Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-30-2011, 07:12 AM   #15
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
[QUOTE=stieger;3026744]Down boy. I went through the same problems as you with my original camaro. In the end the issues got resolved, for both of us.[/QUOTE

Maby for future owners, but not me. When corporations start putting customer satisfaction over profit, issues will be resolved. I've spent my whole life supporting GM only to get spit on by them, sure everybody has a bad product from time to time, but how you handle that bad product is what counts. Hearing some dot head telling me how they can't believe I'm having all these problems, and what a beautiful car, just don't cut it! I wanted a dream car not a nightmare, I fought for almost a year trying to get the car fixed and GM wouldn't, GM finally bought it back, no sorry about the car, lets get you a good one, nothing, it was more like don't let the door hit you on the way out! If it wasn't for a family friend with power the buy back wouldn't even of happened, me and my wife's family have only bought GM cars until now, this was a completely unreal experience that GM and it's dealerships put me through and it's really sad to see how little they cared.
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:17 AM   #16
mad@gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamacarfool View Post
EXACTLY! I got nothing from them (Customer Service(?)) - or my dealer! What a joke! Still riding around with the same issues the car rolled off the lot with - but hey - they got their money and that's the most important thing - right?
Kinda my thoughts, and as much as I still want another one, I can't trust GM anymore after all the troubles and stress they left me with.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #17
bamacarfool

Drives: 2010 Camaro SSII
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad@gm View Post
Kinda my thoughts, and as much as I still want another one, I can't trust GM anymore after all the troubles and stress they left me with.
Just do what I've done - tell people about the car and what they can expect from GM if you have issues - NOTHING! Since the car is nice to look at, many people aske me about it and I tell them all the same thing - DON'T BUY ONE! The car is cool to look at, no doubt, but you have to drive it too (and pay for it). So, like I tell all - you can dip a turd in chocolate, but it's still a turd!
bamacarfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:36 AM   #18
mad@gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamacarfool View Post
Just do what I've done - tell people about the car and what they can expect from GM if you have issues - NOTHING! Since the car is nice to look at, many people aske me about it and I tell them all the same thing - DON'T BUY ONE! The car is cool to look at, no doubt, but you have to drive it too (and pay for it). So, like I tell all - you can dip a turd in chocolate, but it's still a turd!
I have, and still will, this became personal a long time ago!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #19
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Yeah, that's a lot of issues and some are pretty strange (i.e. steering wheel turning gray). At least, it sounds like your dealer is addressing them pretty well, but I understand that its irritating to have your car in the shop so much.

I wouldn't consider it a lemon, unless you problems that don't/can't get resolved.

I guess I'm pretty lucky... only problem in 13 mos was a bad brake fluid reservoir cap.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #20
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
mad@gm, I am sorry to hear you had such a poor experience with us. We are currently working on a new approach to help to aleviate the process for our customers. With the new GM monicker we are working to create a new customer service experience and we hope to have more happy customers in the years to follow, not only through our products but also through our post sales support.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #21
mad@gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
mad@gm, I am sorry to hear you had such a poor experience with us. We are currently working on a new approach to help to aleviate the process for our customers. With the new GM monicker we are working to create a new customer service experience and we hope to have more happy customers in the years to follow, not only through our products but also through our post sales support.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Maby so, too late for me, I tried so hard to only hope I got a crappy employee that didn't care. But after as many people as I dealt with I really don't think any of them really gave a crap, bottom dollar not happy consumers. I also feel as though my buy back was to get rid of me not to satisfy me, as said before no sorry's nothing, yeah I got most of my mony back but I lost a car I really wanted and confidence in a company I once stood behind. At least you guys finally take this site serious, executive offices claimed this site to be unreliable hearsay and was not even a slight bit interested to see all the complaints or consumer problems on this sight. Jeff I will say you are a stand up guy for attempting to help, as long as it's not some show to calm the anger towards customer care, and while you guys are working on the new customer care thing please start with bringing the jobs back home, I could hardly understand half of the people overseas I dealt with.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #22
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
Jeff,

GM's customer service seams like they are trained to read from scripts. They don't seam to be empowered to make decisions or even escalate claims.

And what is up with the hours? I am working an issue with a rep now and he comes to work at 2:00am and leaves at 10:00 am (Central time). Makes it tough to comunicate with him when I have meetings all morning. I tell him this and he still calls my cell when I am in meetings. I called him today at 7:00am central time, held for 7 minutes and got hung up on. I called back and left a message for him and have not heard from him...

I did learn that most of my issues were related to the dealer I was using. So, I fixed the last issue I had myself, with the help of a local shop. I took my receipts to the dealer and they paid me cash on the spot!!!

