Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-27-2019, 08:41 AM   #15
Eazy.SS

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Good News, we found the problem. Bad news, melted piston and damaged valve. So forged rods and pistons coming now and the true build begins now.
Eazy.SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 02:18 AM   #16
carjockey71@gmail.com

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS Convt
Looking for a some help - 2012 Camaro convertible Ss2 with engine code P301 has a 6 SPD

Typical camaro all the dash’s lights on the right side light up all (the ‘stabiilitrac’ service stabiitrac’ ‘ traction assist’ etc ) all come up at same time (and most of the time before you throw a code on these cars) 91K, the strange thing is this only happens when the volts gauge stays at 12V like the gauge is NOT broken, gauge works fine, it usually will not throw a code even after the lights come on for a while, RPMS will jump up ONKH a couple hundred rpm this only happens at idle, battery check, alt checked, everything is fine, when gauge is showing charging over 13. volts are constant with the what is in my scan tool (so if the volt gauge shows 13.3 scan tool will say the same) even thought battery is fine is over 3 years, the minute I go about 1000 ft the gauges will go off and car will act fine, this only happens when the volt gauge is pinned straight up at 12, which seems to only happen after after car has been running at operate it temp for over 30 mins or more l, willmoccassional give very hard starts and run like it’s missing on long trip, if the car cools down I do t have this problems but if I drive 2 hours and shut it off and then Start it against it will hard start the HUD rpm’s gauge doesn’t work, runs like it was recammed with a low idle miss at 600 rpm’s seems like the timings is running fast or adv, at this the the volt gauge is a new development that just started to happen and all the traction lights on right side stay on, an go back out to car on it cools down and it will be fine, will also reset but disconnects negative on battery and it will be fine for unknown period of time ( couple hundred to couple thousand d miles )

Think I have a short, was thinking about a heavy duty newer high cc’d battery (the newest one they run like $368), have had the car for 7 years and 60k back bottom floor get a water in rain storms (typical gm convertable leak) even twht why since I bought it, de factory cam and complete lifters at 63K do to bad lifter at 7, top end rebuild, 5K

Open for suggestions- ideas please thanks !!
carjockey71@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 08:07 AM   #17
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Double check the current health of your battery, load test and charging hold. I know when mine started going bad and was severely discharged the car would act up when driving, idleing and the dash lights would act up as well. This is a common thing when the battery is on it's last legs. Good luck..

Tags
camaro ss, cylinder, misfire