Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2018, 07:17 PM   #1
camarodude87
 
camarodude87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 SOM SS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 183
Sold my ZL1 to get back into a Fbody

Hey everyone,

I sold my 14 Summit White ZL1 to get back into a beloved 4th gen. I had to have my old car back. I bought myself another SOM SS Camaro. 6 speed, all stock at this point. Car currently has 22,503 Miles on her. T-Top car with Ebony interior. Picked her up from New York state. Drove about 20 hrs straight. Definitely miss how the ZL1 drove. Here are some pics. Enjoy.
Attached Images
   
__________________
2002 SOM SS - All Stock
90 Camaro - 3.1 V6 SOLD
83 Camaro - H/C/I 355 SBC SOLD
92 Camaro - Paxton supercharged 355 5 speed - SOLD
02 SOM Camaro-H/C/I, Moser 9, Stage 2 T56 - SOLD
1969 Camaro 6.0 LQ9 4L60E- SOLD
2014 ZL1-SOLD
camarodude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:12 PM   #2
witenite

 
witenite's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,208
I've always liked the 4th gen SS and love that color. Looks like a good find.
__________________
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:25 PM   #3
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!
 
PDXSSCE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: ORegon
Posts: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarodude87 View Post
Hey everyone,

I sold my 14 Summit White ZL1 to get back into a beloved 4th gen. I had to have my old car back. I bought myself another SOM SS Camaro. 6 speed, all stock at this point. Car currently has 22,503 Miles on her. T-Top car with Ebony interior. Picked her up from New York state. Drove about 20 hrs straight. Definitely miss how the ZL1 drove. Here are some pics. Enjoy.
I wouldn't modify it.
__________________
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:26 AM   #4
AJensen383
 
AJensen383's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014-ZL1-M6-CRT, 68 camaro SS 496
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: N.E. Pennsylvania
Posts: 245
Love that SOM color, one of the best Gm came out with IMO... What made you decide to sell the Z and get another 4th gen??.. What do you like better about the 4th gen over the 5th ZL1?
__________________
2014- Crystal Red-ZL1 #1601, M6, Recaro, sunroof, Nav-stock
1968 Camaro SS- 555 BBC, TH400, Dana60, 10.10@134
1968 Camaro SS Clone- 496 BBC, Legend 5speed, 12 bolt
1970 Nova SS- 383 SBC 588hp, 200-4r, 12 bolt

AJensen383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:01 AM   #5
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah
 
SSEssence's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS RS SIM
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Buena Park, CA.
Posts: 2,207
Love the SOM, great looking car!
__________________
2014 SS - L99 1SS/RS - "AleSSandra"
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:11 AM   #6
Juiced1

 
Juiced1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Charles, IL
Posts: 29,456
Great car, that's a rare find these days being all stock.
__________________
GET MORE POWER PER DOLLAR!!!
We carry and install all the hottest brands for your Camaro! Get awesome deals on Corsa, Borla, Solo, ARH, SW, Whipple, Kooks, Procharger, Vararam, CAI, Roto-Fab, Texas Speed, ATI, ACS and much more! Call us for your CAMARO5/CAMARO6 Forum discount today! 224-63-JUICE
1820 PRODUCTION DR STE D ST CHARLES IL 60174
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:55 PM   #7
camarodude87
 
camarodude87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 SOM SS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJensen383 View Post
Love that SOM color, one of the best Gm came out with IMO... What made you decide to sell the Z and get another 4th gen??.. What do you like better about the 4th gen over the 5th ZL1?
I agree the best color GM made. For me it was a few things. I didn't want to have a monthly payment of 500 dollars, Plus my insurance doubled when I insured the ZL1. It was hard to fall in love with my ZL1 I wanted to but I missed my old 4th gen. I miss the way the car drove but thats about it. That Tr6060 is butter smooth compared to this T56.
__________________
2002 SOM SS - All Stock
90 Camaro - 3.1 V6 SOLD
83 Camaro - H/C/I 355 SBC SOLD
92 Camaro - Paxton supercharged 355 5 speed - SOLD
02 SOM Camaro-H/C/I, Moser 9, Stage 2 T56 - SOLD
1969 Camaro 6.0 LQ9 4L60E- SOLD
2014 ZL1-SOLD
camarodude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:56 PM   #8
camarodude87
 
camarodude87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 SOM SS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
Great car, that's a rare find these days being all stock.
I was surprised to find it as well. I didn't even haggle the price at all. I got an amazing deal on it.
__________________
2002 SOM SS - All Stock
90 Camaro - 3.1 V6 SOLD
83 Camaro - H/C/I 355 SBC SOLD
92 Camaro - Paxton supercharged 355 5 speed - SOLD
02 SOM Camaro-H/C/I, Moser 9, Stage 2 T56 - SOLD
1969 Camaro 6.0 LQ9 4L60E- SOLD
2014 ZL1-SOLD
camarodude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:08 AM   #9
96SS390
 
Drives: 2006 BOM GTO
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chippewa Pa
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarodude87 View Post
I was surprised to find it as well. I didn't even haggle the price at all. I got an amazing deal on it.
^This. What a steal. It actually made the homepage of LS1Tech on August 6th which was nice to see a sale made through that forum. Glad that you finally found one (i.e. even though it didn't take that long) and can't wait to see what you do to it. I think some CCW wheels would look great and wouldn't be adverse to seeing another H/C/I setup.

As far as nicest GM color I have to still stick with Brazen Orange Metallic though . But I am not saying that SOM does line up with Atomic or Daytona Sunset or orange blast metallic.
96SS390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:24 AM   #10
CamaroFan63
Sullie63
 
CamaroFan63's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 1LT Summit White
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Gateway to the West
Posts: 306
Congrats she is a beauty !!!
__________________
Auto/19's/Boston Acoustic speakers/Spare Tire
Born 10/28/14 Adopted 04/09/18 with 17,491.xx miles
Oracle clear side markers / LLmar tint sides and rear.
Strut bar / Husky Floor liners
Member of SICC. Southern Illinois Camaro Club
CamaroFan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:24 PM   #11
camarodude87
 
camarodude87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 SOM SS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 183
Well last night I decided to swap out the front grill. The old one had a License plate bracket riveted to it. I swapped it out with a GM grill without the bracket. Everyone on tech said just to pull really hard on it. Yeah, I refuse to do that and do it the proper way. No trap door mod on this car lol.

I also plan on installing my SLP skip shift eliminator today.

Future plans are to Change the oil, brake fluid flush, Radiator flush, Trans and rear diff fluid flush.
Attached Images
    
__________________
2002 SOM SS - All Stock
90 Camaro - 3.1 V6 SOLD
83 Camaro - H/C/I 355 SBC SOLD
92 Camaro - Paxton supercharged 355 5 speed - SOLD
02 SOM Camaro-H/C/I, Moser 9, Stage 2 T56 - SOLD
1969 Camaro 6.0 LQ9 4L60E- SOLD
2014 ZL1-SOLD
camarodude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:30 PM   #12
camarodude87
 
camarodude87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 SOM SS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96SS390 View Post
^This. What a steal. It actually made the homepage of LS1Tech on August 6th which was nice to see a sale made through that forum. Glad that you finally found one (i.e. even though it didn't take that long) and can't wait to see what you do to it. I think some CCW wheels would look great and wouldn't be adverse to seeing another H/C/I setup.

As far as nicest GM color I have to still stick with Brazen Orange Metallic though . But I am not saying that SOM does line up with Atomic or Daytona Sunset or orange blast metallic.
What up Bandit. Yeah it did not take long at all. I just got really lucky. I was thinking a set of Fikse FM5's. Yeah this car will stay stock. Only real plan I have it wheels and some small suspension parts like UMI SFC and UMI STB.
__________________
2002 SOM SS - All Stock
90 Camaro - 3.1 V6 SOLD
83 Camaro - H/C/I 355 SBC SOLD
92 Camaro - Paxton supercharged 355 5 speed - SOLD
02 SOM Camaro-H/C/I, Moser 9, Stage 2 T56 - SOLD
1969 Camaro 6.0 LQ9 4L60E- SOLD
2014 ZL1-SOLD
camarodude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:31 PM   #13
camarodude87
 
camarodude87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 SOM SS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFan63 View Post
Congrats she is a beauty !!!
Thank you!
__________________
2002 SOM SS - All Stock
90 Camaro - 3.1 V6 SOLD
83 Camaro - H/C/I 355 SBC SOLD
92 Camaro - Paxton supercharged 355 5 speed - SOLD
02 SOM Camaro-H/C/I, Moser 9, Stage 2 T56 - SOLD
1969 Camaro 6.0 LQ9 4L60E- SOLD
2014 ZL1-SOLD
camarodude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:37 PM   #14
jrob56
 
jrob56's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ 4wd 5.3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarodude87 View Post
Well last night I decided to swap out the front grill. The old one had a License plate bracket riveted to it. I swapped it out with a GM grill without the bracket. Everyone on tech said just to pull really hard on it. Yeah, I refuse to do that and do it the proper way. No trap door mod on this car lol.

I also plan on installing my SLP skip shift eliminator today.

Future plans are to Change the oil, brake fluid flush, Radiator flush, Trans and rear diff fluid flush.
Looks much better, the pull hard method does work though for removal. When putting it back on though I believe it has clips that cover would have had to be off to put back. Ive always just removed it and run it like that, think it looks better no grille if its not the SLP one.

Beautiful car and great find. Ive had a lot of 4th gens and want to try something different, but for cheap performance hard to beat.
__________________
2014 Silverado LTZ 5.3

Sold:
95 Taurus SE
00 Z28 A4
06 TBSS
06 GTO M6
02 F150
01 B4C A4
05 GTO M6
02 Z28 M6
jrob56 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.