Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-09-2019, 07:57 PM   #57
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrsrs View Post
Does this setup make it hard to see the 4 pack Gauges?
That really depends on how tall you are and how you position your seat. I have the Scosche 2.0 and it barely blocks the top of the top two gaiges.
Old 08-30-2019, 03:47 PM   #58
SnakebiteSS

Drives: 2010 camaro SS
Sorry to revive a thread, this was the most current I could find. I am looking at buying the Scosche 2.0 kit, I have the Boston Acoustics system. Does the Scosche kit hook up to the boston acoustics amp or does that depend on the radio?

What do I specifically need to connect an aftermarket double din and the scosche kit to my factory amp?

Any help is greatly appreciated! I have been trying to search for a solid answer but have not found one.

Low Saturn, do you have the boston acoustics system???
Old 09-03-2019, 08:01 AM   #59
SnakebiteSS

Hey guys does anyone have any info for my question above? I have tried to find concrete answers but haven't found any. I'm ready to buy the kit and radio.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:48 AM   #60
cfosceola

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakebiteSS View Post
Hey guys does anyone have any info for my question above? I have tried to find concrete answers but haven't found any. I'm ready to buy the kit and radio.

https://maestro.idatalink.com/access...product_id/929
cfosceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:47 PM   #61
SnakebiteSS

Thank you for the response but I am asking about the Scosche kit 2.0
Old 09-05-2019, 12:11 AM   #62
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I have the 2.0 kit ans BA system. All you will need is the kit, HU, and if you have Onstar or SWC, you will need the modules for those separately.
Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:38 PM   #63
SnakebiteSS

Thank you so much
Old 09-08-2019, 12:02 AM   #64
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy87 View Post
I have the 2.0 kit ans BA system. All you will need is the kit, HU, and if you have Onstar or SWC, you will need the modules for those separately.
I'm using the Scosche 2.0 with a Pioneer and no SWC module was needed. The kit handles the SWC. Just have to select the type of radio in the options on the Scosche.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:28 AM   #65
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
I'm using the Scosche 2.0 with a Pioneer and no SWC module was needed. The kit handles the SWC. Just have to select the type of radio in the options on the Scosche.

Yes this. But from what I read, and talking with Scosche rep, some work and some may still require the module.
Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:00 PM   #66
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexiken View Post
Do you have a pic of the setup????

Sorry no I don't . The only picture I have with the Metra kit is the Kenwood I had in it before I switched to the JVC last year.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:49 PM   #67
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
I too am undecided between the PAC and Scosche 2.0. On the Scosche, if you didn't have your key handy and since the door locks are on the touch screen, are you unable to lock or unlock the car on the display? I presume the car has to be on for the touch screen to be functional. Other than appearance, does the PAC have features the Scosche 2.0 doesn't have?
Old 09-25-2019, 03:44 AM   #68
cfosceola

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandier View Post
I too am undecided between the PAC and Scosche 2.0. On the Scosche, if you didn't have your key handy and since the door locks are on the touch screen, are you unable to lock or unlock the car on the display? I presume the car has to be on for the touch screen to be functional. Other than appearance, does the PAC have features the Scosche 2.0 doesn't have?
You can unlock the doors from the door switch.
cfosceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:57 PM   #69
opossum

Drives: 2013
I own a my 2013 european Camaro, i have had Metra, then Scosche 1.0 and now PAC. The PAC kit is in my view the best, wich i have changed in my car. The unit is a Kenwood DNX8170DABs (DAB=Digital Audio Broadcast).

The Boston amplifier i have changed against a Kenwood KAC8406, i take the preouts from the Kenwood-unit to the Kenwood amplifier via chinchwires.
Attached Images

Chevrolet Camaro - V8 - MT - 2013 - European Version - Inferno Orange/ Inferno orange - ACC Sidemarker ghosted - Dash Kit PAC RPK5-GM4101 with DNX8170DABS - Amp KAC-8406 - Sub Pioneer TS-WX110A - Rear- and Front-Camera - ACC Mail Slot Scanner RGB - Pedders Sportsryder - painted parts in engine compartment - black powder coated original rims - H & R wheel plates 20mm front and rear axle - 1 LE steering wheel - MGW Short shifter replacement - aluminum door Pins - ACS T4 Splitter - us-mirrors - ZL1 side rockers - High Wing Spoiler

Last edited by opossum; 09-25-2019 at 05:58 PM. Reason: writemistakes
opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:33 PM   #70
TerribleTabo

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Coupe
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
My vote is for the Scosche 2.0 kit. Everything works well, love all the touch screens, and it looks the best imo.

Thanks for posting this pic. I’m looking for a dash kit like yours in silver. How has this been for you? Any problems with it since your post?

My cousin Also advised that if you buy from Best Buy they offer an installation service at certain locations.
TerribleTabo is offline   Reply With Quote