Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-05-2021, 11:02 AM   #29
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Another member here has gained a good 100+ from a Maggie 2650, BG, 103, and tune on the dyno. I think he was also running non-cat'd OEM manifold, too.

There's also a video from Nickey showing almost 740 to the tires, with LTs, and a similar build to the above. Even accounting for whatever argument someone's going to make about corrections for that dyno info, that's still around 700+.

I installed my by myself (well - my 13 YO helped) and it was fun and easy. Heavy, but easy. And fit all the conditions I needed to meet. I paid about $6K for the kit, to my door. For the stupid laws I have to abide by, the HP/$ was high, but was worth it, because I couldn't make the power I wanted without it. It's easier for everyone outside of CA though.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:21 AM   #30
2018ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 NFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
With the Fore, are you careful to always keep fuel level at 50%+?

My understanding is that with the stock fuel pump housing removed you lose the surge tank and even a hard pull or high G turn on an onramp, with under 1/4 tank, could result in fuel starvation.
I havent seen that problem as of yet... When i go to the track I usually am at a 1/2 tank.
2018ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote