Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

View Poll Results: Bowling Green again?
Yes for 2016 153 65.38%
Out West or somewhere else 1st 81 34.62%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2015, 03:56 PM   #183
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
BG was great, and I would love to see Fest back there..... in a few years.

The great thing about fest is getting to road trip in a baddazz car to different areas of the country.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:02 PM   #184
HaulnSS
2013 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 Dual Mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Number of camaros isn't really important. It's camaros vs cost of the venue that matters. saying that, I have no doubt there would be 800 camaros, easy. There was 600 in 2011.

And about your previous post, so you are just trolling. That's nice.

I personally don't care where fest is. I always try my hardest to make it. I've been to AZ and Indy fests. People who think the fest should be in the middle of the country is fair, should live on either coast. Pretty close minded to think fest should stay in the middle of the country. It makes absolutely no sense and is very selfish.
I will say, I do live somewhat centrally, so this might be considered selfish..

But, Most of the US, east of the Mississippi is a 24hr drive to Vegas. Easily out of reach for most the eastern US. Some place like Oklahoma City (for example) is approximately 24hrs, from Maine...Seattle....Washington....Florida....Califo rnia

I don't believe that makes anyone closer, "selfish" I think it makes the most sense to accommodate the most people you can.

I for one, will consider any venue proposed, but not everyone has the flexibility.

Hurst, Mojave Interior, 20% tint, Dual Mode Exhaust, ZL1 Splitter, ZL1 rockers, Blade spoiler, 3D Carbon rear quarter spats, CAI, Headers, M2W, catch can, apex scoop, LED DRL's, smoke side markers, billet aluminum SS emblems, Street Scene lower grill with scoops, BMR subframe connectors, lowering springs, bushings. Forgeline 20" w Nitto 315/275
HaulnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:02 PM   #185
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
I would do it again for sure!! Great venue, even though it was a drive for us folks in South Texas, I would fo sho do it again! I say YES! YES!!!

A drive is when you come from MINNESOTA to BAYTOWN,TX for a FEST now THATS a DRIVE LOL 1576 miles ONE way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
So i'm less ejumucated then the rest of you west coast people but it's known we had a fest in AZ and TX last i checked my history anything west of the mississippi is considered west? Now i understand the arguement with Indy 2 years in a row but thats about the only arguement to be sensibly had. It'll be a drive for someone the fact of the matter is even when it's been geologically out west more east coasters show then west coast people maybe i'm wrong but wasn't that the case for TX. Not sure what the turnout for AZ was at all missed that whole game but i hear a ton of whining from the SoCal region when you've had 2 easily accessible fests for your area in TX and AZ it's not like you live north of san francisco or something. I did the math for fun to, for me to drive to Bowling Green, KY from New Hampshire where i live citywise is roughly 1,100 miles depending on exact route. For you to make Baytown, TX from say SoCal/San Diego as my reference is 1,500 miles neither trip is small but i'm not seeing your distance arguement from where i live.
Now your funny, at the time of the AZ fest, GM only had some 175K of the new Gen5 Camaro made and or sold, that was 4 1/2 years ago, so to say that the 600 cars that made the fest was not a lot is nuts, if you had that same turn out at the last fest, there needed to be some 1500+ cars, there was not that many, i have been to 4 fest, i liked BG but i liked AZ too, time to move it ones more, lets do Utah lots of good tracks there, that way we can have it in the summer.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:42 PM   #186
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
With the release of the 6th Gen, next year's FEST will have strong attendance. Running the FEST out of the same location is easier. I vote we give the moderators a break and let them do BG again. If we roll into BG, the Mods can focus on FEST 2017 at a new high profile location. Bigger venues require longer range planning. Who knows, they maybe way ahead of us on this.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:08 PM   #187
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
At what point do the westerners just stop giving a shit or coming all together? Or have they a long time ago?
Old 08-19-2015, 07:18 PM   #188
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
How about they do a West Coast, Middle and east Coast. One each year and than rotate them out. Than Everybody gets a "closer" to them venue. I know then the North & South will complain. Good luck figuring this out.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:39 PM   #189
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
North and south been complaining for almost 200 years....
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:35 PM   #190
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post

