Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #85
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
One important thing to remeber is when financing at a dealer ask to see the rate sheet the delaer got from the bank....Dealerships will add interest to the loan and they receive money back on the loans........For example you get approved for 5.9% but the delaer tells you you got approved for 7.9%....Guess where the extra money goes.....Always best to get your financing approved before you got to the dealer
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #86
kmmink

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS/GFX CRT/Beige A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post
A female should NEVER make her first car purchase alone. That's not politically correct, but we are talking about sharks here (dealerships) and that's the way it is.
REALLY!

Females are quite capable of doing many things on their own without the assistance of a male. If you have a female, she may be taking more things into her own hands then you are aware of, no offense. Just saying!
kmmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #87
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmink View Post
REALLY!

Females are quite capable of doing many things on their own without the assistance of a male. If you have a female, she may be taking more things into her own hands then you are aware of, no offense. Just saying!
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #88
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSStopper View Post
No contract I can find shows anything on the back, even in legalese, that says "Thanks for signing, but we reserve the right to back out of this deal." Maybe your state is different?

I only have enough experience to comfortably say that this does not apply to auto contracts in the state of Texas. Other loans, I'm not sure. Other states, I have no clue.
This is regarding TX, you may want to read it:

http://www.jtexconsumerlaw.com/pdfFiles/YoYoV6N3.pdf
Old 08-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #89
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
One important thing to remeber is when financing at a dealer ask to see the rate sheet the delaer got from the bank....Dealerships will add interest to the loan and they receive money back on the loans........For example you get approved for 5.9% but the delaer tells you you got approved for 7.9%....Guess where the extra money goes.....Always best to get your financing approved before you got to the dealer
This! And always do it through a Credit Union if you have the availabilty.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #90
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
1) $29,650 "out the door" is not a "bad" deal... price plus tax, title, reg., and whatnot? She did do bad on price for a brand new Camaro, especially in SOUTHERN California.-------------2) Yep, sorry, all car dealerships are sexist, and 99% of salespeople are sexist. They want to squeeze the maximum number of dollars out of you, and when they see an inexperienced female purchasing, they will try ANYTHING to rip her off. They are hesitant to try this on said 6'6" 310 lb. dudes, because human nature makes them physically afraid of what he will do. It's sad to say, but unless you are a solid shooter with lots of experience in car buying, you MUST take somebody with you who IS experienced... and he must be 6'6" and a minimum of 200 lbs.!-------------3) When negotiating, one of the "mind games" that you have to play is to let them think that you are not emotionally attached to the car... you could walk away, no big whoop. It's a LITTLE late for that, but, now they are playing games with you, so you have another chance: Tell them, "Fine... here's your stupid Camaro back... now give me my trade- in and my money." If they've already sold your trade- in to an auction company (very likely), then they'll be in a bind. Or, they will realize that they are going to lose a paying customer who will return a car with a few hundred miles on it, and will "figure out" a way to work with you. The trick is, no matter how in love with the car you really are, you MUST act like you couldn't care less whether you keep THIS Camaro, or you go get a Camaro from somebody else (I promise you, you WILL get a Camaro somewhere... just be patient, work on your acting skills... and don't forget to bring your big, mean, male friend!)-----------4) This trick they are pulling on you is done all the time, and does appear to be legal. Yep, it's damn close to extortion, but this dealership is what gives dealerships the stereotype of being lying, dishonest, dirtbags trying to rip people off. Best revenge is to not give them your money, and spread the word to ALL who will listen that XXXXX's dealership tries to steal money from decent people. Talk your friends out of going there.

Last edited by Scalded Dog; 08-28-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #91
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
I usually do some shopping around before I buy a car. Not sure how many Chevy dealers are close to you. Use the Internet and see what some dealers around you are selling the same car for. You may be surprised to find the same car or a slightly better one cheaper. If you find it cheaper give them the option of matching the price or go ahead and take it back if they won't.

You could also ask them to look for a financial institution that will match the original rate. GM is able to make deals with Ally bank, they may be able to get the same or better deal with them. Then down the road you may be able to get your credit union to take over the loan at a cheaper rate. I would call the credit union myself and explain the situation. We are only talking about $650.00 here. They may not want to lose the loan over that small amount.

You can look at your contract and see if their is a loophole that states " subject to approval " on your finance rate. If their isn't any loophole then someone has to eat the $650.00 and it shouldn't be you. So take a close look at what you signed. When I bought my Camaro in may I took the time to read everything because in the past I payed added charges that the dealer added in.

I am 50 years old now and have been buying new cars since I was 18 and I have learned to never leave the dealer without the final deal signed in my hand. I am not saying they are all trying to rip people off, but some dealers like to hide extra charges in places that void any money they may have given you off the msrp or for your trade in.

If you are really happy with that car and can't get the dealer to drop the $650.00. Can you raise the $650.00 in a few weeks?? Sometimes a dealer will take a check and hold it a few weeks. I had a dealer do that when I was younger once, when I didn't have the full amount I needed for a down payment .

You did a really great job by going into the dealer pre approved for 24k and putting a down payment of 3k and getting 2k for your trade. The dealer should honor the contract. You told them that is what you had to work with and they worked the deal out. They should budge on their profit because really in the end it's their fault. You laid your hand on the table and they took it. For someone buying their first car you did a great job being prepared, so props to you. It's a shame you went to a greedy dealer for your first sale. Most dealers wouldn't have asked for the $650.00 at the price you paid for your car. They would have told you about it and said thy worked it out.

They do want repeat customers like you. My car just arrived at the dealer the day before I bought it. They hadn't put the invoice in the car window yet. They added tinted windows, spare tire kit, carpets, gill stripes and a few other extras. I was preapproved and already knew what I would be willing to pay for my car. I gave them my price, they said yes, I signed all the paperwork, they took my large cash down payment, and I drove my xterra home to pick my son up at the bus stop while they detailed my car.

My Mom drove me back to the dealer after 5 pm to pick up my car. The finance manager had my keys and I had to go see him before I took my car home. I thought it was odd, I had to go see him, since I already finished the transaction and paperwork. He tells me they didn't add the extras in on my car before they accepted my offer. He then handed me my keys and said " thanks for being a repeat customer, he looks forward to doing business wit me again when I trade my wife's HHR in on a Volt" he said the extras were a gift and they already paid for the rally stripes as well if I wanted them to put them on, I could come back tomorrow.

They could have easily said they goofed and i needed to give them $600 something more but they didn't. Plus before I signed, I made sure I had a final contract with no loopholes. Your dealer should do the same since you went in and laid out how much you could spend.

Last edited by Grey Ghost; 08-28-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: iPad spelling errors
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #92
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaMangum View Post
29,650 for the base LT out the door....they told me the invoice was 27,300.
Take the car back and go find a better deal. My 1LT/RS with options was $28,095 sticker and I paid $26,500.

And I'm not gonna touch the comments about women not being able to buy cars or whatever with a ten foot pole-- except to say that I went alone every time I have purchased a car, and I have friends who come to me and ask me to accompany them because I'm a shrewd negotiator and always pay bottom dollar.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #93
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Take the car back and go find a better deal. My 1LT/RS with options was $28,095 sticker and I paid $26,500.

And I'm not gonna touch the comments about women not being able to buy cars or whatever with a ten foot pole-- except to say that I went alone every time I have purchased a car, and I have friends who come to me and ask me to accompany them because I'm a shrewd negotiator and always pay bottom dollar.
Let's not forget your car also had hail damage that was repaired prior and after the sale. Also was your $26.5 OTD?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #94
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmink View Post
REALLY!

Nobody is saying that a female is not capable... most (including me) are saying that Dealers are going to take far more liberty in trying to rip of a female, just as the vast majority of auto mechanics will do. They could make my mom pay $500 for a refurbished 18- volt Fetzer Valve, but if they tried that with me, there's going to be a different ending to the story. Dealerships every unfair disadvantage they think they can identify, and, unfortunately, many are sexist. They will also do everything they can to rip off elderly people (they SCREWED my grandfather), or even males who have that blank and clueless look on their face (that was me a few years ago... damn they got me good. I'm still pissed).
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #95
STW

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3
They are giving you an opportunity to go out and get the deal you deserve. Go for 24K out the door. Take 2.
STW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #96
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Let's not forget your car also had hail damage that was repaired prior and after the sale. Also was your $26.5 OTD?
Yes, $26,500 out the door and there was NO discount for the hail damage. I tried. They said they had too much money into the repair-- and I believe them, because a new hood and trunk lid are expensive, as is paint and PDR.

Mine was also not a completely base car, either.

She didn't get THAT bad of a deal, really, but if they're trying to screw her like that, if I was her I'd go get my car back and go elsewhere. OP, I'm sorry you're dealing with this. There's some good advice here.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #97
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Yes, $26,500 out the door and there was NO discount for the hail damage. I tried. They said they had too much money into the repair-- and I believe them, because a new hood and trunk lid are expensive, as is paint and PDR.

Mine was also not a completely base car, either.

She didn't get THAT bad of a deal, really, but if they're trying to screw her like that, if I was her I'd go get my car back and go elsewhere.
The other big this to take into account is the timing of your purchase. You purchased (like I did), close to the 12’s being released (so yearend) this is a 13 and these just started hitting lots (as I know you know)

Again IMO, the OP did not get ripped off on the purchase price.

I do agree thet are now trying to screw her.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #98
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
The other big this to take into account is the timing of your purchase. You purchased (like I did), close to the 12’s being released (so yearend) this is a 13 and these just started hitting lots (as I know you know)

Again IMO, the OP did not get ripped off.
That's true. They'd been sitting on my car for some time.

She could have gotten a better deal, but she didn't get absolutely hosed. However, they are DEFINITELY trying to rip her off now!