Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-05-2019, 11:43 PM   #85
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo14SS View Post
Got around to installing mine.

Have to say, that Delay may be a bit long, but they look soo much better than Stock!

Will just have to do what I can to give people behind me enough time to stop.
Looks great!!!
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:35 PM   #86
Domo14SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
Looks great!!!
Thank you my man.
Domo14SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:08 AM   #87
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
If you break down at the side of the road or worse, do you have any reflective material at the back that light up if your car isn’t running? I’m thinking that’s what the stick ons are for? Medical bills are expensive. A replacement car is expensive. They are going to try to come after you when they swear up and down they didn’t see you, they are going to look at your car closer. For a fender bender, they won’t look too hard but if people are hurt, good luck. People need to rethink these lights. It’s just one design issue after another. I’m all for a cool looking car but not at the expense of possibly hurting others in the process.
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:40 AM   #88
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level300 View Post
If you break down at the side of the road or worse, do you have any reflective material at the back that light up if your car isn’t running? I’m thinking that’s what the stick ons are for? Medical bills are expensive. A replacement car is expensive. They are going to try to come after you when they swear up and down they didn’t see you, they are going to look at your car closer. For a fender bender, they won’t look too hard but if people are hurt, good luck. People need to rethink these lights. It’s just one design issue after another. I’m all for a cool looking car but not at the expense of possibly hurting others in the process.

There's this cool feature in our cars called "hazards" that flashes bright lights in the front and rear to warn other drivers. If you're driving around late at night on a dark road with a poorly running car and/or a weak battery that can't even power up your flashers, you have bigger issues than tail lights without reflectors. lol For the record, that has never happened to me or anyone that I know of in my 25 years of driving and if it did I can assure you that my car would not be there for long. If anyone is worried about your highly unlikely scenario unfolding, they could just keep those included reflectors in the glovebox and slap them on when the Carmageddon unfolds.

Last edited by J Rod; 02-07-2019 at 06:56 AM.
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:27 AM   #89
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post

There's this cool feature in our cars called "hazards" that flashes bright lights in the front and rear to warn other drivers. If you're driving around late at night on a dark road with a poorly running car and/or a weak battery that can't even power up your flashers, you have bigger issues than tail lights without reflectors. lol For the record, that has never happened to me or anyone that I know of in my 25 years of driving and if it did I can assure you that my car would not be there for long. If anyone is worried about your highly unlikely scenario unfolding, they could just keep those included reflectors in the glovebox and slap them on when the Carmageddon unfolds.
Yep. I get it. I use my hazards all the time.

I'm a worst case scenario kind of guy. So I was thinking of some sort of electrical/computer issue where your car dies. My god, the whole car goes crazy if it's not getting the proper volts from a (weak) battery. I can't image what a short does to the electrical system.
I personally broke down plenty of times over the years but I always had power to run the 4 ways (thankfully) so I'm not dismissing your experience at all. While you are probably statistically correct based on your and MY experience, there is still a small possibility that it can happen. All I'm trying to do is to make people realize that they sent those reflectors for a reason. It's good that you're prepared and have them on hand. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade.
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:11 AM   #90
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
That delay is horrible. I would not purchase these. I don't like the delay and I don't like that the actual brake light and turn signal are the leds at the top. Add in the fact that you lose the reflectors in the lights and have to stick those awful plastic reflectors on the bumper...no thanks. Cheap and incredibly unsafe imo.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:17 AM   #91
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
That delay is horrible. I would not purchase these. I don't like the delay and I don't like that the actual brake light and turn signal are the leds at the top. Add in the fact that you lose the reflectors in the lights and have to stick those awful plastic reflectors on the bumper...no thanks. Cheap and incredibly unsafe imo.
Agreed

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2019, 11:45 AM   #92
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level300 View Post
Yep. I get it. I use my hazards all the time.

I'm a worst case scenario kind of guy. So I was thinking of some sort of electrical/computer issue where your car dies. My god, the whole car goes crazy if it's not getting the proper volts from a (weak) battery. I can't image what a short does to the electrical system.
I personally broke down plenty of times over the years but I always had power to run the 4 ways (thankfully) so I'm not dismissing your experience at all. While you are probably statistically correct based on your and MY experience, there is still a small possibility that it can happen. All I'm trying to do is to make people realize that they sent those reflectors for a reason. It's good that you're prepared and have them on hand. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade.
Well I probably just jinxed myself now. If I break down on the side of a dark road with an electrical issue and my rear bumper gets tagged, I'm coming for you!
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:08 PM   #93
Domo14SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I can agree with that, as a person who has them.
I haven't driven with them installed yet since I'm in Sub-Zero Chicago, but I would hope that they'd at least acknowledge the fact that we shouldn't have to tap into our 3rd break wire to make the product work correctly.

Hope they correct this design flaw soon.
Domo14SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:47 AM   #94
Ashen L99

Drives: Ashen grey, 1SS, L99
look great, the delay is pretty bad though.
Attached Images

Roto-fab CAI, Nick Williams 102mm TB, LOD X1 V3 intake manifold, GMPP LS3 heads, Night Fury cam, TSP 2” long tubes, Corsa ZL-1 catback, Nitrous Outlet 102mm plate kit/150 shot, NGK BR7EF plugs with Taylor plug wires, DSX flex fuel kit, ZL-1 fuel pump and injectors, B&M deep trans pan, Yank 3400 converter, 3.45s with BMR Delrin bushings, mishimoto 169° Thermostat, GM ground effects, T-Rex upper grill, Z/28 Spoiler, Lolly pop Lime brake calipers, ZL1 10 spoke wheels, 12” subwoofer, and custom paint matched interior.
Ashen L99 is offline   Reply With Quote