Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Suspension / Chassis / Brakes

Old 03-07-2019, 05:47 AM   #29
rmcbee

Drives: 2013 ZL1
wish you hadn't taken it apart, then it wouldn't have cost me so much to have it installed...bummer.
rmcbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:14 AM   #30
StevenBateman

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcbee View Post
wish you hadn't taken it apart, then it wouldn't have cost me so much to have it installed...bummer.
Considering the weight of the entire thing and the fact I didn't have a truck at the time of purchase it was pretty much necessary. Doubtful that it would "cost so much" to install even if it's disassembled.
BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Tru Cool 40K 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

StevenBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #31
StevenBateman

Looks like shipping isn't going to be an option, as I just had someone ask to ship it and the rates for freight here are insane. I am able to drive a reasonable distance and meet up if anyone is willing to do that.
BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Tru Cool 40K 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

Old 03-17-2019, 09:06 PM   #32
Paulie_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
interested. can you PM me please.
Paulie_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:46 PM   #33
DSMer1

Drives: 14 and 15 SS's
Just a idea for you... I bought a complete Camaro cradle/dss 9"setup. The axles where unbolted and the control arms/hubs removed to make it all fit on a pallet.
It cost about $200 shipped from Tampa FL to Minneapolis MN.
Get your freight quote from a consolidator, it's way cheaper.
I use freightrun.com
I also just shipped a ls3 assembled long block from Minneapolis area to Virginia for $260.
I booked through freightrun.com, I used R+L carriers. When I called R+L carriers for a direct quote it was over 400 for the exact same shipment.
Sorry to interject in your FS thread but I figured I could help you with some experience in shipping freight.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:33 AM   #34
StevenBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer1 View Post
Just a idea for you... I bought a complete Camaro cradle/dss 9"setup. The axles where unbolted and the control arms/hubs removed to make it all fit on a pallet.
I use freightrun.com
I also just shipped a ls3 assembled long block from Minneapolis area to Virginia for $260.
I booked through freightrun.com, I used R+L carriers. When I called R+L carriers for a direct quote it was over 400 for the exact same shipment.
Sorry to interject in your FS thread but I figured I could help you with some experience in shipping freight.
I think the issue is because the quotes I'm looking are are international shipments. It would be different if I was shipping within Canada, or if i was living in the US and shipping domestically, but all the quotes I got were international shipping quotes.

Old 03-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #35
StevenBateman

sale pending

Old 03-18-2019, 10:31 AM   #36
StevenBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer1 View Post
I use freightrun.com
Got a great quote from here and the shipping was significantly less than previous quotes. Thanks!

Old 03-18-2019, 08:18 PM   #37
StevenBateman

Buyer isn't responding to messages...as of now its back up for sale. Will ship as I now have some way cheaper shipping quotes.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:00 PM   #38
StevenBateman

sold

Old 03-31-2019, 05:13 PM   #39
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Damn. Just saw this and I'm a hop skip and a jump north. Could have worked out a deal. Congrats to the new owner.
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote