Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #43
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Camaros are stunning, high impact, visually gorgeous cars. Vandals are attracted to them because they want to spoil your image and ego.
IMO, a Camaro is for pleasure use only and should be kept safely in a garage.
Drive a tan Cruze for shopping, commute and school.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #44
djxrated81

Drives: 2011 camaro SS/RS
Nope garage kept, and drive a beater to work (which is at a mall) only take it out when i know that i wont be away from it for a long time
2011 2SS/RS Airaid cai, ARH HF cats X pipe, SLP LM1, 160stat,RX Catch can, Tuned @ Tune Time Performance, side marker black outs, decepticon bowtie emblems, stealth turn sig. bulbs,Hyper White DTRL Painted GFX, Havoc Spoiler
[IMG][SIGPIC]
djxrated81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #45
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
I live and commute in one of the worst areas in the country Washington Dc Central Md Northern Va area and I never once encountered some one going out of there way to blatantly vandalize property. I dont get it maybe city folk have more respect than country / suburb folk.

That vid of the kids throwing rocks at the black camaro was amazing to me cause all of the kids in my area love to look at my car more than I do. People actually go out of there way not to park next to me and I usually dont even park in the neighborhood but when I do its normally a corner spot giving me and the only car that can park next to me enough room. There are plenty of nice cars in my neighborhood and a 10 ABM ss no body cares to mess with.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #46
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I would not kill anyone over this... I just said I may be worried... If I caught someone about to do something, I would probably be yelling and run out to the car HOPING they would run off. I wouldn't just stand there and let them do it... But if I'm not around, not much that's going to stop someone.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #47
02SS#214

Drives: 2002 Camaro NBM Hartop SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
is it as amazing as how some people are so quick and willing to injure and possibly take a human life over a car? an insured car, at that... what about as amazing as how some people here are so ready to condone and promote such action?
IMO, Just cause I pull my gun on you doesn't mean I'm trying to kill you. But If I pull a gun on you cause your breaking into my car and you make a move for a weapon.... your gonna get shot plain and simple. There is a reason why some states have open carry for guns. It's cause people will murder you for your money or your car and not think twice about it
02SS#214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #48
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02SS#214 View Post
IMO, Just cause I pull my gun on you doesn't mean I'm trying to kill you. But If I pull a gun on you cause your breaking into my car and you make a move for a weapon.... your gonna get shot plain and simple. There is a reason why some states have open carry for guns. It's cause people will murder you for your money or your car and not think twice about it
Unfortunately we just lost open carry here in Kaliforniastan.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #49
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Unfortunately we just lost open carry here in Kaliforniastan.
commifornia?
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #50
02SS#214

I'm talking of open carry on you and in your car. you couldn't do that in Cali cause you still had to keep the gun away from reaching distance and the ammo had to be locked up in a seperate area from the gun.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #51
02SS#214

Now Nv, I can have it loaded and round chambered... on me or within reach in my car
Old 06-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #52
mmartian

Drives: 2011 Camaro XM Appearance Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
I live and commute in one of the worst areas in the country Washington Dc Central Md Northern Va area and I never once encountered some one going out of there way to blatantly vandalize property. I dont get it maybe city folk have more respect than country / suburb folk.

That vid of the kids throwing rocks at the black camaro was amazing to me cause all of the kids in my area love to look at my car more than I do. People actually go out of there way not to park next to me and I usually dont even park in the neighborhood but when I do its normally a corner spot giving me and the only car that can park next to me enough room. There are plenty of nice cars in my neighborhood and a 10 ABM ss no body cares to mess with.
I had my car keyed, right in the heart of DC, I could see the capitol from point of origin. You may not see it, but its there.
mmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #53
Dooley
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Communists haven't reached Colorado yet. I WILL shoot a perp in a heartbeat. And I shoot to kill.
Dooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #54
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Camaros are stunning, high impact, visually gorgeous cars. Vandals are attracted to them because they want to spoil your image and ego.
IMO, a Camaro is for pleasure use only and should be kept safely in a garage.
Drive a tan Cruze for shopping, commute and school.
Hell.... no!!!!! Can't be arsed to drive a car I don't want to drive!! I bought my Camaro TO use to go shopping and for commuting. And yes, I call that pleasure use because I greatly enjoy every mile of driving it!

Furthermore, I'm not worried about vandals. I don't bother anybody and I get along with everyone and don't live in the ghetto. Where I live everyone knows everybody. I feel like it would be the chance of winning the lottery or getting struck by lightning.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #55
Raziel101977
2010 Transformer Edition

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Transformer Ed.
I live out in the country. There are some neighbor kids who don't respect me, my yard or my field filled with crop. They ride their 4-wheelers in the front of my yard I yell. In my field I yell and call the cops. It does no good. I keep my camaro in my parents garage not even on the same property because they have all seen the car and I don't want vanalism retaliation. It just plain sucks to live in fear like that.:(
Raziel101977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:50 AM   #56
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
I WILL shoot a perp in a heartbeat. And I shoot to kill.
And I thought the people that hold animal life in higher regard than human life were bad. This guy (liar) says he'd kill someone over scratching his car (lie). It is truly sad what humanity is coming to, but then again this is the Internet. Where everyone is the fearless, rough, tough, long arm of the law.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote