Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #99
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black 6.2L SS View Post
So I’ve been reading this thread and looking at the pics. (Damn you guys have some nice looking cars)!

My black 2014 SS still has the stock RS “midnight silver” rims and no other appearance mods yet. Reading/seeing all of this is making me more undecided now! Since I haven’t touched the car yet I have a clean slate to begin.

Chrome wheel guys - is it tough to keep clean? I like the chrome wheels with the black muscle appearance but I’m not looking for more upkeep.

Black 1LE rims look awesome with the complete GM package (hood, spoiler, red brakes, splitter). I could slowly add those parts.

At the risk of getting 100 different opinions, is there any consensus about which way to go on a black 2014 SS? Bronze? Gunmetal? Stay factory? ....Geez I’m aweful at this!
Its really up to you in the end. Do some Google searching and look over a lot of pics. See what you like and go for it.

I can tell you why I stayed away from chrome. Chrome over aluminum always pitts. It is inevitable. After it does so you cannot fix it. They are garbage and only good for recycle. If anything happens to a painted wheel you can repaint it. Easy peasy.

Just my .02 cents

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2019, 10:25 AM   #100
jprodun1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Full black looks awesome in my opinion, but as previously mentioned, it’s all up to you.

To me, gunmetal on black would probably be the choice.

I have cyber gray 2010 and on the lookout for some wheels as well. Gloss black for my application.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jprodun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:52 PM   #101
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
I have chrome and they are very easy to clean. Ive had them for 8 yrs. Black wheels are hard to keep clean just like black cars. But in the end it’s up to you on which way to go. Also if you haven’t already changed your brakes pads the stock ones create an unbelievable amount of brake dust.
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:57 AM   #102
driftxtz

Drives: Synergy Green 2010 , 1969 Camaro RS
Camaros make any color rims look good period. Any choice you make is good.
driftxtz is offline   Reply With Quote