Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #43
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
This is an old argument for and against carnauba wax; I know we won't resolve this in this thread. My statement stands based on my personal experience and my years of experience in detailing and using a variety of products. IMO carnauba wax is one of the best products to use for paint protection and enhancing the look of paint.
My experience is using ALL the different types of protection (waxes, sealants, and coatings). No wax will protect as long or as well as a sealant, no sealant will protect as long or as well as a coating. These are proven facts. Wax is obsolete for a car that sits outside 24/7 and driven every day.

There is no argument. Just fact and fiction.

Show me a carnauba wax that can withstand what was done to Reload sealant in that video I posted, that will still remain on the surface. You can't, it doesn't exist.

Go to ANY decent detailing shop and ask them what is the best option is for protection, they will tell you a coating first, then a sealant, then wax last.

If carnauba wax was so proficient at providing protection, sealants would have never been developed. If sealants couldn't be improved upon for protection, coatings would have never been developed.

You can "argue" that wax is as good, but testing and development in paint protection proves otherwise.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 12-16-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #44
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
My experience is using ALL the different types of protection (waxes, sealants, and coatings). No wax will protect as long or as well as a sealant, no sealant will protect as long or as well as a coating. These are proven facts. Wax is obsolete for a car that sits outside 24/7 and driven every day.

There is no argument. Just fact and fiction.

Show me a carnauba wax that can withstand what was done to Reload sealant in that video I posted, that will still remain on the surface. You can't, it doesn't exist.

Go to ANY decent detailing shop and ask them what is the best option is for protection, they will tell you a coating first, then a sealant, then wax last.

If carnauba wax was so proficient at providing protection, sealants would have never been developed. If sealants couldn't be improved upon for protection, coatings would have never been developed.

You can "argue" that wax is as good, but testing and development in paint protection proves otherwise.
Ok while you haven't convinced me of anything within the topic of this thread; The good news is that you have convinced me of something..... and that thing is that it is time to put you on my ignore list. This has been a one sided, baseless discussion that I choose not to engage further with you. For a strange reason, you've chosen to veer away from the topic of the thread to include sealants and coatings. LSP types are a highly opinionated set of topics that you are unprepared to discuss; And thus far you have not presented any logical facts or arguments or supporting information for the topic you veered off into.

At best, this was a very mildly interesting thread.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic

Last edited by lbls1; 12-16-2017 at 01:57 PM.
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:56 PM   #45
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Ok while you haven't convinced me of anything within the topic of this thread; The good news is that you have convinced me of something..... and that thing is it is time to put you on my ignore list. This has been a one sided, baseless discussion that I choose not to engage further with you.

At best, this was a very mildly interesting thread.
Fine, if you don't believe I'm telling the truth, do this then.

Call ANY detailing company that sells paint protection products, Meguiars, Chemical Guys, Adams, Carpro, etc.

Tell them you have a non garaged daily driven car and ask weather an all natural wax or sealant will provide better/longer protection. EVERY ONE will tell you a sealant.

Ask which product they sell provides the most durable long lasting protection, they ALL will tell you a coating.

I'm not trying to be one sided. I'm trying to tell the TRUTH.

So if you think I am lying, or trying to argue, call them and see for yourself what they say.

The topic of this thread was about car shampoo. I think I would know that since I'm the one who started this thread to begin with.
I never introduced the idea of paint protection products in this thread, I revived it to share my findings after testing a TON of different shampoo's, with the intention of HELPING others looking for similar attributes in a shampoo. (Post #28 in this thread)

YOU were the one who brought up the idea that wax provides the best protection for paint, which is not true. (Your post #40 in this thread)

Again if you don't believe me, call one or several of the detailing companies. They will tell you the same thing. I suppose they don't know what they are talking about either.

Here's another video which compares resistance to chemicals using a carnauba wax, a sealant, and a coating. Guess which one failed first? The wax, the sealant second, and the coating last. This guy must be rigging the video because he too is one-sided, and against wax like me.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 12-16-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote