Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 10-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #15
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Ummm.....nevermind. I forgot what I wanted to say.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #16
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Ummm,
Umm..speechless?
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #17
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Laws, Psh these are more like restrictions.

Just the man putting us all down

Because of traffics "laws" every single American that has driven is considered a law breaker.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:40 PM   #18
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryoMan10 View Post
JohnMeadoo has my car as his signature! Pretty cool,

I am not complaining, i think most people are confusing my Rant.
Its the simple misguided fines that california puts in place.
Should the fine for doing 25mph over the speed limit be less than crossing a line?
I can answer my own question in the sense that most people get caught speeding, most dont pay anyways leading into a deficit of unpaid tickets. So please dont take my rant as i am mad that i got the ticket. I was simply putting the misguided fine amounts out there.

well remember the fine in of itself is not a fine but "bail" on the arrest, because in CA a traffic ticket is an arrest wherein you are released on your own recognizance and must pay the bail for the arrest, and that bail is a very small part of the total fee.

in california there is a 170% Penalty Assessment "Tax" on any criminal charge, be it a traffic violation or a loud party ticket at your house, or a burglary or homicide (yes California issues "fines" or "bail" amounts on criminal acts plus you or your immediate family are responsible to repay all charges associated with the arrest, from the police officers time to vehicle wear to jail processing to the cost of the jail uniform) ..

There are also a wide variety of other fees in California that are tacked on to the base fine and if the charge is a misdemeanor or DUI then there is a $100 Restitution fee also assessed.

Base Fine: Set by legislation and the Judicial Council of California.

Penalty Assessment: Penalty assessments are allocated for such items as court and jail facility construction and other items as noted below.

$10.00 per $10/base fine per PC 1464 goes 70% to State Trial Court Trust Fund; 30% to County General Fund.

$2.00 per $10/base fine per GC 76100 goes to the County Courthouse construction fund.

$2.50 per $10/base fine per GC 76101 goes to the County Jail Construction Fund.

$0.50 per $10/base fine per GC 76102 goes to County Automated Fingerprint Fund.

$2.00 per $10/base fine per GC 76104 goes to Maddy Emergency Medical Fund (State/County split).

$3.00 per $10/base fine per GC 70372.(a) goes to State Court Facilities Construction Fund.

$1.00 per $10/base fine per GC 76104.6 goes to the DNA Identification Fund (County/State split).

$4.00 per $10/base fine per GC 76104.7 goes to the DNA Identification Fund (County/State split). (First $1 per $10 effective on violations on/after 07/12/06; additional $2 per $10 effective on violations on/after 06/10/10; $1 per $10 effective on violations on/after 06/27/12.)

$2.00 per $10/base fine per GC 70372(a) goes to the State Court Facilities Construction Fund - Immediate and Critical Needs Account.

Night Court Assessment Fee pursuant to Vehicle Code 42006; goes to the State Court Facilities Construction Fund - Immediate and Critical Needs Account - $1.00.

DMV History fee pursuant to Vehicle Code 40508.6; goes to the court to offset cost of recording and maintaining defendants prior convictions of the Vehicle Code - $10.00.

Twenty percent Criminal Surcharge pursuant to Penal Code 1465.7; goes to the State General Fund. 20% is calculated on the base fine amount.

Court Security Fee pursuant to Penal Code 1465.8; goes to the State Trial Court Trust Fund - $40.00.

Criminal Conviction Assessment pursuant to Government Code 70373; goes to the State Court Facilities Construction Fund – Immediate and Critical Needs Account (assessed per conviction). - $30.00 (Misdemeanor); $35.00 (Infraction)

Citation Processing Fee per Government Code 295550(c); goes to the County - $10.00.

Emergency Air Medical Transportation Act Fee pursuant to Government Code 76000.10; goes to County Emergency Air Medical Transporation Fund - $4.00.

Parking Violations Processed by the court. These violations must be issued on a Notice to Appear and signed by the violator.- $3.00 per parking violation. Pursuant to SB 857 and Government Code 76000.3, effective 12/19/10; goes to the State Trial Court Trust Fund.

DMV Traffic Violator School Completion Certificate Fee. $3.00 charged per certificate. Pursuant to AB 2499 and Vehicle Code 11208(d), effective 09/01/11; goes to State Department of Motor Vehicles.

http://www.saccourt.ca.gov/traffic/h...alculated.aspx

so in the end a $100 speeding fine can cost $471 in total with all the fees.

And if you voted yes on any initiative or bills in the past 15 years you can hold yourself responsible for voting these fees and fines into law, as they are commonly tacked on the the back side of popular bills that the state knows will be approved, because they also know that the majority of voters do not read everything.. So you vote for more funds to our schools, but also vote in a 20% increase in traffic violation fines.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #19
midnighter
Account Suspended

Oh yea, I remember now. California is a tough state.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:48 PM   #20
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Quote:
Oh yea, I remember now. California is a tough state.
it's not a tough state, it is state run by a bunch of bleeding hearts that think the citizens are here to give as much of their income to the "needs" of the State as the State determines it needs.

The overall attitude of the "officials" here is that the general public are a bunch of illiterate idiots that are here to provide for them.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:50 PM   #21
midnighter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
it's not a tough state, it is state run by a bunch of bleeding hearts that think the citizens are here to give as much of their income to the "needs" of the State as the State determines it needs.

The overall attitude of the "officials" here is that the general public are a bunch of illiterate idiots that are here to provide for them.
In other words we Californians are the state's bitch.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #22
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:

Yet no matter how much we continually provide for them, they still go deeper and deeper into debt. It's really awesome.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #23
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Quote:
In other words we Californians are the state's bitch.
pretty much, and we are ass raped daily with no lube..

how much you want to bet that the new sales tax bill goes thru because no one will read it completely seeing that the 2% sales tax hike is tacked onto a bill about school funding, and then after the fact people will bitch and moan that they just hung themselves with a 10% or higher state sales tax..
Old 10-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #24
midnighter
Account Suspended

I already figure that in the future or by the time I retire, I'll move to a different state where I can keep more than 10% of my retirement money.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:02 AM   #25
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Some larger cities have to decide wether or not to annex smaller communities and towns as part of the city. But many times it's considered a 'Toxic' proposition with the problems and sinking state of some of those places and they refuse to annex.

If California were not a part of the US already it would be considered 'Toxic' to the welfare of the rest of the country.

Just sayin'
Old 10-22-2012, 12:47 AM   #26
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
pretty much, and we are ass raped daily with no lube..

how much you want to bet that the new sales tax bill goes thru because no one will read it completely seeing that the 2% sales tax hike is tacked onto a bill about school funding, and then after the fact people will bitch and moan that they just hung themselves with a 10% or higher state sales tax..
CA sucks in my opinion. About 10 years ago I got out of a cab in the drop off lane at San Diego Airport and lit up a cigarette as soon as I got out of the cab. A San Diego Harbor Patrol Officer(Harbor Patrol, give me a break) came over and wrote me a ticket for $50 for smoking within 25 ft. of the entrance to the airport. It really was closer to 29 ft but I wasn't going to win that argument. I can't believe anyone still lives in CA especially when you are about to vote yourselves a tax increase and re-elected Jerry Brown. Yea the weather is nice but not that nice. No offense to those that live there but if I lived there I would leave as fast as I could. Yes I have become a true redneck after 30 years living in TX. If you can't beat them join them, lol.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:08 AM   #27
IkoIko
IkoIko

Drives: '12 2SS 6MT Victory Red
Send a message via AIM to IkoIko
Sad for your predicament CryoMan10, why not protest the tickets and ask for Traffic School? California will suspend your license if you don't seek some sort of resolution. Or you can hire an attorney and have a hearing arranged through DMV to reduce the fines, as well. Either way I wish you the best.
IkoIko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #28
Berean

Drives: Truck
California has the government it deserves.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote