Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #1
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Question quick question on railcar/railroad tracking

Who do I get my railcar # from? I forgot since it's been 3 years since I tracked my first order...my bad. :(

in advance!
Old 04-15-2014, 10:48 PM   #2
ProfessorRhone

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE
I've never tracked one before, but will be soon, and from the posts I've read your dealer is about the only one who can get the # of the rail-car your Camaro is on. Though, apparently some of them don't know how?!?!? They need to contact the Dealer Business Center I believe (can't say for sure)....I know I saw a post about it but think it's buried in the order tracking thread, I'll see if I can find it but no promises....

**EDIT: Found it, from the wonderful BeckyD in the tracking thread...

Quote:
The ordering dealer can get rail number...
On the... Order..Event History
or
By calling the Dealer Business Center.
BOOMER...
Dual-Mode, Recaros, Sunroof, Nav
----------------------------------------
ZL1 Rockers
RPI Stealth Splash Guards
De-badged (except blacked-out front bowtie)

Last edited by ProfessorRhone; 04-15-2014 at 11:14 PM.
ProfessorRhone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #3
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorRhone View Post
I've never tracked one before, but will be soon, and from the posts I've read your dealer is about the only one who can get the # of the rail-car your Camaro is on. Though, apparently some of them don't know how?!?!? They need to contact the Dealer Business Center I believe (can't say for sure)....I know I saw a post about it but think it's buried in the order tracking thread, I'll see if I can find it but no promises....

Maybe someone else can shed more light...

BOOMER...
Thanks! Now that you mentioned it, I think that is correct...your dealer can get it for you. Like I said, I had totally forgot that little tidbit!
and...Sooner!
Old 04-15-2014, 11:17 PM   #4
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

And a BIG Congrats on your new ride, Professor!
Perma-grin is a good thing!
Old 04-16-2014, 03:48 AM   #5
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
I never got a rail number but I had a salesman whose routine was to check on it first thing every morning and report to me. So I'd get emails from him such as...

... It left Oshawa
... It went through Detroit last night
... It's in Lima OH
... It arrived at the truck depot at 3:30 AM

So, the dealer can track it for you if they want to (and this should be a routine part of the deal). It took from Monday to Friday to get it unloaded off the rail, onto a truck for the two hour haul to my dealer. And, the closer it gets, the more you want it!

Last edited by Indydriver; 04-16-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Indydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:41 AM   #6
ProfessorRhone

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
And a BIG Congrats on your new ride, Professor!
Perma-grin is a good thing!
Thanks! Can't wait till it gets here!! Enjoy your Spring Special Edition, the white w/BRM stripes looks real good!!
Dual-Mode, Recaros, Sunroof, Nav
----------------------------------------
ZL1 Rockers
RPI Stealth Splash Guards
De-badged (except blacked-out front bowtie)

Last edited by ProfessorRhone; 04-16-2014 at 11:03 AM.
ProfessorRhone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:07 PM   #7
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
I never got a rail number but I had a salesman whose routine was to check on it first thing every morning and report to me. So I'd get emails from him such as...

... It left Oshawa
... It went through Detroit last night
... It's in Lima OH
... It arrived at the truck depot at 3:30 AM

So, the dealer can track it for you if they want to (and this should be a routine part of the deal). It took from Monday to Friday to get it unloaded off the rail, onto a truck for the two hour haul to my dealer. And, the closer it gets, the more you want it!
Indy,
lucky indeed to have a salesman that would check the location every morning after your car was shipped. And I agree....should be a 'mandatory' courtesy!
I think my salesman will be glad to get me out of his hair....lol.

