Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
Hired Gun
Wild Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I need help LOL

I have a 2010 L99. I want to add LT headers. I have the GMPP axel back right now, with everything else being stock. I want to keep the GMPP axel back to save money.

What do I need to hook up to this? I like loud or rumble, but not to the point that I can not talk to the passengers in the car, or use my hands free phone. Guess I am just getting too old lol.

What header? They do not have to be coated.

What else do I need to go from the Header back to the GMPP?

A muffler person here said to delete the cats, and resonators along with headers..... straight pipe them to save major money, but never really said a thing on how loud it may be. The tune will be easy, I am going to go to Janetty for that.

Any help and advice will be appreciated. I have listened to sound clips but that is a hard thing to judge. Give me personal experiences.
2010 Camaro Black with White Stripes, Jannetty Racing Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, Long Tube Headers, GMPP Axel Back, Emblem Pros Custom "VOODOO" Under hood Bow tie, Chrome Gill Inserts, HUD plate, Sparks Performance White SS front and rear Plate MPD-1 Spoiler
Hired Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
ok LT headers with factory exhaust and muffler delete and no cats will sound like this.

LT headers with High flow cats and aftermarket catback will sound like this.

I hope this helps
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
MileMAN402
RIP JoePa

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2001 Audi S4
If you are worried about sound, I would recommend starting with LT's with high flow cats and keep the stock h-pipe. That way if you want to go louder you can add a x-pipe later.

As for brand, that can be debated for days....it really comes down to your price range and preference. I went with LG and they are great.

PM some vendors for pricing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCowboy View Post
ok LT headers with factory exhaust and muffler delete and no cats will sound like this.

LT headers with High flow cats and aftermarket catback will sound like this.

I hope this helps
One also has a cat back and the other has a muffler delete so it isn't exactly apples to apples. You will save some money with off road pipe rather than high flow cats but if anyone ever checked you will not be "street legal" and your exhaust is going to stink. It will be louder without cats as well. I'll shoot you some numbers so you have a better idea.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
kook

Drives: 2010 2SS Yellow
Call ted at janetty if you are going to him anyway.
Magnaflow Street Cat-Back
DOD Delete
Forgestar F-14's and Pedders XA + PKG
Custom grind cam from Cincy Speed
ADM dual fuel pump
ADM AF/Boost gauges
FTI 3200 convertor
Hurst shifter
Cincy Speed Build and Tune 540rwhp
kook is offline   Reply With Quote