Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
dougmac

Drives: 2011 V6 MCA & 1969 GT Mustang
Found Specs for 2LT Factory 19" Tires ...

... and Optional 19" Polished (Q9B) wheel option for 1LT & 2LT.

Well, maybe I should say I think I found it ...

Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season, which is a "Z" Speed Rated Ultra High Performance A/S.

http://www.us.pirelli.com/web/catalo...ero_All_Season

On cars.com they show the 19" being a "T" Speed rated "Touring" tire ... however the Camaro build web site states ONLY cars with the 18" tires are speed limited to 118 MPH ("T" speed rating), cars with the 19,20,&21" are all 155 MPH speed limited. Which are we to believe as fact ?? I'd say Chevy !!

I had also heard somewhere on this forum that the 19" tires were Pirelli A/S and the the 18" were BFG Traction T/A A/S.

All this got me searching the Pirelli web site and the tire I found (above) is the only "Z" rated A/S listed, so it has got to be what Chevy is using.

I was in a predicament, as I really don't want "Touring" tires rated for only 118 MPH on a sporty car so I thought I would be forced to go with the RS package just to get some decent performance rubber. But I want to be able to rotate my tires, so the Staggered F & R on the 20" are not anything I really want ... although I DO want the HID lights !!

Anyone know how to paste the 2 pages from the Pirelli link into this thread please feel free to do so, THANKS !!

Doug
dougmac is offline   Reply With Quote