Some of these posts are probably hard to take but hearing the voice of the customer is priceless.

I certainly hope the improvements you refer to help.
David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #23
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
[QUOTE=mad@gm;3028760]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Down boy. I went through the same problems as you with my original camaro. In the end the issues got resolved, for both of us.[/QUOTE

Maby for future owners, but not me. When corporations start putting customer satisfaction over profit, issues will be resolved. I've spent my whole life supporting GM only to get spit on by them, sure everybody has a bad product from time to time, but how you handle that bad product is what counts. Hearing some dot head telling me how they can't believe I'm having all these problems, and what a beautiful car, just don't cut it! I wanted a dream car not a nightmare, I fought for almost a year trying to get the car fixed and GM wouldn't, GM finally bought it back, no sorry about the car, lets get you a good one, nothing, it was more like don't let the door hit you on the way out! If it wasn't for a family friend with power the buy back wouldn't even of happened, me and my wife's family have only bought GM cars until now, this was a completely unreal experience that GM and it's dealerships put me through and it's really sad to see how little they cared.
Im having a hard time too dude.

When my V6 motor blew I requested a new motor and that I would be happy with that but instead I got a damn rebuild. Now I'm left with a devalued car.

Thats alright though because its going to end up biting them in the ass. All I can do is refer you to here:

http://www.lemonlaw.com

If you think your car is a lemon call them and they can pretty much tell you instantly if you have a case.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:44 AM   #24
mad@gm

[QUOTE=DarkneSS;3032957]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad@gm View Post
Im having a hard time too dude.

When my V6 motor blew I requested a new motor and that I would be happy with that but instead I got a damn rebuild. Now I'm left with a devalued car.

Thats alright though because its going to end up biting them in the ass. All I can do is refer you to here:

http://www.lemonlaw.com

If you think your car is a lemon call them and they can pretty much tell you instantly if you have a case.
Thanks for caring, but that link won't be needed seeing how the car is gone.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #25
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Long Post:

Went shopping for a ss 3 weeks ago.I basically had $20,000 in my pocket and was doing the rest on loan.Went to the 1st dealer near me,was told I would be lucky if I broke even on the trade-in(2006 dodge charger that I know is worth $15,000 on the street) and then tried to sell me a 6 cylinder.He started eating Ho-ho's and talking about old muscle cars he had.I walked outta there scratching my head,saying to myself..he just let me walk outta there with $20,000 in my pocket and didn't try to seriously sell me a car.
Next dealer I went to I went in asking questions about prices and availability.Guy never left his seat while answering questions and handing me his card.By this point,I am saying to myself ,that the camaro is so popular they don't even need to put an effort into selling them.
Last dealer I go to-Totally different!-They gave me a decent amount for trade-in and immediately said "Let's go for a test drive".
We take the manual for a test drive,we are almost outta gas.We have to stop and put gas in it.I now want to take an auto for a ride.That thing is also on fumes,but he says "don't worry bout it".
We do the deal later on in the week,I drive the car away.It's on 1/4 tank!
I bitch,they do the right thing and give me a $30 voucher for Empire Gas(what happened to a full tank and quality gas?)
Now I am going thru some nonsense,where all my paperwork is dated wrong and my 1st payment is 2 1/2 weeks from when I drove off lot,my extended warranty is dated wrong,and my bank says I still owe $82 on payoff of old car.I talked to them yesterday,and this is supposed to Be all resolved which means maybe they are making sure their customers are satisfied,but I have to wonder what kinda clusterf@&k this deal was.....
kennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #26
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Ummm, where are you going with this?

LS is the base model Camaro... he doesn't have LS(x) posted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearer2010SS View Post
Wait how did you get an automatic with an LS?
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #27
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
very interesting thread..I think it will be a complaint thread.
Sometimes we all expect a car to last forever with no problems and our level of expectations exceed reality. I would have loved to see the gray on the steering wheel. That sounds like a plastic issue which would really be strange. Vibration in the gearshift? That would be due to the plastic gromets used in the assembly, and or the actual tranny mount itself. I cant believe a replacement of the gearshift assembly would have fixed this issue.

It sounds like OP has a great dealer that also loves to turn in warranty claims and get paid for doing these things.

Awesome seeing Customer Service here!
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #28
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
What gets me is that NATGEO has the build process of Camaros on their show, "Ultimate Factories"
http://channel.nationalgeographic.co.../4904/Overview

When watching this car being built, it appears that GM has really got their act together and makes you think that all the years of selling crappy cars is behind them.

Now when you come to this site, you see threads like this where the poor guy has the steering wheel fading and just about everything imaginable falling apart.

Did anyone else watch that show and believe that GM finally got it right?
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote