Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-27-2019, 08:53 AM   #29
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
Wow still waiting on caps, thought you'd had em by now. Sure its worth the wait since the little touches that really make things nice. Still would really like to see your set up with those 335's bet it will look mean.
Yes sir! Still waiting on those pesky caps. lol. I talked to them last Wednesday and they said they were waiting for the parts they ordered from the Chevy dealership to arrive, which they said should be there that day, and would try to get them done and shipped by Friday. No email yet saying they shipped. I have ordered a LOT of stuff from them and never took this long to get. But as you know, good things come to those who wait ! Soon as I get them, it's wheels on !! Then pics as soon as I can
Old 05-27-2019, 10:09 AM   #30
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Yes sir! Still waiting on those pesky caps. lol. I talked to them last Wednesday and they said they were waiting for the parts they ordered from the Chevy dealership to arrive, which they said should be there that day, and would try to get them done and shipped by Friday. No email yet saying they shipped. I have ordered a LOT of stuff from them and never took this long to get. But as you know, good things come to those who wait ! Soon as I get them, it's wheels on !! Then pics as soon as I can
When I got my wheels I was going to use my center caps from my stock wheels. They were to small and I had to order 6rh gen center caps.
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:57 PM   #31
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
When I got my wheels I was going to use my center caps from my stock wheels. They were to small and I had to order 6rh gen center caps.
Oh man, don't tell me that!! Carlos said the stock SS center caps for the 5th gens are the ones that fit these M228's..
Old 05-27-2019, 11:06 PM   #32
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Oh man, don't tell me that!! Carlos said the stock SS center caps for the 5th gens are the ones that fit these M228's..
I think they sent me a 6th gen set by mistake. Hopefully yours are for the 5th.
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:30 PM   #33
radar1972

Drives: 2012 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
Anxiously awaiting those pics!

Old 06-03-2019, 08:34 PM   #34
1JEWLDSSRS

lol, me too!! Got my caps Saturday, but the beast is in the hospital. Been there for a week now and I probably won't get her back for another week or so. Had to pull the tranny and send the converter back to the manufacturer. Seems as though my 3200 stall converter decided to take dump on me and split on the hub that goes into the trans, swell up and destroy the pump, housing, bearings and seals and spray the entire bottom of the car with trans fluid!! Supposedly it is still under warranty, so we will see what transpires.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:52 PM   #35
Chris49066SS

Drives: 2010 SS L99
Quote:
lol, me too!! Got my caps Saturday, but the beast is in the hospital. Been there for a week now and I probably won't get her back for another week or so. Had to pull the tranny and send the converter back to the manufacturer. Seems as though my 3200 stall converter decided to take dump on me and split on the hub that goes into the trans, swell up and destroy the pump, housing, bearings and seals and spray the entire bottom of the car with trans fluid!! Supposedly it is still under warranty, so we will see what transpires.
Then mine has been down and on jackstands since May 17, what gives? We're missin the action! our busted a$$ machines lol
Old 06-04-2019, 06:11 PM   #36
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris49066SS View Post
Then mine has been down and on jackstands since May 17, what gives? We're missin the action! our busted a$$ machines lol
lol I feel your pain bro! We had 2 of the most beautiful, powerful, modded nasty production modern muscle cars, and all we can do is LOOK at them!! Really sad. lol. At least yours is in your garage? I hope? Mine is 22 miles away, tucked in a corner by herself with red cones all around her so no one gets too close. Kinda like a child in "time out" ! And you beat me by 11 days, mine has been down since May 28...
Old 06-04-2019, 06:41 PM   #37
Chris49066SS

Drives: 2010 SS L99
Quote:
lol I feel your pain bro! We had 2 of the most beautiful, powerful, modded nasty production modern muscle cars, and all we can do is LOOK at them!! Really sad. lol. At least yours is in your garage? I hope? Mine is 22 miles away, tucked in a corner by herself with red cones all around her so no one gets too close. Kinda like a child in "time out" ! And you beat me by 11 days, mine has been down since May 28...
Heh, yeah you mentioned it looks like its at a crime scene. Yep mines in the garage, awaiting my new parts to arrive so I can install them. Impatiently waiting.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:47 AM   #38
1JEWLDSSRS

Hey guys and gals, finally got my Camaro back from the shop after 23 days, so I can finally get the M228's installed and get some pics posted. Cheers !!
Old 06-27-2019, 04:50 PM   #39
1JEWLDSSRS

Up date, the M228's are being installed tomorrow Friday...Woohooo. Pics to follow...
Old 06-27-2019, 09:14 PM   #40
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Up date, the M228's are being installed tomorrow Friday...Woohooo. Pics to follow...
Nice! Bet it feels good to be back in the seat and the crime scene tape must of kept your car safe!
Old 06-28-2019, 08:43 AM   #41
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
Nice! Bet it feels good to be back in the seat and the crime scene tape must of kept your car safe!
LOL FOR SURE !! Nothing like getting in you big cammed up beast and crankin it up and feeling the awesomness of HP !! And yea the cones kept everybody away but she drew a lot of attention when she was there. They said people were taking pics, asking about her and videoing her, WOW..lol
Old 06-28-2019, 05:35 PM   #42
1JEWLDSSRS

OK all, the wheels are installed and look great!! Especially with the new Lolipop Red powder coated calipers and the big fatties out back !! Pics will have to wait til tomorrow as it was so overcast and rainy here that I couldn't get any good ones.. Cheers...

Tags
mrr wheels, z28wheels