Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-05-2009, 03:15 AM   #1
tanabarley

Drives: 2SS/RS VICTIORY RED 20"POLISH
should leave my guns at home when in my Maro.

on our way back from the grand canyon we stopped in at a gas station and parked (empty spaces on both sides)so my husband could run in and go to the bathroom. Next thing I know a car pulls in to close and before I could get the window down to say anything this lady smacks the crap out of my car with her door. My husband alway lays the gun in my lap when Im left alone in the car. well anger ran strait through me and next thing I know the gun is in my hand, well I quickly wrapped it in a towel and put it in the floor, before i got out of the car. but it really scared me to know I could get that angry over this. Im glad the lady didn't see me holding the gun. it could have got bad really quick. yes, I still made a big deal about the ding and scratch on my car and she is covering the damage but Im not going to jail. I did imagin myself takeing her by the neck and squezzzzing really hard. Does this make me crazy? No just hate stupid people.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:21 AM   #2
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2
natural reaction not crazy !
lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:31 AM   #3
tanabarley

Drives: 2SS/RS VICTIORY RED 20"POLISH
this was a reaction to my car getting hurt. I would hate to see what I would do if my kids got hurt.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:37 AM   #4
JTinFL

Drives: Fast ones
Just be careful, you can get in a lot of trouble for things like that depending on the state you are in. Florida has really strict gun laws.

I know how mad I have gotten while sitting in my car and someone hitting it with their car so I know how you felt. Maybe a good ole ass whooping would keep her from doing it again.
JTinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:14 AM   #5
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
I think you already answered that question with your title. I don't think there is any reason to pull a gun on someone over a door ding. I suppose if it was deliberate and you felt things were going to escalate, that might be a more justified reason.

I understand getting mad, and getting angry but if you can't control it, or fear you may do this again, I'd suggest leaving it at home.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:51 AM   #6
coolman

you should have pistol whipped her dumb ass.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:53 AM   #7
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanabarley View Post
on our way back from the grand canyon we stopped in at a gas station and parked (empty spaces on both sides)so my husband could run in and go to the bathroom. Next thing I know a car pulls in to close and before I could get the window down to say anything this lady smacks the crap out of my car with her door. My husband alway lays the gun in my lap when Im left alone in the car. well anger ran strait through me and next thing I know the gun is in my hand, well I quickly wrapped it in a towel and put it in the floor, before i got out of the car. but it really scared me to know I could get that angry over this. Im glad the lady didn't see me holding the gun. it could have got bad really quick. yes, I still made a big deal about the ding and scratch on my car and she is covering the damage but Im not going to jail. I did imagin myself takeing her by the neck and squezzzzing really hard. Does this make me crazy? No just hate stupid people.
OK... I'm never going to Central Arkansas.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:54 AM   #8
Looney Tunes

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM auto
No, I wouldn't leave them at home...just make sure you control when you use it. In a car like this, you could be more of a target for car jacking..."be prepared"
Looney Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:59 AM   #9
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Ironically if you were still in Arizona, if they haven't changed the gun laws there since I lived there, you broke to law when you wrapped the gun in a towel and concealed it. It is (was?) legal to carry a firearm in Az. without a license as long as it is visible and not concealed. If it is in your car with you it must be visible, not under the seat or in the glove box. To carry it concealed requires a permit/license.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:10 AM   #10
monza66mo
Driving daily

Drives: '17 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
you broke to law when you wrapped the gun in a towel and concealed it.
Nonsense! Safeguarding the pistol would not be the same as concealing it. Tanabarley did the right thing and any cop with reasonable thinking would agree. Anyone else would look like a fool in court.

Always keep your gun with you where it's legal to do so. The only useless guns are those left behind when you need them.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:12 AM   #11
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
I carry a 45 Glock on me at all times however I will say I wouldnt pull it on anyone unless I was forced to as in someone came to mess with me at a street light trying to take my car or harm "ME" in any way.

Pulling a Gun on someone is a BIG thing. Becareful. I wouldnt pull a Gun on anyone for denting my car I would just jump there A$$ and pull my temper out lol
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:18 AM   #12
coolman

My partner carries a 9sig and he walks around like he's Clint Eastwood. We work in some bad areas late at night. He keeps saying "well, I just show them my nine". I told him if you show it , you better be fully prepaired to use it.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #13
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Just remember if you ever pull it you better use it, don't use it as a scare tactic because you might get surprised.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:25 AM   #14
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
Just remember if you ever pull it you better use it, don't use it as a scare tactic because you might get surprised.
I tell him that all the time. He acts like it's a toy. I try to tell him someday you'll meet someone that has one too and won't think twice about using it.