Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #15
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I'm not doing it to build muscle either, I'm trying to get back in the shape I was in high school. So, I do P90x 4-5 days a week and do cardio 3-4 days a week. I drink muscle milk before working out, but I need something for afterwards.

Hey Milk, You are better off not cosuming any calories before doing the workout. In essence, all you are doing is burning the calories that you just consumed. You body is trained to burn the easiest calories to get at, ie, the stuff you just ate. You are never going to tap into the stored fat. Give yourself a few hours after eating before doing it. And have that drink after the workout. Your body will need it to replenish itslef. Ideally you want to work out, for losing weight were talking, right when you get up. Before you eat. That was you force your body inot tapping into the stored fat because it has no other option to go to for energy.

Hope this helps. When I was 18 I became a certified personal trainer, not for a job, but to get the knowledeg for myself. The formula for weight loss is simple. Burn more calories than you consume. Thats it. If you want to eat a lot, thats perfectly ok, but be prepared to work your as off in the exercise dept if you want results.

Good luck guys. Its a lifestyle change. Do that and you'll be in it for the long haul!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #16
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Hey Milk, You are better off not cosuming any calories before doing the workout. In essence, all you are doing is burning the calories that you just consumed. You body is trained to burn the easiest calories to get at, ie, the stuff you just ate. You are never going to tap into the stored fat. Give yourself a few hours after eating before doing it. And have that drink after the workout. Your body will need it to replenish itslef. Ideally you want to work out, for losing weight were talking, right when you get up. Before you eat. That was you force your body inot tapping into the stored fat because it has no other option to go to for energy.

Hope this helps. When I was 18 I became a certified personal trainer, not for a job, but to get the knowledeg for myself. The formula for weight loss is simple. Burn more calories than you consume. Thats it. If you want to eat a lot, thats perfectly ok, but be prepared to work your as off in the exercise dept if you want results.

Good luck guys. Its a lifestyle change. Do that and you'll be in it for the long haul!
I'm not looking to loose weight. I'm at a comfortable 206lbs. (was 214 before starting). I want to be 200lbs minimum but just in shape. In the morning I usually do push-ups right after waking up. On days that I do p90x, my breakfast consists of two eggs and some muscle milk. But I don't work out until about 3-4 hours after eating that. I have a small lunch or snack after my workout and on days when I do cardio, I go in the evening. After cardio I usually have a protein loaded dinner.
This routine changes depending if I am doing just cardio that day, or just p90x, or both, or none.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:37 PM   #17
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I'm not looking to loose weight. I'm at a comfortable 206lbs. (was 214 before starting). I want to be 200lbs minimum but just in shape. In the morning I usually do push-ups right after waking up. On days that I do p90x, my breakfast consists of two eggs and some muscle milk. But I don't work out until about 3-4 hours after eating that. I have a small lunch or snack after my workout and on days when I do cardio, I go in the evening. After cardio I usually have a protein loaded dinner.
This routine changes depending if I am doing just cardio that day, or just p90x, or both, or none.

Looks like you have it well under control. Good luck with the program! It has turned Ted into a new man.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #18
DarthNacho08
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1999 camaro
Send a message via AIM to DarthNacho08
i've been doing it for a year, it works. i've got the biggest arms i've ever had in my life and i've got crazy definition on most of my body. i'd say don't skip yoga, its silly and painful at times, but the benefits far outweigh the negatives. oh, and I can dunk on an nba regulation court now too, don't skip plyometrics
DarthNacho08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #19
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNacho08 View Post
i've been doing it for a year, it works. i've got the biggest arms i've ever had in my life and i've got crazy definition on most of my body. i'd say don't skip yoga, its silly and painful at times, but the benefits far outweigh the negatives. oh, and I can dunk on an nba regulation court now too, don't skip plyometrics
I agree on the yoga and stretching. Your muscle will not grow as fast if you don;t stretch them and keep them flexible.
I have bad knees though, and plyometrics KILL me. I have yet to complete a full plyometric workout. But that is just a goal I have set on myself. I've started to work out my legs more to reinforce my knees.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #20
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
[QUOTE=Milk 1027;2948009]First advice, DO NOT USE THE BANDS.

tell me about I got waked in the face really bad with those.

i am also going to restart my program this coming week haven't been able to work on it. been driving my camaro around so much i 4got i had to do the program.

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:59 AM   #21
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
I have done P90X once, the whole thing with all the cardio and yoga (don't knock it till you try it) I was trying to get fit but ended up losing about 15 pounds. I am going to be doing it again minus the cardio part, yes I will be doing yoga it will greatly help your flexibility. I take the P90X recovery drink for 2 reasons 1. IT WORKS just like anything else you would buy from GNC or any other place and 2. It actually tastes good.....like really good.....like its almost a treat getting to drink it after the workout. If any of yall have questions about any of the P90X stuff or any of the other beachbody stuff I am a coach and can answer all of your questions just drop me a line and I would love to help you out
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:34 AM   #22
JWild

Drives: 2010 black on black SS
My wife is doing P90x, i think it's a great program especially for beginners, with the step by step instructions in the video. She has only been doing it for a few weeks but we have both seen great results lately.
I personally don't do it because I am following another program. CrossFitFootball. It consists of the doing the big stenthening moves (squat, deadlift, press, bench, Clean) and a short intense conditioning workout.
To one of the first posters you mentioned you were trying to get big. I don't think P90x is the right program for you right now. try doing some of the powerlifting stuff, like the moves I listed above or check out startingstrength Wiki to build some general size and power. then swith into P90x after you have a good foundation.
JWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #23
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
Reason I skiped Yoga is because I rather put the stretching video in place of it, Im sure im missing many benefits of skipping the yoga but oh well, its not for me, I want to tone up and build muscle not be flexible lol
Old 03-15-2011, 11:04 AM   #24
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
Reason I skiped Yoga is because I rather put the stretching video in place of it, Im sure im missing many benefits of skipping the yoga but oh well, its not for me, I want to tone up and build muscle not be flexible lol
You need flexibility to build muscle, and it's not just about the flexibility, it's about the breathing.

Has anyone here tried the Insanity workout?
Old 03-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #25
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I have only been doing my little routine for a week and I am already seeing results.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #26
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
AWESOME !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
I have only been doing my little routine for a week and I am already seeing results.
Thats great to hear bro !! the plyo is the "mother" haha that one had me sore as hell for a good week after doing it but then the second time I came around to it I was jumping up and down like nothing and still had plenty of energy.....speaking of which today is plyo
Old 03-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #27
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
Thats great to hear bro !! the plyo is the "mother" haha that one had me sore as hell for a good week after doing it but then the second time I came around to it I was jumping up and down like nothing and still had plenty of energy.....speaking of which today is plyo
I noticed my chest and arms are bigger, and I can see my abs more when I flex. lol

I do the chest and back on mon, core synergistics on tues, shoulders and arms on wed, chest shoulders and triceps on thurs, and back and biceps on fri. And then do the ab ripper x mon, wed, fri.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #28
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Finished my 90 days. I still do it 2 to 3 days a week, Ab ripper every other day and go to the gym 2 days a week. I dieted about 70%, lost 14lbs and went from 32 to 30 inch waist. I will continue to do this the rest of my life! Stick with it, IT WORKS!!!
Attached Images

2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote