Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #15
zz430camaro

Drives: 2015 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
I love my 1LE but completely disagree on not needing more power. These cars are heavy and imho it could use another 100-150hp.
Yep, I am about 100 rwhp more than factory and its much more fun! Also about 130 lbs lighter that stock at 3730 lbs (1/8 tank of gas)
zz430camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:36 PM   #16
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz430camaro View Post
Yep, I am about 100 rwhp more than factory and its much more fun! Also about 130 lbs lighter that stock at 3730 lbs (1/8 tank of gas)
Nice!! I’m looking forward to adding power. My only screw up was agreeing to wait until the power train warranty was up. March of 2020. Ugh... lol what was I thinking.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:28 AM   #17
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
I really enjoy mine as well. Bought it new in 2015 after a pretty exhaustive narrowing down of several other vehicles I was looking into. 22k miles later, I still really enjoy driving it, and have had far more fun in this vehicle than in any other one I've owned.

Can't say I'll never ever get rid of it (there's a local 6th gen Z06 that is tempting me), but I'm certainly happy with it.
I've got two boys and listening to them go, "The G's daddy! The G's!!" as they fight to stay vertical in their seats puts far too much of a grin on my face to trade in for a two-seater.

We've also used this car a number of times for family road trips. This summer we did a 4-day weekend in Kennebunkport Maine and used the 1LE. Getting a Vette would mean having to do that trip in our B9 Tribeca or the Ascent my wife wants to replace the Tribeca with.

No thank you. But the Z06 is a wonderful car. The Gen6 anyway. I'm not a fan of the C7 in any flavor except the Grand Sport.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:32 AM   #18
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
I love my 1LE but completely disagree on not needing more power. These cars are heavy and imho it could use another 100-150hp.
Have you taken your car to a track yet (not a drag strip, a track)? I've gotten sideways in 4th. In 4th.

A little poo came out. Okay, okay. Not just a little.

My fastest car before this had 190HP and it was divine at the track. If you took 50 HP out of this car, I wouldn't care much.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 03:33 PM   #19
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
Have you taken your car to a track yet (not a drag strip, a track)? I've gotten sideways in 4th. In 4th.

A little poo came out. Okay, okay. Not just a little.

My fastest car before this had 190HP and it was divine at the track. If you took 50 HP out of this car, I wouldn't care much.
I sure have and it need more power. Lol
Old 11-04-2018, 03:56 PM   #20
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
I've got two boys and listening to them go, "The G's daddy! The G's!!" as they fight to stay vertical in their seats puts far too much of a grin on my face to trade in for a two-seater.

We've also used this car a number of times for family road trips. This summer we did a 4-day weekend in Kennebunkport Maine and used the 1LE. Getting a Vette would mean having to do that trip in our B9 Tribeca or the Ascent my wife wants to replace the Tribeca with.

No thank you. But the Z06 is a wonderful car. The Gen6 anyway. I'm not a fan of the C7 in any flavor except the Grand Sport.
I'm sure that's a blast. No kids here, but the additional impracticality does bother me a bit with the C6. Road trips are easy as pie in the Camaro.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:59 PM   #21
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Quote:
I sure have and it need more power. Lol
I'm at about 420 to the wheels with bolt ons and a tune. To me, the car has more potential than I have skill at this point. And on a track, more hp isn't going to make me apex any better or brake any later

More power is always fun, the problem is that you tend to acclimate to it pretty quickly, and then it simply becomes typical.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:23 PM   #22
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
I'm at about 420 to the wheels with bolt ons and a tune. To me, the car has more potential than I have skill at this point. And on a track, more hp isn't going to make me apex any better or brake any later

More power is always fun, the problem is that you tend to acclimate to it pretty quickly, and then it simply becomes typical.
I agree on all points. I can not drive the car to 100% of it’s potential on track. That being said I spend far less time on any track than I do on the twisty roads here in the rolling hills of Tennessee. Or the highway...etc and in those instances the car is “dare I say it” kind of a dog. Putting my flame suite on!!!
Old 11-04-2018, 07:51 PM   #23
1LEJNG

Drives: Red Hot 2014 1LE
Who

Quote:
Nice!! I’m looking forward to adding power. My only screw up was agreeing to wait until the power train warranty was up. March of 2020. Ugh... lol what was I thinking.
Who did you agree with?
1LEJNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:01 PM   #24
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEJNG View Post
Who did you agree with?
Not following your question. Every post I’ve made has had a quote. So I was responding to the quote in my post.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:58 PM   #25
jpimlott

Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE Red Hot Camaro
I agree with 100% with your assessment. I recently did a rather sporty trip up a canyon road. The car was so composed. I hit a bump land pull foot out for a second then keep going. I could feel the backend want to move around a little with lots of throttle but not get out of shape and into a wall or off a cliff. The ride is a little stiff but the payback when canyon carving is well worth it.
People are amazed when I tell them it is 100% stock.
A friend says not stock but factory tuned. I am like 'what ever' just try to hang with me in the twisties.
John
Old 12-08-2018, 01:06 AM   #26
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Love your write up! I haven’t been here for a while and it’s nice to see you again and read this. I love my 1LE so much I’m seriously thinking about putting the Chevy performance LS7 and heads in it. Comes with an ecu tune from Chevy and is not CARB legal in 50 states.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:30 AM   #27
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Don't have the 1LE, but have all of the parts, save the transmission. Just love it. The looks and purist nature of the car are what I like.

Engine still stock and on a big track like COTA the GT3s are easily faster. I feel even Caymans, more of a driver's race, assuming both cars on street tires.

54K on car and runs new. BTW I have Goodyear G3s on Gen6 wheels (same specs as Gen5) and they are amazing. This could be the biggest reason for the better Gen6 track times.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:24 PM   #28
Vjc834

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
I had a 2011 Camaro 2LT RS which I loved to drive but wasn’t happy with not having a V8 so I searched the local dealers constantly and I just happened to come across my 1LE. I couldn’t get to the dealer fast enough. I never drove my 2011 in the rain but I drove it to the dealer in a downpour that day. That was the only time my 1LE ever saw the rain as well, at least while I’ve owned it.
Vjc834 is offline   Reply With Quote