Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2013, 12:34 AM   #85
1969to2010
The Man in Black
 
1969to2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Camaro 2010 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 2,016
Also you can do the cat back yourself its an easy install
__________________
1969to2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #86
1969to2010
The Man in Black
 
1969to2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Camaro 2010 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 2,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS1991 View Post
Anyone know of a good muffler shop on long island or anywhere in ny for that matter?! A place who knows Camaros and is good with some pipe work... I am looking to get my 2013 2LS Camaro to sound better than stock and will do whatever I can, whatever can get me the most sound and rumble available from a v6 engine. I appreciate it! You guys have no idea what I have gone through in the past week!! Thanks again
A few of my buddy's with v6 cars seem to be happy with stock v8 exhaust , they really shouldn't cost too much
You can also cut out the stock mufflers for straight pipes there's a meineke on Hempstead tpke in bethpage accross from pathmark really good guy (Danny) great prices they have done a few muffler deletes on friends cars

After market there's mrt mbrp and another friend just got magnaflo and is pretty happy
__________________
1969to2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #87
RenegadeSS
 
RenegadeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LLT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Union City, NJ
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969to2010 View Post
A few of my buddy's with v6 cars seem to be happy with stock v8 exhaust , they really shouldn't cost too much
You can also cut out the stock mufflers for straight pipes there's a meineke on Hempstead tpke in bethpage accross from pathmark really good guy (Danny) great prices they have done a few muffler deletes on friends cars

After market there's mrt mbrp and another friend just got magnaflo and is pretty happy
Not a big fan of meineke. All they have in stock are aluminized steel. Unless you bring your own stainless pipe, and weld rods. That's all you get. Especially up here with all the salt on the road. It won't hold up too well. I was thinking about getting an ss exhaust and do a muffler delete.
__________________
RenegadeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #88
kennyo
 
kennyo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Port jeff sta.,long island,ny
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeSS View Post
Not a big fan of meineke. All they have in stock are aluminized steel. Unless you bring your own stainless pipe, and weld rods. That's all you get. Especially up here with all the salt on the road. It won't hold up too well. I was thinking about getting an ss exhaust and do a muffler delete.
Yea,I usually order mine online and bring it into the shop.
__________________
Mods-Painted Crystal Red Tintcoat Rally Stripes,Rotofab CAI,Dynatech ZL1 long tube headers and high flow cats with Borla S-Type catback exhaust,JRE tune,SS badges on trunk and grille,SM Tach chrome rims,Kenwood DNX890hd head unit,Hybrid audio clarus component set and Mirus 6x9 speakers,JL XD 700/5 amp.
kennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #89
JohnS1991
 
JohnS1991's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Shelby GT500
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 70
Hey everyone, new question here! What changes would one do to make their 2012/13 Camaro a tad louder than stock? I'm not talking an entire new exhaust or muffler delete, as those make the car go from almost silent to loud. I am talking about not having a stock v6 sound on the car and sounding like every other v6 camaro with the same stock sound. I would like to know what is in-between if there is such a thing! What will make the car louder than when it was started on day 1 out of dealer? Nothing that creates drone and much in cabin sound, but something outside that sounds a drop deeper and louder both at start-up, idle and revving... This is aside from trying to get a ton of sound, or the most sound possible for this car, this is just about getting it louder, but not Noisy annoying LOUD if that makes sense!! If this was a car for fun, I would certainly not mind annoying, window shattering loudness, but this is the car I have to take every single day of my life to work and school!! So enough sound that makes people say, my camaros not that loud, or that car has a nice sound, not oh my gosh, that is crazy loud, what kind of car is it!!
JohnS1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #90
iLLmaTic3s
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 279
many v6 exhausts can be raspy or give much drone. honestly the best option for a little more rumble, less drone and nice sound is the magnaflow axel back or solo cat back with the j pipes. There are some others, but these setups do sound good. also if your looking to do headers, the sound will change. don't do the v8 swap...so much drone! heard it in person.

honestly check out some youtube video's with headphones on or come to a local car show that has some camaro's to hear some exhausts.
iLLmaTic3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #91
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY
 
Wikedwil's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Latham N.Y.
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS1991 View Post
Hey everyone, new question here! What changes would one do to make their 2012/13 Camaro a tad louder than stock? I'm not talking an entire new exhaust or muffler delete, as those make the car go from almost silent to loud. I am talking about not having a stock v6 sound on the car and sounding like every other v6 camaro with the same stock sound. I would like to know what is in-between if there is such a thing! What will make the car louder than when it was started on day 1 out of dealer? Nothing that creates drone and much in cabin sound, but something outside that sounds a drop deeper and louder both at start-up, idle and revving... This is aside from trying to get a ton of sound, or the most sound possible for this car, this is just about getting it louder, but not Noisy annoying LOUD if that makes sense!! If this was a car for fun, I would certainly not mind annoying, window shattering loudness, but this is the car I have to take every single day of my life to work and school!! So enough sound that makes people say, my camaros not that loud, or that car has a nice sound, not oh my gosh, that is crazy loud, what kind of car is it!!
I put the exhaust from a SS on my 2012 v6. It's not bad. Complete exhaust slips on. I paid $150 for it, plus what my mechanic charged. However if you want something "brand name" Solo was the best I've heard in person. JMO Good luck.
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:26 AM   #92
Zuumy
 
Zuumy's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2015 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 79
Send a message via Skype™ to Zuumy
I live in ny Staten Island exactly. If you know of any events or want to chill email me at vladshurigin@gmail.com
Zuumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #93
pjm333
 
pjm333's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 66
Mount Vernon, NY in CT/Stamford often !
pjm333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #94
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
Staten island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuumy View Post
I live in ny Staten Island exactly. If you know of any events or want to chill email me at vladshurigin@gmail.com
I see a lot of camaros on this island and only two post here besides myself

Ill be happy to talk with any of you guys send me a message I'm happy to help as much as I can
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #95
mydreamcar
My Dream Car
 
mydreamcar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: staten island
Posts: 1,535
their is a SI club, they used to meet on Wednesdays, but haven't seen anything on a while, usually I meet with the guys for NY5thgen, very large club, their is a big meeting at Floyd bennet field 6/23. ck out ny5thgen.com
mydreamcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #96
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
their is a SI club, they used to meet on Wednesdays, but haven't seen anything on a while, usually I meet with the guys for NY5thgen, very large club, their is a big meeting at Floyd bennet field 6/23. ck out ny5thgen.com
I met with the ny crew a couple times, too many egos for me just wasn't fun

Where does the SI club meet? I literally see 10 camaros a day out here
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #97
1969to2010
The Man in Black
 
1969to2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Camaro 2010 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 2,016
I don't recall ever meeting you what events did you come to?
The SI crew are good people

You should come check out FBF it's a really nice meet, and Im not sure who you met but we have some really great people in the NY crew
__________________

Last edited by 1969to2010; 06-17-2013 at 09:09 PM.
1969to2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #98
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,348
Doubt we met, I met a couple younger guys through a friend and there was some high school drama then some other guys acting like a Lil school girl just weird group I met

I'm not trying to bad mouth the crew I'm sure your a great group of guys and gals, I did meet one really nice guy at the orchard beach car show last summer but forget his name though
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.