Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-13-2018, 03:52 PM   #1
Curtismc56

Drives: 2010 2SS
Spark plugs and wires

Recently the 2010 SS went in for routine service at a named tire dealer. For reasons I can't explain, they spliced a plug wire in and now I have misfire codes, stabilitrack on #5.
Should I replace entire harness?
Curtismc56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:07 PM   #2
Matt8892(2)

Drives: Black camaro 2ss 45th
Just replace the messed up and wire
Matt8892(2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:21 PM   #3
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
I want to know who the Hell deleted the comment about the sparks plug and wires I posted on here earlier? If it was the moderator ok but anyone else did it you don't have the right. [NO]
Old 10-13-2018, 09:33 PM   #4
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
I want to know who the Hell deleted the comment about the sparks plug and wires I posted on here earlier? If it was the moderator ok but anyone else did it you don't have the right. [NO]
Wouldn't a Mod be the only person with the elevated permissions required to delete a user post?

I would expect you would get some sort of notification or something if it was indeed deleted.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI

Last edited by InFiD3ViL; 10-14-2018 at 09:00 PM.
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:01 PM   #5
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Hold on a minute... Please....

First off, where exactly did you post a comment. Was it in this thread, or in another.

When did you post it....

I went and looked at your post history and I don't see anything back until sometime in June where you specifically discuss spark plugs and wires. (See attachment)

Moderators, or the person that makes a post, are the only ones that can "delete" a post. We can delete it, but even then it will show as a deleted post in the post history. It is the same if you delete your own post. We as moderators can view the edits and see the original post.

I'm not saying you didn't post something but it sure doesn't appear anywhere. I would love to help you out but I'm not seeing any evidence of a post deleted by you or any of the moderators.
Attached Images

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:20 PM   #6
Joecruiser

Drives: 2014 2-SSRS Slushbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt8892(2) View Post
Just replace the messed up and wire
Agreed I recently replaced my plugs and bought MSD 8.5mm plug wires. Paid $89 for the set with free shipping. You don't re-use the metal heat shield.

Scroll down on this link where I posted a link. Extremely easy job, do use dialectic grease on the boots to make replacement in the future easier and to help seal out moisture.

It's a one banana job, they're all cut the same length making install a no brainer.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...7787&page=1542
Joecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:02 AM   #7
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hold on a minute... Please....

First off, where exactly did you post a comment. Was it in this thread, or in another.

When did you post it....

I went and looked at your post history and I don't see anything back until sometime in June where you specifically discuss spark plugs and wires. (See attachment)

Moderators, or the person that makes a post, are the only ones that can "delete" a post. We can delete it, but even then it will show as a deleted post in the post history. It is the same if you delete your own post. We as moderators can view the edits and see the original post.

I'm not saying you didn't post something but it sure doesn't appear anywhere. I would love to help you out but I'm not seeing any evidence of a post deleted by you or any of the moderators.
What your saying is just exactly what I thought that only a moderator or I could remove a post. And if you had you would have let me know why. I went back to the same post to see if anyone had posted up about the subject and first think my post was gone. Because I was the first one to post a comment about the subject.
I was just surprised to see it gone cause I have never had this happen. And yes I have deleted a few posts I've put up.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:37 AM   #8
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
First post....your lost, first of all you don't splice in a plug wire you replace one individually and they don't get spliced into a harness they go simply from the coil to the plug each spark plug having a individual coil mounted to the top of the valve covers...…

Stabilitrac would simply be part of a generic CEL check engine light and you must have pulled up a code for the number five spark plug being cracked or their messing with the plug wire which should not have happened.

What ever maintenance you had a tire dealership do apparently it required them to mess with the engine and fixing it which if its not a reputable place they may be trying to get more money out of you; sort of putting the Alka Seltzer in the Battery trick...

In your case I would replace the spark plug and the spark plug wire with stock OEM iridium plugs and wire, not knowing your mileage...and what ever you do get the right plug with the right factory gap, you do not gap iridium its a very brittle wire. And you may be due for a set of new plugs; when installing them be sure they are in well hand tight and not cross threaded and then torque them good and snug not overly tight to break them; and make sure you reuse the stock heat shield over the wire its there to help protect the wire. Now if you have headers you have to watch to make sure the wires do not touch the headers....a lot more than stock exhaust manifold set up.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:51 AM   #9
Curtismc56

Spark plugs and wire

Ya, your reply is want I figured happened. Go in for a basic oil change and oops, here comes the bad news upsell.
Scoundrels!
Old 10-14-2018, 09:53 AM   #10
Curtismc56

Now that I lift the hood, previously I was guided by verbal info from recently deployed son, I did over a fuel injector plug and wire which has been spliced. Your description is similar, no splicing?
Old 10-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #11
Curtismc56

I discovered a fuel injector plug and wire splice. Bad, right?
Old 10-14-2018, 07:16 PM   #12
theflea42
#938 of 1524

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition Camaro
I would wonder why the fuel injector wire had to be spiced now....
theflea42 is offline   Reply With Quote