everything politicians tell the public?

Last edited by snizzle; 09-17-2009 at 01:13 PM.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #36
coolman

What gets me is most of the paint problems I've read about were not door and quarters matching it was the bumber covers to the rest of the car. I don't see this saying anything about that. What magical theroy do they have about why paint is coming off thease cars or like my wifes ,areas that where never painted at all.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #37
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
GM shouldn't even have put this out because no matter what they say people are going to believe what they want and still tell others to ignore the fact most cars are pretty perfect. The whole point I'm making is people seem to act as if this is a HUGE problem when in fact it isn't. Yes some cars may have a little mis-match(nothing is ever 100% perfect) but quit trying to blow it up as the majority of cars just because you may have a small problem with yours.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:06 PM   #38
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
GM shouldn't even have put this out because no matter what they say people are going to believe what they want and still tell others to ignore the fact most cars are pretty perfect.
Prove this statement. You will not find one person who has this problem and will not reccommend the car to others. You are just stiring the pot.

Quote:
The whole point I'm making is people seem to act as if this is a HUGE problem when in fact it isn't. Yes some cars may have a little mis-match(nothing is ever 100% perfect) but quit trying to blow it up as the majority of cars just because you may have a small problem with yours.

Who is acting as if this is a HUGE problem? Who is blowing it up as something which is occuring to the majority of cars? Quit stiring the pot.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #39
coolman

Why are there two of thease threads?
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #40
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Prove this statement. You will not find one person who has this problem and will not reccommend the car to others. You are just stiring the pot.

Who is acting as if this is a HUGE problem? Who is blowing it up as something which is occuring to the majority of cars? Quit stiring the pot.
WOW who is blowing it up. Let's go back a couple months when at least one thread a day was popping up saying bad paint job, mismatched paint. Hell I remember one person being so dumb as to start one and show he had a mismatched painted IOM and took pictures and pointed out how the front was a different color then the side on the car and hood. Then made the mistake of taking the picture from a different angle and proving it was just the angle of the first pic but went on to defend it by saying no its mismatched.

Don't act like this board didn't have a problem with people trying to claim all IOM were all mismatched because it happened.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #41
Hylton

Quote:
WOW who is blowing it up. Let's go back a couple months when at least one thread a day was popping up saying bad paint job, mismatched paint. Hell I remember one person being so dumb as to start one and show he had a mismatched painted IOM and took pictures and pointed out how the front was a different color then the side on the car and hood. Then made the mistake of taking the picture from a different angle and proving it was just the angle of the first pic but went on to defend it by saying no its mismatched.

Don't act like this board didn't have a problem with people trying to claim all IOM were all mismatched because it happened.
I agree that there are a lot of people posting about their mismatched paint but when were those threads made? April? May? Maybe they were legit at the time?

Like I said, the issue has been resolved and any car built today will not have mismatched paint. Let's just not automatically state that the customer is wrong/stupid when you have not even looked at their car.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #42
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Gentlemen, please discuss this without getting contentious and personal. Thank you.