Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
s1k0

Drives: Corvette C6
Is it worth it?

I might be in the wrong area asking the wrong question?
The problem is that I do not feel the same joy in my Camaro ever since I drove the C6 Corvette, it's not because of the power but as the car as a whole. I'm not sure if its worth giving up my pretty much dream car 2012 model with approx 19xx miles on it for a 2006-2008 c6 ( even though it is a corvette lol) with 75,xxx for example. I really want to but when I think about the new C7 it has me wondering when they come out is it as if a C5 pulls up next to a C6? ( No offense C5 owners I really like them also)

So What do you guys think? As I said I might be at the wrong place asking the wrong question lol.

Thanks!

Sold It..
s1k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
If you like the vette more the the Camaro, then trade. Nothing wrong with having what you want.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frid View Post
If you like the vette more the the Camaro, then trade. Nothing wrong with having what you want.
^^ This ^^

You only get one life. If you can make it happen, then do it. If you can't make it happen now. Find a way to make it happen later.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
yolo
Old 04-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
s1k0

Quote:
I love my car I feel bad about letting her go, but at the same time I love the 'vette.

Sold It..
Old 04-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1k0 View Post
I love my car I feel bad about letting her go, but at the same time I love the 'vette.
You're comparing two extremely different cars, and it's all about personal taste. Go with what you truly want.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #7
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Old 04-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
OP, get the car you want regardless of what might pull up next to you. There is always gonna be someone in a better car that will look down on your car, even if you're in your dream car. What matters is that you're enjoying your car better than they are enjoying theirs, lol!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #9
s1k0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
OP, get the car you want regardless of what might pull up next to you. There is always gonna be someone in a better car that will look down on your car, even if you're in your dream car. What matters is that you're enjoying your car better than they are enjoying theirs, lol!!
Well said, decisions decisions

Sold It..
Old 04-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #10
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Is it a case of "ooohhh! Shiny!" or is it a case of 'that's the car for me?'

I am a muslce car guy. Still own the one I bought in '89 and it was 20 years old then. I bought a sportscar in 2008. Great car, loved it. Had to trade it in, family members had a hard time getting in and out of it without pain.

When I got my camaro in June last year, I was 'back home'. It's my kind of car even though I loved the sportscar I'm a muscle car guy...but I'd make an exception for a '67 Corvette, you know, as a compromise. I'd suffer through it OK I guess
Old 04-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #11
Baylor16

Drives: 06' 350z 6M, Future: 13' VR 1le 6M
Do it man, if its what you really want. And if the c5 next to a c6 is about the performance then you have already done the same with your current camaro being a v6. like if a v8 came up next to you. Not making this a debate lol but if you can do it.
Baylor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #12
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
You have a bad case of v-8 envy.......... lol, should have got a ss, now your looking at a older vette.....shame, can not recommend prozac, just a trade in eventually to a SS...........ROFL, you might also like the next best thing coming out then another and another.......heck I could get a 2014 z-28 and retro fit a 2013 front and rear or put a 7 liter in mine, or get a c-7...naaaaaaaa don't have v-8 envy, have exactly the right car that can fit more than two people and wont jack up my insurance too high and is a retro hot rod/ classicly lined and has luxury sports car written all over it. It is the power as a whole.......LOL and the car has to what handle like a dream while your playing speed racer on the commute? I am sure most owners of corvettes are my age and its about prestiege alot and they make me laugh. Because there are faster, more comfortable, more luxurious, better handling , faster, more powerful cars......Getting one that fits you that you want to keep forever is hard especially at such a young age. I know now at my age if i had a 67 camaro ss I would have wanted to keep it forever, not just go through chevelles, novas, montecarlos, impalas, and I just kept building more and more rides and trading and finally said oh well at my age I am pretty tired of fixing up cars , get what I want and fix up one more and be happy. Because the older you get the more the meaning of life is love and happiness, and thats why I have my wife, my car, my house, 4 dogs and six cats......ROFL SO do what you want and be happy, but when your young you miss the hind sight that age brings, and you go through phases of being unhappy with what you have. We are all blessed, some of us just differently.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #13
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Get an insurance quote before you trade.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #14
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
You have a bad case of v-8 envy.......... lol, should have got a ss, now your looking at a older vette.....shame, can not recommend prozac, just a trade in eventually to a SS...........ROFL, you might also like the next best thing coming out then another and another.......heck I could get a 2014 z-28 and retro fit a 2013 front and rear or put a 7 liter in mine, or get a c-7...naaaaaaaa don't have v-8 envy, have exactly the right car that can fit more than two people and wont jack up my insurance too high and is a retro hot rod/ classicly lined and has luxury sports car written all over it. It is the power as a whole.......LOL and the car has to what handle like a dream while your playing speed racer on the commute? I am sure most owners of corvettes are my age and its about prestiege alot and they make me laugh. Because there are faster, more comfortable, more luxurious, better handling , faster, more powerful cars......Getting one that fits you that you want to keep forever is hard especially at such a young age. I know now at my age if i had a 67 camaro ss I would have wanted to keep it forever, not just go through chevelles, novas, montecarlos, impalas, and I just kept building more and more rides and trading and finally said oh well at my age I am pretty tired of fixing up cars , get what I want and fix up one more and be happy. Because the older you get the more the meaning of life is love and happiness, and thats why I have my wife, my car, my house, 4 dogs and six cats......ROFL SO do what you want and be happy, but when your young you miss the hind sight that age brings, and you go through phases of being unhappy with what you have. We are all blessed, some of us just differently.
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote