Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-16-2017, 04:57 PM   #29
13LTLoveIt

Drives: 2013 1.5 LT Convertible
Driving it home from the dealer; 10,500 miles on odo, perfect colors & reasonable payments for the best Camaro I ever wanted. A 2013, only year of sweet spot in Camaro models and history!
13LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 05:55 PM   #30
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray A6
seeing my daughter take it to her high school prom. They do a car line-up and drive-up. My Z is a beauty, however my daughter all dressed up made that car look amazing..

and yes, she drove..her date rode shot gun, and dad had his shot gun ready..lol.
StreetRage320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:36 PM   #31
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
I am a pre-order guy and I took delivery of my SS on 6/17/2009 and I had never saw one on the road prior to getting mine. My wife and I went out to dinner and when we came out there was a crowd of 20+ people checking it out and taking pictures.

The 2nd best was when I paid it off!
Same here re pre ordering a 5th gen Camaro. I also got mine the Summer of '09.
The memories never get old. My SS drew crowds on the road and at car shows for
months. I still get "nice car" comments almost every time I take it out for a spin.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:21 AM   #32
MurderedLS3

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro 2SS/RS
The Happiest Day with my Camaro was the day i picked it up
i remember it like it was yesterday, i signed the paperwork the car sales man stood up an shook my hand an said "you now own a 2012 Camaro SS"
i walked outside there it was sitting up front all clean, people walking by it, checking it out. when i hit the unlock button it was like a movie. watching people talk amount themselves like "how can a young kid own a car like that" (my personally favorite thing to hear).

Happiest Moment, Honestly was picking up a girl that i was crushing on (now my girlfriend) her favorite kinda car so that helped haha. i got out opened the door for her. she loved it (still does) i took her for a spin, she couldn't believe the amount of power it had. i loved the look on her face when i did a 2nd gear pull, after she peeled herself back off the seat, she couldn't stop smiling!

Every Event i take the Camaro to is an amazing time, its crazy how a car that is 5 almost 6 years old can still get some many people to turn there heads.
Best thing iv bought, so far i can see a new ZL1 in my future!
MurderedLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:51 AM   #33
Hixson

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS L99
My best day so far has to be the day we negotiated the deal and bought my Camaro kind of by accident haha. I was 23 and looking for a reasonable first car to purchase as my 1997 Grand Prix from high school and college was finally dead lol. I had been look at used Audi's, VW Golfs, Nissan 370 Zs, and some mustangs (I know) -I wanted a cool first car that I could do some projects on. Took a day off work with my dad and drove to Kansas City to shop around their huge auto mall - they have like 10 dealerships right next to each other. I had always loved the 5th gen Camaros looks, but it was more expensive than mustangs and other cars I was looking at so it was thought to be out of the question. We had just taken a black Nissan 370Z for a test drive, negotiated the price down a bit, and were going for lunch before making a decision. We decided to stop by the Chevy dealer quick on our way back from lunch to take a look around, and there she was. A brand new 2015 silver Camaro 1ss - nearly 7 months old but only 70 miles on the odometer. Sticker was pretty reasonable since they wanted to unload it (march 2016 at the time) for the new 6th gens. We had a salesman talk to us for a bit, and because I didn't think it was a realistic option at the time - we negotiated hard for the car. Told the guy we drove 6 hours to be here, weren't willing to come back, and had no problems walking away if the deal didn't get where we needed it to be. About 3 PM we had signed the paperwork for 0% financing for 72 months, and dropped the price of the car way down to make it an affordable monthly payment.

Best Camaro moments were (1) finding my perfect Camaro by accident 6 hours away from home, and buying it out of the blue. (2) going to the bank to get my down payment that I worked hard to save up. That was my first really grown up thing I had done and damn was I proud. Dad and I now take a few weeks every winter to do little projects to the car and this year we will start going to car meets and cars and coffee. I'm sure my best Camaro moment will change in a few months when my huge list of winter mods are finally installed and running. The car will be a completely different animal after adding: Headers and HFCs, GPI SS1 cam kit, GPI tune by Ryan, BMR lowering springs, GPI intake rod mod, VMAX ported throttle body, and new Pilot Sport 4S to replace my stock Pirellis. I'm getting worked up just thinking about it lol

Hope you all have a kick ass holiday weekend, I'm thankful for all of you giving me reading material through my morning coffee everyday
Hixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:47 AM   #34
yzinger

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - IOM - LS3
I will have another one to add to the list come spring time. Surviving the first winter storage and bring my baby back out in the spring!
yzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 04:31 PM   #35
bayarea408

Drives: 10' 2SS RS L99
leaving my tuner after i spent 5 months piecing together stuff for my turbo build in the garage. Cutting stuff, fuel pump, piping, heat wrap, gauges, turbo...soon as i hit the highway headed for home...i will never forget it...i thought i knew power...
Old 12-22-2017, 05:20 PM   #36
chargerfan2

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE 2SS Summit White
Running into a girl I dated in high school in a store parking lot. Was getting into my car as her and her husband were getting out of their......Prius.
chargerfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:22 PM   #37
yzinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerfan2 View Post
Running into a girl I dated in high school in a store parking lot. Was getting into my car as her and her husband were getting out of their......Prius.
Love this post.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:23 PM   #38
yzinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea408 View Post
leaving my tuner after i spent 5 months piecing together stuff for my turbo build in the garage. Cutting stuff, fuel pump, piping, heat wrap, gauges, turbo...soon as i hit the highway headed for home...i will never forget it...i thought i knew power...

Makes me smile big.