Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-11-2020, 08:12 AM   #15
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
No worries, that’s what this forum is for. I typically ground and run power with at least a 4 gauge but that also depends on amp size. I would try to find a new ground location for the amp and behind the head unit. There should be multiple grounding points behind it. I think you said you have already done the one behind the head unit but can’t remember exactly. If you have done this and still have engine noise I would install a ground loop isolator and that should definitely take care of it.
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:21 PM   #16
imnraged

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
I did ground behind the unit. I'll try the ground loop isolator. Thank you for your help.
Old 11-12-2020, 07:36 PM   #17
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Keep us updated on the outcome.
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:05 PM   #18
imnraged

I adjusted the gain on the amp and it definitely helped, but it's still there. It's now more annoying than aggravating. I guess I'll have to get the isolators after all.
Old 11-16-2020, 07:27 AM   #19
the85darkknight

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS Green Flash Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnraged View Post
I adjusted the gain on the amp and it definitely helped, but it's still there. It's now more annoying than aggravating. I guess I'll have to get the isolators after all.
I have isolators on both of my aftermarket amps along with grounding the new radio to that spot I mentioned earlier. I still have some kind of buzzing/background hiss. My amplifiers are grounded to the rear deck with 4ga wires. It looks like I will have to run another wire to one of the car grounds from the deck to change the ground reference values. It is frustrating as a better audio system will highlight the issues our vehicle already has.

IG: StarSaber85(https://www.instagram.com/starsaber85/)

Performance Mods:
CAI, Inc. Cold Air Intake; ADM Racing Scoop; Bo White Ported Throttle Body; GPI Ported Rod Mod Intake; Kooks 1-7/8" Headers with Catted Connections; Solo Mach XL Axle-Back Exhaust

the85darkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:02 AM   #20
imnraged

My amp is grounded straight to the battery. Would that be a problem at all? I'd ground it to ten different spots if I thought it would help. The isolators come tomorrow. I guess I'll cross my fingers and hope it works.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:46 AM   #21
the85darkknight

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS Green Flash Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnraged View Post
My amp is grounded straight to the battery. Would that be a problem at all? I'd ground it to ten different spots if I thought it would help. The isolators come tomorrow. I guess I'll cross my fingers and hope it works.
I hope your isolators worked out for you. I grounded my dimming wire on my radio as I was reading that is sometimes an issue. I have to try tapping the ground wire out of the amp and grounding that to that same spot behind the radio. I have an ugly buzz still that I did confirm is ground loop noise. I also have amplified static, so my gains may be too high. Hope everything works out for you.

IG: StarSaber85(https://www.instagram.com/starsaber85/)

Performance Mods:
CAI, Inc. Cold Air Intake; ADM Racing Scoop; Bo White Ported Throttle Body; GPI Ported Rod Mod Intake; Kooks 1-7/8" Headers with Catted Connections; Solo Mach XL Axle-Back Exhaust

the85darkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:14 PM   #22
imnraged

It worked ok after messing with the gains. If I listen for it, I can still hear the buzz, but I can live with it for awhile. Thanks for asking.