Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-03-2015, 06:39 PM   #15
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
dude if you lived close by I would tell you come on over and pump enough of it in to a spare bottle for you to try it three or four washes
I appreciate that! I would be glad to send you a sample of any of the soaps I currently have on hand. Just PM me your address. Except the Lusso, sorry but I'm being stingy with it!

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:57 PM   #16
Joe M 2012 2SS

Just used Duragloss 901. Used 2 oz. in foam gun, 2 in bucket w/4 gallons of water.

Cleaning ability. My car had been driven in the rain 4 days, and had plenty of film on it. It removed all of it easily. As good as I've used.

Lubricity, very good. Lusso is still the slickest.

Clean rinsing. I purposely let it dry on the hood. It was cloudy and 72*. Did get a few small spots after drying, easily removed with detail spray. I've seen much worse from other soaps, so I'd still rate it as good. Adams still best amongst all I've tried for a clean rinse.

If you like suds, this makes a lot of them. I had suds still left on the ground a couple hours after the car was done. The smell is cherry, but has more of a medicine type smell vs. a sweet smell. Not overbearing though.

It also made the water sheet really well after pooling rinse, as well as adding a bit of shine. Priced reasonably too.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:51 PM   #17
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Megs Hyper wash, with ONR add to kick up Lubricity.
tried this and it worked better than I expected, thanks for the tip

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:54 PM   #18
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
I appreciate that! I would be glad to send you a sample of any of the soaps I currently have on hand. Just PM me your address. Except the Lusso, sorry but I'm being stingy with it!
I have more car wash soaps than you could shake a herd of dead cats at....LOL...believe me I'm good for a while

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:10 PM   #19
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
I have more car wash soaps than you could shake a herd of dead cats at....LOL...believe me I'm good for a while
I'm glad the ONR added to the Hyper Wash worked well for you!

I like the DG 901 as good as the Optimum, price is about the same.

Still have the Ultima to try out, don't have more rain in forecast though for at least 6 days. Will want the car to be dirty like it was today for a fair comparison. Working 6 days a week now, so no side detailing to try it on someone else's car.

If has lubricity like the Lusso, and cleans as well as the Optimum and DG 901, and rinses as clean as the Adams........ I think I'm expecting a bit much!

Old 10-05-2015, 05:18 PM   #20
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I have jaxwax right now but when that runs out I'm going to try adam's.
the jaxwax is pretty good though, not sure who is cheaper
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:17 AM   #21
Cheetoh

Drives: 2011 Callaway SC572, 2000 Firehawk
Been using Zaino Z7 forever, Probably will never change.....
Old 10-08-2015, 05:25 AM   #22
Joseph1LE

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE, 2001 Camaro SS
If you have a pressure washer, nothing I've seen tops Chemical Guys Honeydew Snowfoam. Super super foamy, cleans well, and smells good.

2015 Camaro SS 1LE- sold
2001 Camaro SS SOM M6- sold
1999 Firebird Formula A4- sold
Joseph1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:53 AM   #23
rdanzel

Drives: 2010
I use Megs Gold Class shampoo. It works great in removing mud and other road grime.
rdanzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:31 AM   #24
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Adam's shampoo for me. Love how you can wash the entire car and not rinse until finsihsed, even if it dries. Then when done washing due the rinsing. Great stuff. Only shampoo I sue for my Camaro. I have other products that I am using up for the other cars in my fleet (wife's and kids cars).
Old 10-08-2015, 07:28 PM   #25
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetoh View Post
Been using Zaino Z7 forever, Probably will never change.....
Haven't tried it. Wish you had another to compare it to. If it's working well that's good though. If I try it. I'll post comparison to others I've used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph1LE View Post
If you have a pressure washer, nothing I've seen tops Chemical Guys Honeydew Snowfoam. Super super foamy, cleans well, and smells good.
I just use a foam gun, definitely get more foam from a foam cannon/pressure washer. If suds, cleaning ability, and smell are your priority, you would love Lusso Auto Bathe, It is rather expensive though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdanzel View Post
I use Megs Gold Class shampoo. It works great in removing mud and other road grime.
I found it to be excellent in cleaning ability as well. At $8 for a 48oz bottle, (Price at my local wally world) you could get a soap with much better lubricity, clean rinsing ability, same cleaning ability, and use less product per wash for about the same price. Optimum or Duragloss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Adam's shampoo for me. Love how you can wash the entire car and not rinse until finsihsed, even if it dries. Then when done washing due the rinsing. Great stuff. Only shampoo I sue for my Camaro. I have other products that I am using up for the other cars in my fleet (wife's and kids cars).
Adams is definitely the "king" so far of all I've tried in clean rinsing ability. The lubricity is very good too. I just wish it had a little more cleaning power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
I have jaxwax right now but when that runs out I'm going to try adam's.
the jaxwax is pretty good though, not sure who is cheaper
The Jax is definitely cheaper @ 18/gallon vs. 40/gallon for Adams. I haven't heard of it until your post, read some mixed reviews.

Seems it sheets well (like the Duragloss), though some say it lacks cleaning ability. After you use the Adams, I'd like to hear your thoughts on both.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:50 PM   #26
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
I used to use Mothers M-Tech shampoo but after trying out Adams car shampoo I use the M-Tech on my beater for the winter. Love Adams products now, maybe its just a trend? Bought a gallon of it and now I am set well into next year and also a gallon of detail spray I got from a mystery box.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:10 PM   #27
TIREKLR

Drives: 2015 zl1
I use local store bought things up until this point mostly meguiars but I am looking to switch to adams or chemical guys I hear a lot of good about both........ ( how often do they do the mystery box I have seen it mentioned in different threads also?)
TIREKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:46 PM   #28
Joe M 2012 2SS

Reviving this thread.

I have two soaps I really like now.

For pre-foaming and rinsing, Carpro Reset. This removes most all the dirt/film after foaming and rinsing, I haven't found a pre-cleaner that works better. It's designed for use with a coated car, or a car that has silica protection on it, like Reload or Hydrofoam.

It probably wouldn't work with a traditional polymer sealant or carnauba wax. Would most likely strip them. Been using this for many months now, and noticed on last annual polishing session a reduction in wash marring.
I believe this soap is the reason why, less dirt on the car before you touch it, less chance to cause marring.

I bought a gallon of Britemax Clean Max shampoo from AG on one of their cyber deals during Black Friday. Yesterday I used it. My car hadn't been washed for almost two weeks due to weather, and working OT. Rained and snowed during this period so car was dirty. It cleaned the wheels easily. Did a great job on the paint as well.

It also rinses clean very easily, and has a lot of lubricity, my mitt glided across the surface very well.

Suds are about average, nothing special, but this isn't a big deal for me.

It smells like grape soda, which was kind of weird, I initially felt like I was washing my car with NEHI grape soda, and kept waiting for the mitt to grab.

I suppose that during the spring and summer months, it will draw bugs to the car while washing from the smell. This would be the only drawback I could find in it.

It is a bit pricey at 45.99/gallon normal price, I got it for 1/2 this price during the sale. I'd look for it on one of AG's 25% off/free shipping sales, as I doubt they will have it 1/2 price again any time soon if you want to try it.

Excels at cleaning, lubricity, and clean rinsing. A fantastic shampoo.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 12-12-2017 at 08:00 PM.