Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-18-2015, 08:11 AM   #1
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
Rearview & Drivers Side Mirror not working.

Quick Rundown.

about a month ago, the OnStar lights went out on the mirror, and the buttons didn't work. Dimming function also stopped working. I called OnStar, and they told me I needed a new module (4g LTE box) to fix it.

Get the 4G LTE box, and the mirrrors still aren't working. Any suggestions as to what to do next? the service tech at the dealership left me a message saying "the mirror didn't work before, and still doesn't work.

Thanks.

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:45 AM   #2
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Well your car is still in warranty since it's only a year old and you probably don't have that many miles on the car. I'd leave it at the dealership until it was fixed. Besides, that's their duty as the dealer, to honor warranty issues such as this.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:42 AM   #3
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
This just happened to me yesterday. Same symptoms. First I pulled/inserted the F14 fuse (Onstar/Universal Hands Free) in the drivers side front fuse panel with no luck, as that was solely for the Onstar module located behind the dash. Then I pulled/inserted the F1 fuse (Universal Garage Door Opener/Ultra–sonic Rear Parking Assist/Inside Rearview Mirror) in the rear fuse compartment and now the Onstar buttons work. It would seem the mirror itself was not getting power. I will keep an eye on it and report back any additional anomalies.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:47 PM   #4
sonic525

Drives: 2013 Camaro LT
Hi Junior,
Wondering if you ever got your mirrors back to working order and how this was accomplished. Im having the same issue. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:28 PM   #5
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Sometimes an old post needs a bump. I had this issue today. No OnStar lights or dimming from the mirrors. Found this post. Never would have fixed it without it. Pulling F1 in the trunk reset the system and it all works now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2019, 06:29 AM   #6
Junior

Glad to hear it worked for you. My issue never returned after I re-seated the fuse many moons ago.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:08 PM   #7
14CamaroRSguy

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
I know this is an old post, but I had the same thing happen to me last night while I was driving for work.. noticed the onstar buttons weren't lit up, and then realized my mirrors weren't dimming(never realize how much you've become accustomed to them until you don't have them lol) .. This post saved me alot of frustration.. pulled the F1 fuse, and everything works again. Thanks Junior for the solution
14CamaroRSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:31 AM   #8
Junior

No prob homie