Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-25-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
thenaz
Thenaz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS BLK GFX IOI/STRIPE TVS
Exclamation DTC ENGINE CODES

I finally threw a couple of codes after over 18 months with a Maggie, American Racing Headers, long tubes with hiflow cats, through a NoWeeds diverter through stock mufflers.

I had Ted Jannetty send me a SCT Tuner with his custom tune for my setup and it was perfect. It ran sweet and no problems, Until I started running with the NoWeeds open pretty much so it was too loud, and probably running less back pressure, causing it to maybe run a bit lean. The car has always backfired while coasting off the throttle some, but it became more often and louder with the NoWeeds near half open.

The codes I got were P013E and P014A

I searched this forum but could not find much about them.

I finally googled and found a simple website that I think we all could use to fine these baffling codes.

Go to: www.dtcsearch.com

Type in the code and it shows what it is. Really neat and simple.

P013E is O2 sensor delayed response-rich to lean Bank 1 Sensor 2
P014A is same thing but Bank 2 Sensor 2

So the last few days of driving with it "A Bit To Loud" finally threw a code. I cleared the codes with the SCT Tuner and now will quiet my act down a bit and see if things will go back to normal.

The main thing here is the website above that makes decoding the codes a snap. I thought I would find my solution in this forum, but I didn't. I hope this helps others trying to see what their "dtc codes mean".
thenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:01 AM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenaz View Post
I finally threw a couple of codes after over 18 months with a Maggie, American Racing Headers, long tubes with hiflow cats, through a NoWeeds diverter through stock mufflers.

I had Ted Jannetty send me a SCT Tuner with his custom tune for my setup and it was perfect. It ran sweet and no problems, Until I started running with the NoWeeds open pretty much so it was too loud, and probably running less back pressure, causing it to maybe run a bit lean. The car has always backfired while coasting off the throttle some, but it became more often and louder with the NoWeeds near half open.

The codes I got were P013E and P014A

I searched this forum but could not find much about them.

I finally googled and found a simple website that I think we all could use to fine these baffling codes.

Go to: www.dtcsearch.com

Type in the code and it shows what it is. Really neat and simple.

P013E is O2 sensor delayed response-rich to lean Bank 1 Sensor 2
P014A is same thing but Bank 2 Sensor 2

So the last few days of driving with it "A Bit To Loud" finally threw a code. I cleared the codes with the SCT Tuner and now will quiet my act down a bit and see if things will go back to normal.

The main thing here is the website above that makes decoding the codes a snap. I thought I would find my solution in this forum, but I didn't. I hope this helps others trying to see what their "dtc codes mean".
This Is perfectly Normal when running open exhaust just behind the rear O2s they are seeing almost all Fresh air so they will not switch from rich to lean.

The Engine is NOT running Lean or Rich the Rear O2s are sending false readings due to the open exhaust.

Close the Noweeds and you will never get a code.

These codes can also be disabled in a tune request.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
thenaz
Thenaz

Thumbs up Jannetty Racing : Proving Great Service: Once Again!

Thanks for the quick explaination Ted.

I thought there was not a serious problem as there was no noticeable power or performance changes. I drive 100 miles to and from work and usually only run the NoWeeds about 15% open. That means 15% thru Headers and 85% thru the stock mufflers. This is a pleasing sound level and keeps me happy. When the wife is in the car I run 100% thru to mufflers and it sounds almost stock quiet. I've gotten a little bit roudy and opened up to about 50:50. That setting is attention getting even at idle. Get on it and it sounds like a demon screaming to be released, and definetly puts the fear of God into most challengers. I,ve driven maybe a 120 miles at 50:50 setting and then got the codes. Glad to have you confirm there are no problems.

Just one other question, if you don't mind. Since I received your tune it seems I no longer have "Traction Control". No problems as I am a sane and mature driver, but has it been turned "Off"? If so can I use the SCT Tuner to turn it back on? It may be that I now have so much power (about 625HP) that the Traction Control can't contain it. What do you think? Thanks again for your service.

Last edited by thenaz; 05-26-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenaz View Post
Thanks for the quick explaination Ted.

I thought there was not a serious problem as there was no noticeable power or performance changes. I drive 100 miles to and from work and usually only run the NoWeeds about 15% open. That means 15% thru Headers and 85% thru the stock mufflers. This is a pleasing sound level and keeps me happy. When the wife is in the car I run 100% thru to mufflers and it sounds almost stock quiet. I've gotten a little bit roudy and opened up to about 50:50. That setting is attention getting even at idle. Get on it and it sounds like a demon screaming to be released, and definetly puts the fear of God into most challengers. I,ve driven maybe a 120 miles at 50:50 setting and then got the codes. Glad to have you confirm there are no problems.

Just one other question, if you don't mind. Since I received your tune it seems I no longer have "Traction Control". No problems as I am a sane and mature driver, but has it been turned "Off"? If so can I use the SCT Tuner to turn it back on? It may be that I now have so much power (about 625HP) that the Traction Control can't contain it. What do you think? Thanks again for your service.
As part of my supercharger tunes I used to turn it off but I now leave it on send me an email with all of your info and I will turn it back on.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
thenaz
Thenaz

PM sent via email. Thanks
Old 06-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
thenaz
Thenaz

Angry SCT TUNER UPDATES SUCK

Thanks Ted for the prompt response.

I hadn't used the SCT tuner for about 8 months so imagine my surprise when, after restoring my Camaros original tune, that I had to update the SCT to a newer "firmware". After 3 & 1/2 hours on Memorial Day evening I gave up. It lost all data. Everything was gone. Very irritating.

On Tuesday, 5-31-11, SCT Tech Support was on my phone at 9:00am Florida time and Brian (bless his heart), took care of the problems. He had to reformat the device and then reload custom tune I got from Ted. Took about an hour and I had the tune back in my Camaro.

SCT needs to besure to explain and fix problems with upgraded programs before they send out the updates to the consumer. I found out there were several with similar updating problems all over this country.