Now your funny, at the time of the AZ fest, GM only had some 175K of the new Gen5 Camaro made and or sold, that was 4 1/2 years ago, so to say that the 600 cars that made the fest was not a lot is nuts, if you had that same turn out at the last fest, there needed to be some 1500+ cars, there was not that many, i have been to 4 fest, i liked BG but i liked AZ too, time to move it ones more, lets do Utah lots of good tracks there, that way we can have it in the summer.
Yes i am funny but no where in that post did i say their were to little cars at AZ, i simply said the west coast turnout wasn't what it should have been given the year in and out griping they have about it not being out west. AZ was practically down the road for SoCal region and i know for a fact their turnout wasn't that great that doesn't mean in the past 4+ years they havent grown but Baytown, TX will be my next arguement another awesome fest with a lackluster west coast turnout when you take into consideration the distance gripes they have against the east coast fests Baytown was more or less dead center for travel for most regions.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:03 PM   #191
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Yes i am funny but no where in that post did i say their were to little cars at AZ, i simply said the west coast turnout wasn't what it should have been given the year in and out griping they have about it not being out west. AZ was practically down the road for SoCal region and i know for a fact their turnout wasn't that great that doesn't mean in the past 4+ years they havent grown but Baytown, TX will be my next arguement another awesome fest with a lackluster west coast turnout when you take into consideration the distance gripes they have against the east coast fests Baytown was more or less dead center for travel for most regions.
Unfortunately, Baytown, TX is still 1573 miles or a 23 hour drive, not exactly close...closer than Bowling Green, by about 7 hours, which is a 30 hour drive from LA...I'm sure I have put way more miles on my Camaro's doing road trips than most on here, but not everyone has the time to do that and when the choice is the same year after year since the 2011 Fest, many have been unable to attend a fest. If the fest had been in Arizona for 4 years, the rest of the country would be bitching about access....
Old 08-20-2015, 05:16 AM   #192
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
It's time to be appreciative that the option of a camaro fest is even offered.

The people who put the time and effort in to make it happen could say F it guys and I am sure topics like these push their decision that way.

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:16 AM   #193
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
North and south been complaining for almost 200 years....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
It's time to be appreciative that the option of a camaro fest is even offered.

The people who put the time and effort in to make it happen could say F it guys and I am sure topics like these push their decision that way.

Ryan
Nope. These guys 'get' it. I know them all well enough to know that. I'm sure they get irritated but they understand what is needed and enjoy doing it.

But more to your point, we better hope someone is willing to do it. Because there really is no money made to be worth Tran to have to pay someone to do it.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:32 AM   #194
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Most events don't move. They are in the same location every year. My 2 cents would be to put down roots somewhere, make improvements, and use the time and effort saved over reinventing the wheel every year into doing some promotion outside of just Camaro5. I remember in Indy the 2nd year some of our folks ran into a couple local Camaros at a gas station that had no idea there was a major event was going on in their back yard.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:59 AM   #195
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
Most events don't move. They are in the same location every year. My 2 cents would be to put down roots somewhere, make improvements, and use the time and effort saved over reinventing the wheel every year into doing some promotion outside of just Camaro5. I remember in Indy the 2nd year some of our folks ran into a couple local Camaros at a gas station that had no idea there was a major event was going on in their back yard.
This is what I said years ago in the '2 Fests per Year' discussion. One in the west and one in the east. I had said it would need to be at the same place every year on each side. And I had bet that the east would show way more attendance.

The F-Body Gathering is on it's way out. I guess nothing lasts forever.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:42 AM   #196
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
I'd love to see the FEST back in Bowling Green next year. It was a great venue in an area that knows how to cater to a large automobile crowd. Being that the 6th Gen will be out, the FEST should be very well attended.

Look forward to how this all plays out! Thanks again to the Admins for all their work!

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

bhillakaiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote