Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #15
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
I strongly disagree with the comment on the interior, the styling is subjective obviously but it cannot be denied that Ford used MUCH better materials in the interior, though it seems as if your friend doesn't have the premium interior so he wouldn't have MyColour Interior Lighting and if I'm correct the panels aren't aluminium I wouldn't know for sure cause I don't go near base cars when I'm shopping....
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
mustang interior uses MUCH better materials, I gotta disagree about. Thats one thing where GM really cheaped out was the cheap hard plastic dash, they now cover it with suede and still looks terrible.

Shifting and clutch as with 3.73 the car I drove was quick and smooth.
Sorry gents, but I have to disagree with you! The interior on this particular mustang was definitely not "a step above" the Camaro's interior. It was just as much plastic as in the Camaro. And you're right of course, styling is subjective. But I've never really been a fan of the interiors of ford cars. From the door chime they use, to the font on the gauges, the whole package just doesn't do it for me. I went into my friend's mustang expecting to be blown away by the interior, and I was not, on the contrary, I was quite disappointed. That should tell you something.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #16
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Having owned a 2010 Camaro 2ss/RS and now a 2012 GT500 I can comment on the Interior. The only problem is that the GT500 has the "Premium" Interior so it isn't apples to apples. What ford gives you though is options on the mustang, but you will pay for it. So you can upgrade to the premium interior which is a bit nicer, but it will cost you (at least you have the option though right)?

So as far as the dash, the GT500 has a padded dash which feels nicer since it isn't as hard, however IMO, they should have extended that to the top portion of the doors as well (but they didn't). I do think it is nicer than the 2ss/RS interior as far as components used. I like the center console area a bit better, but i has the nav screen etc so looks a bit better.

I'm not going to comment on layout since some of that will be personal preference. I didn't have any issues with the interior layout of the Camaro and don't on the GT500 either. I do like that the GT500 gives me options in regards to interior lighting color etc and the ambient lighting is a bit better looking (IMO).

Anyway .. just my 2 cents ...

Crowley
Old 04-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #17
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Sorry gents, but I have to disagree with you! The interior on this particular mustang was definitely not "a step above" the Camaro's interior. It was just as much plastic as in the Camaro. And you're right of course, styling is subjective. But I've never really been a fan of the interiors of ford cars. From the door chime they use, to the font on the gauges, the whole package just doesn't do it for me. I went into my friend's mustang expecting to be blown away by the interior, and I was not, on the contrary, I was quite disappointed. That should tell you something.
Clearly he bought the poor man's version of the car then, because the GT500 and 2SS equivalent do have a much better interior. Also the soft touch dash is standard so it is absolutely impossible that he has as much plastic as the Camaro. The dash inserts however if I remember correctly on the poor persons Mustang are plastic so he must not have the 401A premium interior option... Either that or he has a 2010 with 5.0 badges...

Does his interior look like this?

or this...

The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #18
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Hey Crowley, I'm ordering a 2013 and my sister bought a 2012. So I did up a MyColour chart for her, has every colour combo. Hope this helps in anyway
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Ford MyColour Chart.pdf (59.5 KB, 187 views)
Old 04-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #19
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Hey Crowley, I'm ordering a 2013 and my sister bought a 2012. So I did up a MyColour chart for her, has every colour combo. Hope this helps in anyway
Thanks .. now to play with it .. LOL

Crowley
Old 04-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #20
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
You own a Camaro and your post is hugely laced with bias so, what did you think you were going to say about a Mustang? Geez.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #21
eolson
eolson

Drives: 2006 premium Package Mustang GT cou
Well again, the design "correction that was made on the 05' Mustang platform inside and out was a updated call back to the simple and spartan interiors and tough looking exteriors of 60's Muscle cars.

Light weight was the idea of the 05 interior, as possible with all the modern safety standards. It's not supposed to be plush. WTF. My 06' GT was delivered Premium package minus sub woofer at 3488 lbs. Even with my Supercharger and suspension change out with all the fixin's and some weight loss replacements, the cars only weighs about 3520 lbs, with the same or better front to rear weight ratio.

Luckily I can put the Mustang into context. It's a fairly cheap car you can turn into a fast agile beast. I love how the Magazines love to test Camaros and Mustangs against far more expensive cars, and then claim how they didn't handle great.

The Camaros have solved that problem with this new release year, and if Ford was smart, they would put a watts link in the rear and put real traction and launch control into every Mustang GT and the variable damper settings like the 2013 GT500. I think the next generation of Mustang will finally do that. Erik
2006 Prem Pkg Mustang GT coupe. Saleen SC,10psi, 454rwhp,442rwtq, Complete Steeda/H&R, suspension change out, with weight loss, Techco Watts link, Stoptech big brakes, Race clutch, Alum. flywheel, Alum 1 pc driveshaft, 9x18,10x18 chrome bullit wheels, 285/40/18,255/45/18 nitto 555 tires. 3545 lbs currently. New car scent air freshener.
eolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #22
Mikey193

Drives: 2012 black ss/rs camaro
Again the premium interior is a lot better then the standard on the stangs. This is what mine looked like.
Attached Images

Mikey193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #23
MauriSSio
Banned

Drives: 1968 Ford Galaxie
I like the interiors of both the camaro and the mustang. The mustangs was a bit nicer though. That and I absolutely hated the speedometer and rpm gage layout of the camaro. The squares the fonts and plastic around the squares didnt do it for me at all. The rest seemed fine though.
MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #24
MauriSSio
Banned

Drives: 1968 Ford Galaxie
The lighting tricks in the mustang also are certainly a nice touch.
MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #25
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
You mention the ride quality. Having not driven one i've wondered how good it can be. I mean it's live axle, and they're getting .95g out of it. That would usually mean a pretty stiff ride.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #26
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey193 View Post
Again the premium interior is a lot better then the standard on the stangs. This is what mine looked like.
Love the seats. It's a shame they don't make the entire interior in that red.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #27
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
You mention the ride quality. Having not driven one i've wondered how good it can be. I mean it's live axle, and they're getting .95g out of it. That would usually mean a pretty stiff ride.
I can't speak for the 5.0 but my sisters GT500 is quite a bit more comfortable than my SS over bumps....
Old 04-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #28
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Love the seats. It's a shame they don't make the entire interior in that red.

This would look good in red!