Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-05-2020, 09:58 AM   #1
NXTLEVL

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Twin Turbo LSX454
HP Tuners - adding channels and logging

I was trying to get some traction on this question on the HP tuners forums but they're quite a bit less active than over here so...

I tried to add a few different channels that were suggested to me by a tuners like rpm, timing, map sensor, cylinder airmass, ltft and stft but did not see them in the listing of available channels.

Also, the only what I can get the logging process to work is if I load the vehicle default channels. If I try to load the SAE channels I get a broken chain link symbol and logging dose not function. The list of channels on the vehicle default is very limited and does not seem to include those above.

Actually, I don't see some of these even under the SAE listing. I'm using the text search feature. Do you have to go directly through the module to get the channels or is the search sufficient? If so are these channels named differently? I really couldn't even find anything like cylinder airmass or map sensor which I kind of assumed were pretty standard....

I'm really trying to learn this but it seems overly complicated seeing all I'm trying to do is look at sensor output. What am I missing?
NXTLEVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:56 PM   #2
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Shouldn't be that hard. Did you try to re-poll the ECM through the scanner?

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 07:46 AM   #3
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
There's a few videos on YouTube on how to do this. Check out The Tuning School videos.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:17 PM   #4
NXTLEVL

I don't think I've tried re-polling, I'll do that tomorrow. I watched a bunch of the Tuning School videos but most just gloss over the "simple" stuff that should only take a single button click. For example, I tried to log using the vehicle defaults last week and it wouldn't even acknowledge the button click. It turned out I needed the latest version of the software to even get that to function. I just got the product last month! If a software version update disables something as basic as logging that's a tough sell for me...

Regardless I'm in it for the long haul. Let me see what I can do. If the re-poll is successful will I see the channels in question? I assume those and a lot more, right?

p.s. RobZL1. I got your PM and will respond there. THANKS!
Old 05-07-2020, 04:19 AM   #5
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_...JqJOiGoCRT5SCw
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:22 AM   #6
NXTLEVL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
Shouldn't be that hard. Did you try to re-poll the ECM through the scanner?
No go no the re-poll. I tried every combination of connection I could think of last night and although I could log the channels that were there the re-poll option remained greyed out. Do I need to clear something? I read a couple of posts talking about removing the cars config file but I'm not even aware I saved one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
Yup. Been over there a bit. I really need to find some time to immerse myself in the process so I can get the understanding I need.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:17 AM   #7
Sparko

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Did you get this sorted out?
'87 HD FXRT - Wrecked pending repair
Sparko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 08:02 AM   #8
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Not sure if my issue was the same. My added channels worked fine, but couldn’t log. I had to uninstall VCM (twice) and reinstall it to get logging to work. Had to do that to upload my base tune as well. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote