Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #351
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
R&D is done, or so I thought.
They were making a production run and finally were going to provide numbers almost everybody has asked for and are still here because they also want to see the numbers.
If they weren't going to show something then why dangle it out there and get everybody worked up about it. That's what's f-d up.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:48 PM   #352
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
R&D is done, or so I thought.
They were making a production run and finally were going to provide numbers almost everybody has asked for and are still here because they also want to see the numbers.
If they weren't going to show something then why dangle it out there and get everybody worked up about it. That's what's f-d up.
well that is why I said their big mistake was giving too much info, because if something happens everyone gets upset. info was way too specific so everyone is counting minutes. I am not putting anyone down I just think a little patience would serve everyone well. I wouldn't have been that specific it is always good to have a buffer if something unexpected happens that is all.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:59 PM   #353
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Dang, but I'm patient, and willing to wait until tomorrow, so we'll see.

If there are no updates throughout tomorrow, the are certainly issues going on.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:23 PM   #354
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
give them time to get through all the data...I mean if they spent all day testing (& it's only 8PM there), they may not have eveything sorted thru yet...plus ronslo has been doing a better job at keeping us updated than vararam, but if vararam says don't release numbers yet, he won't be able to tell us much more than he already has (what his butt-dyno has been telling him) lol
Old 03-31-2011, 09:27 PM   #355
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
First off, sorry for not posting at all today. Today was not a day off of work for me so in between dyno runs I was busy getting my job done. My boss was kind enough to let me work offsite but I was still expected to get my work done.

Now, on to the fun stuff.... DYNO RESULTS!!!

Since we've been running the Vararam intake on my car since last month, we did runs with their intake first. We allowed cool down time between each run but if you've ever touched the aluminum intake manifold on your car, you'll notice it retains heat long after you shut off the engine. We put a couple of different intakes on, one was made with production tooling and the other was the final prototype, just for comparison. Once we were done getting results for the Vararam intake, we swapped back over to the stock setup. Just as there is when switching from stock to aftermarket, there is needed ECU learn time to adjust the long term fuel trims, timing, and MAF scaling. We figured about 30 or so miles would be enough for the ECU to correct back to stock but it looks like it'll be more. So, I'm putting miles on the stock unit tonight and in the morning then we'll hit the dyno again to get base stock numbers at that dyno. I've already had my car on a few dynos with the stock airbox and it usually pulls in the mid-upper 240hp range and around 228-232lbft.

Having said that, here's the dyno chart for today's best run with the production Vararam intake...

How'd they do????
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2011, 09:34 PM   #356
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thanks for the update. I gotta say, that looks pretty promising It would be nice to see the stock vs Vararam on the same graph, though. Maybe once all the data is in? Were there nice gains all across the RPM range, or only higher up?

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:35 PM   #357
Hollywood2

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Whaaaaat?? That looks pretty impressive if I'm reading that right
Hollywood2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:37 PM   #358
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Thanks for the update. I gotta say, that looks pretty promising It would be nice to see the stock vs Vararam on the same graph, though. Maybe once all the data is in? Were there nice gains all across the RPM range, or only higher up?
The gains are across the entire RPM range. I forgot how pathetic the stock air box is and it was pretty clear that the ECU was getting much closer to stock values by the time I got home tonight. Especially in the sub 2500 rpm area. All of that is gone with the Vararam intake.

Overlay with the stock results should be ready tomorrow. I'll try to get the stock run results posted earlier tomorrow than I did today.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #359
Trnsfmr

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Yellow/Black stripes
Sold!
Trnsfmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #360
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Unless you go back and end up dynoing around the 260 HP range with the stocker......

CALL ME SUPER IMPRESSED!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #361
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Those gains look very good. Cant wait to get my hands on one!
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:45 PM   #362
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:03 PM   #363
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
i guess i was wrong!

now we come back to the waiting game to when they will be released and when the stock dyno will come
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:16 PM   #364
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Thumbs up

If his dyno numbers are consistant stock than that mean the gain is around 30hp and 20lb tq, which are right around vararam numbers. I never doubted and never was going to opt for any other intake even if I had to wait another month.
Vararam is king period
Now when can we order this??
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote