Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #43
Gi0vanni2ss

Drives: 2010 2ss Camaro
mine is coming off too! ... ( 2010 ss thats calls NY home)...did anyone find the replaement rubber?
Gi0vanni2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:56 PM   #44
cgreenfield

Drives: White
Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. The same thing happened to me. Have you found out a solution or know where to get them? Because I still have not found anywhere to get them at.
cgreenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:45 PM   #45
huff

Drives: 2SS 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Hernandez View Post
Has anybody had the gray rubber on there volume knob come off?Mine seemed to get loose and fell off a couple of days ago i put it back on but it still looked loose!Well this morning I get back in my car and the rubber was real bad to the point that it wouldn't even go back on the knob!

I went to my dealer today and they told me that the rubber probably fell off due to the this Texas heat thats been going on for so long.They also told me GM didn't make just the rubber part and that I would have to order a whole new faceplate for the radio?Does anybody know if this is true or if maybe I could find the rubber part somewhere else?I think it would be real dumb of GM to make there customers have to buy a whole new faceplate just because the cheap rubber they used fell off!

I don't know if this has happened to anybody on this site but the radio sure does look ugly with the rubber part missing on the knob!I didn't ask how much the faceplate would be but im pretty sure it wont be under $300.So with that money i would much rather put in a little extra and buy myself a nice touch screen radio or something.
same thing happened to me this last summer my dealership said it would cost $855.50 for the entire faceplate. What did you end up replacing it with?
huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:19 PM   #46
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by huff View Post
same thing happened to me this last summer my dealership said it would cost $855.50 for the entire faceplate. What did you end up replacing it with?
Your dealer is wrong. You can find faceplates on Ebay for less than $200 all day long. In fact, there's a vendor on there right now selling brand new ones, not refurbished, for $99.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote