Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-17-2015, 06:46 PM   #1
camarose

Drives: My car is my life
Thumbs up 2016 Chevrolet Volt, the Hybrid with 50 Mile-Range and 41 MPG

This week, Detroit Auto Show revealed 2016 Chevrolet Volt after some technical briefing in October before. This is a car with new design that build from previous Volt and of course the automaker also fix some parts to make it better and get rid its flaws. 2016 Volt is the second generation of extended electric car by Chevrolet. Of course everyone now is curious enough about what kind of performance which going to be shown by this plug-in hybrid car which gives 50 miles range and we need to tell you that this range is the longest range of any plug-in hybrid. Well, even though it still cannot beat BMW i3 electric car with its 72 miles.

Front

Side

See the Exterior Design of Chevrolet Volt Hybrid

We need to discuss the exterior design of Chevrolet Volt 2016 which interestingly using the same language of Impala large sedan and Corvette sports car. The designer of Chevy said that the new design is remove the slab-sided look from the predecessor and then replace it with sculpted body sides. You are going to see a visible sporty and sleek design plus it seems the exterior look more mainstream than before. There is no news regarding its trims yet, so we still need to wait until the car is released. For now, the outside still carries the same 5-door hatchback, however it tauter and lower than the on-going car.

Move to the Chevrolet Volt inside and See the Cabin

Inside 2016 Chevrolet Volt, there is enough room for five adult passengers with new five seats (before, Volt has only 4 seats, anyway); passenger can sit in the middle of rear area for now, however your legs may get disturbed a bit because there is a battery pack on the central tunnel and too bad there is no head rest. Overall, the interior design is more convenience than the old Volt, although it still has the same central display screen plus instrument cluster display. There is some part which removed from the previous Volt and that is capacitive touch switches with glossy plastic console. Fortunately, the maker decided to replace it with AC and heating knobs. In addition, there is heated and cooled steering wheel as well as front seats as well.

There is New Powerful Engine for Chevrolet Volt 2016

Two great things come from the Volt: 50-mile range plus higher fuel efficiency and 41 MPG as the EPA rating (combined). In addition, there are total driving range up to 400 miles and 1,000 miles of fill gas average. If you combine these numbers and we can get 30, 41, 400, and 1,000. The new Volt has 2-motor drive unit which lighter and 18.4-kWh lithium battery. This is such an improvement since 2015 Chevrolet Volt only equipped with 17.1-kWh battery. Overall, the new car has total power of 149 horsepower with 294 lb-ft of torque which comes from the motors that produce 111 kilowatts. We do not need to mention that there is range extender with 1.5 L 4-cylinder engine which deliver 101 hp at 5600 rpm, but no battery though.

Released Date and Prices of Chevrolet Volt 2016

The released date of new Volt is predicted around second half of 2015 to enter the dealers. However, there still no official news regarding the starting price, so if the last Volt decided to offered with base price of 35,000 Dollars, maybe the new 2016 Chevrolet Volt price will be higher than that, but not too much or still around that number.

Reference and images

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevy_volt
http://www.latestnewcarsmodels.com/2...t-volt-review/

Last edited by camarose; 01-18-2015 at 01:00 AM.
camarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:15 PM   #2
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
That looks nothing like the Volt they showed at the Detroit auto show. The front end of that looks like a focus.
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2015, 07:25 PM   #3
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Isn't that the Asian version of the Cruze?
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:30 PM   #4
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Yep! And an interior pic from the current Volt. The fail is strong with this one.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #5
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
LOL @ this thread.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:18 PM   #6
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
aside from the massive fail with the pictures not even being of the vehicle you are talking about and the interior shot being of the GEN 1 Volt,

I must laugh and fall off my chair at this:

Quote:
Well, even though it still cannot beat BMW i3 electric car with its 72 miles.
The i3 is an electric vehicle, not a hybrid.. and while you can buy the range extender for it, it is not technically a hybrid, even with the range extender, it has a maximum range of 150 miles.

the gas generator in the i3 is not connected to the electric motor like the volt, or connected to the driveline like a prius, it is simply a 2 cylinder gas generator that recharges the batteries and has a fuel tank size of 2.4 gallons..

the i3 is nothing more than a Nissan Leaf with a built-in gas generator.. IT IS NOT A HYBRID.

A Hybrid is defined as a Gas/Electric vehicle where the gas motor assists the electric motor in driving the vehicle.

oh yeah and knowing 2 people that own i3's the actual real world range is like 63 miles.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:45 PM   #7
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Kill this thread with fire.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:08 PM   #8
camarose

Sorry with my fault, i will update this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
aside from the massive fail with the pictures not even being of the vehicle you are talking about and the interior shot being of the GEN 1 Volt,

I must laugh and fall off my chair at this:

The i3 is an electric vehicle, not a hybrid.. and while you can buy the range extender for it, it is not technically a hybrid, even with the range extender, it has a maximum range of 150 miles.

the gas generator in the i3 is not connected to the electric motor like the volt, or connected to the driveline like a prius, it is simply a 2 cylinder gas generator that recharges the batteries and has a fuel tank size of 2.4 gallons..

the i3 is nothing more than a Nissan Leaf with a built-in gas generator.. IT IS NOT A HYBRID.

A Hybrid is defined as a Gas/Electric vehicle where the gas motor assists the electric motor in driving the vehicle.

oh yeah and knowing 2 people that own i3's the actual real world range is like 63 miles.
Thanks for that useful information.

Last edited by camarose; 01-17-2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:51 PM   #9
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
What the hell is the purpose of this?
Old 01-18-2015, 12:01 AM   #10
camarose

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
What the hell is the purpose of this?
Sorry, I want to share information. But before, I do it without proper research so I put wrong pic
Old 01-18-2015, 12:29 AM   #11
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
You still have a 1st gen Volt up there...
Old 01-18-2015, 12:43 AM   #12
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarose View Post
Sorry with my fault, i will update this thread.

Thanks for that useful information.

thanks for updating your post. you still have a Gen1 Volt in the post though..

Tags
2016 car, chevrolet volt, sedan