Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #85
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2010ss View Post
JR great insightful post

i am in toronto Canada area

in the past i have owned 2 87 grand nationals

so i like the turbo feel and sound

now i have a 2010 ss2 6 spd manual

i was leaning to a procharger system through the advise of a friend who works with them on many applications

i have a cousin who has an 80 vette 350ci stroked out to 383
heads done, cam

he installed an sts turbo system
8 lbs of boost he ran 10.91 with 1.72 short time on street tires

car squats hooks and goes

after reading all this i will look into turbo set up for mine

it is a daily driver...bone stock but is getting lowered 1inch with eibach springs and maybe an axle back borla s system just for extra growl

what do you recommend

gas is always 91 from shell but 94 from sunoco is also available

thanks

BOB
We have everything you need -

If you prefer I can jack up the numbers so it looks like you make tons more power than possible

And we have springs too

You will love the turbo. it is the way to go and worth every penny

Last edited by Granatelli; 06-30-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #86
sandman69

Drives: Lucille
What's the opinion on the Hellion twin turbo or Supercharched big kit Kennebell?
sandman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #87
Granatelli
Account Suspended

The opinion was go with Granatelli Twin Turbo or the Maggie TVS2300 - or both

Last edited by Granatelli; 06-30-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #88
HELLION TURBO

Drives: Twin Turbo SS

click above to view Hellion's latest offering.
HELLION TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #89
dracer98
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Hugger Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@HellionPowerSystems View Post

Just a few questions?

How does 5.5lbs of boost make 587hp and 597 ft/lbs? Assuming the stock engine made 370 rwhp - 5.5psi would produce 510hp at 100% efficiency - If you are quoting crank hp then 425 would turn into 586 - you must be quoting Eng hp not rear wheel.

7.5lbs would be 642 eng hp.

Your numbers make perfect sense and your video is a nice puff piece for Hellion. How do you tame down the compressor nice?

Can you really make 646hp with a 52lb injector? – What pump does that require?
dracer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #90
alab32

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
A turbo is not equal to a SC in power and efficiency - the Turbo is flat out better 90% of the time - It is just what it costs (not just dollars) to get there sometimes that scares people.
So what are the other costs getting there? I know that you have to worry about heat and what not but...
alab32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:33 PM   #91
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by alab32 View Post
So what are the other costs getting there? I know that you have to worry about heat and what not but...
The reference was to upgrades to the engine if you plan to go over 625 rwhp (750 crank). There is no heat to speak of with the new GMS/TTi system as the turbos are under the car and get a cooling effect as you go down the road. In fact, we are conducting a study right now that shows the stock cats at WOT for 10 seconds are already 90 degrees hotter then teh GMS/TTi turbo for the same time frame. The longer at WOT the better the turbos look.

The same can be said for long tubes with micro cats - they produce as much or more heat then the turbos do in that location. All of a sudden the turbos are look'n REAL good in a comparo to any of the systems out there

Last edited by Granatelli; 06-27-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #92
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@HellionPowerSystems View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracer98 View Post
Just a few questions?

How does 5.5lbs of boost make 587hp and 597 ft/lbs? Assuming the stock engine made 370 rwhp - 5.5psi would produce 510hp at 100% efficiency - If you are quoting crank hp then 425 would turn into 586 - you must be quoting Eng hp not rear wheel.

7.5lbs would be 642 eng hp.

Your numbers make perfect sense and your video is a nice puff piece for Hellion. How do you tame down the compressor nice?

Can you really make 646hp with a 52lb injector? – What pump does that require?
Did you ever get an answer to this?
Old 06-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #93
alab32

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
The reference was to upgrades tot he engine if you plan to go over 625 rwhp (750 crank). There is no heat to speak of witht he new GMS/TTi system as the turbos are under the car and get a cooling effect as you go down the road. In fact, we are conducting a study right now that shows the stock cats at WOT for 10 seconds are already 90 degrees hotter then teh GMS/TTi turbo for the same time frame. The longer at WOT the better the turbos look.

The same can be said for long tubes with micro cats - they produce as much or more heat then the turbos do in that location. All of a sudden the turbos are look'n REAL good in a comparo to any of the systems out there
Sweet... I didnt think heat was an issue with the lower mount but... I was trying to think of non-monetary costs that it seemed you were referring to. I would love nothing more than to buy your system right now... But it is looking like I will have to wait to closer to the end of the year if I get a contract I am looking for. Thank you for your info. You have been a huge help on this topic.

Quote:
Did you ever get an answer to this?
I was wondering that myself...
alab32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #94
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Got a 2011 5.0 Mustang last night. We had beem working on the twin turbo kit for that as well. Customer wanted car back so I had to but my own. It is no personality like the Camaro. If fact there was a black 2010 Camaro in the parking lot like 20 feet from a black 2010 Mustang. Even in a sea of Mustangs, the 1 Camaro was best in class.

Driving it home, it seemed unstable by comparison to the Camaro as well. Lets see how the 4 cammer responds to boostage. I have a feeling lbs for lbs of boost the Mustang will react better based on the split cam profiles.

As to the question posed, if I did not explain properly, a hydrid roots blower or centrifugal or whatever supercharger might seem like less money to purchase but when you factor in you need to push long tubes, a CAI and quite possibly a cam then compound the labor to do all that and the Turbo System looks cost effective.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #95
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Since this thread is stickied I will toss up our 6-speed TT results in here for reference:

663rwhp and 649 ft/lbs of torque on 8psi
581rwhp and 564 ft/lbs of torque on 5psi

Info here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91275
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #96
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Sweet! Thanks! I'll be updating as we move along.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #97
z28xtreme

Drives: #17 Pontiac G8 GT
not trying to start anything with you granatelli as you are way more intelligent on turbos than I. what i do see a problem with was you were knocking ipsjeff on his kit for making something around 650 hp at 7psi not sure if it was SAE corrected or not. wouldn't your kit make something around 640 at 7 psi putting it within 2 percent of his kit?

i only bring this up because you were knocking the validity of his numbers. with the numbers you are showing here, you either were knocking jeff's kit for no reason or you decided to bump your hp numbers up just to compete? not sure which way it is.

i know as him being a vendor he wont say anything, but i just felt i had to say something.

i will be buying one of your guys kits...wont be for another year till i get out of germany though.

just keep up the good work and make me miss the states even more...
z28xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #98
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28xtreme View Post
not trying to start anything with you granatelli as you are way more intelligent on turbos than I. what i do see a problem with was you were knocking ipsjeff on his kit for making something around 650 hp at 7psi not sure if it was SAE corrected or not. wouldn't your kit make something around 640 at 7 psi putting it within 2 percent of his kit?

i only bring this up because you were knocking the validity of his numbers. with the numbers you are showing here, you either were knocking jeff's kit for no reason or you decided to bump your hp numbers up just to compete? not sure which way it is.

i know as him being a vendor he wont say anything, but i just felt i had to say something.

i will be buying one of your guys kits...wont be for another year till i get out of germany though.

just keep up the good work and make me miss the states even more...
I was being sarcastic - sorry

We are letting our quality, fit and finish speak for itself. Our numbers are real world. But like it has been said, it is hard to compare differnet cars on different dynos on different days.

Half to STOCK dyno claims are already 30 or 40 hp higher than what we see from the dealer