Any decision yet on the clear bra/ppf?
Old 04-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #8
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorRhone View Post
Thanks! Can't wait till it gets here!! Enjoy your Spring Special Edition, the white w/BRM stripes looks real good!!
Thanks!
Your CRT is gonna look killer too...especially with that matt black hood on the 1LEs.
Hope everything goes smooth for you!
Old 04-16-2014, 04:27 PM   #9
Indydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
Any decision yet on the clear bra/ppf?
I told the guy that I gagged on his quote. He came back $200 lower on the whole deal but then quoted $1095 for the hood, fenders, bumpers and mirrors (2 kits). That's much more reasonable. I'm thinking about it.

But, I just visited my tuner this am and put down $1300 on my headers and tune so he could get the parts ordered. He also carries VMax ported throttle bodies so I'm going to have him throw one on while he's at it then I won't have to hassle with the core exchange. We scheduled the work May 20 because we're both busy. That will also allow me to put 1000 miles plus on the car under full warranty and have it essentially broken-in before it goes on the dyno. It will be interesting to see the baseline dyno with CAI.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #10
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
I told the guy that I gagged on his quote. He came back $200 lower on the whole deal but then quoted $1095 for the hood, fenders, bumpers and mirrors (2 kits). That's much more reasonable. I'm thinking about it.

But, I just visited my tuner this am and put down $1300 on my headers and tune so he could get the parts ordered. He also carries VMax ported throttle bodies so I'm going to have him throw one on while he's at it then I won't have to hassle with the core exchange. We scheduled the work May 20 because we're both busy. That will also allow me to put 1000 miles plus on the car under full warranty and have it essentially broken-in before it goes on the dyno. It will be interesting to see the baseline dyno with CAI.
That's more in line, I think. Plus, that's covering the front of the car, which definitely receives the worst the road has to offer, IMO. This is about what I've got on my car, and I know for a fact, that some pretty BIG hard shelled bugs have flown into the front of my car as I was going 70-75 mph, and if I hadn't had the ppf, I'd of had a pretty ugly paint ding for sure. LOL!
Another hazard here in OOOKlahoma, is a plethora of dump and gravel trucks. I cringe when I see a dump truck ahead of me; I'll just about take an exit and go 10 miles out of my way to avoid them...lol...not really, but I give them a healthy half mile gap.

We had given some thought to putting headers on the RS, but hubby is undecided. I think he will eventually do it, since it will become his "project" car at some point. Our goal someday will be to do a cam and headers on the Spring Edition, not necessarily to race it, but just for the pleasure of the lope and knowing you've got the power in the event you need it....like to silence an obnoxious someone at a red light. haha!

Hope all your mods go smoothly and makes your heart race with joy when you drive your beast down the street!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:43 AM   #11
Indydriver

Thanks CK. Same for you. Can't wait to see your pics. I don't think anyone on this forum has posted pics of a member owned SSE. And I know I haven't seen it in coupe form, so I am looking forward to your joy upon delivery.

One thing I don't see talked about much is the comfort of these standard seats. I'm a big guy and there is more leg and head room than I can use and your back will love the comfort of these seats. There's not a lot of lateral support but for everyday driving, I find them to be very comfortable. Of course, I haven't taken a long trip yet but I'm expecting they will also be comfy for the long haul.

Now that your car is made, the Chevy web tracker is completely worthless. You will need updates from your salesman or Becky. Of course it's in line for stripes now and the next question is, when does it leave the plant? I'm truly excited for you. I love every moment in this car.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:06 PM   #12
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Thanks CK. Same for you. Can't wait to see your pics. I don't think anyone on this forum has posted pics of a member owned SSE. And I know I haven't seen it in coupe form, so I am looking forward to your joy upon delivery.

One thing I don't see talked about much is the comfort of these standard seats. I'm a big guy and there is more leg and head room than I can use and your back will love the comfort of these seats. There's not a lot of lateral support but for everyday driving, I find them to be very comfortable. Of course, I haven't taken a long trip yet but I'm expecting they will also be comfy for the long haul.

Now that your car is made, the Chevy web tracker is completely worthless. You will need updates from your salesman or Becky. Of course it's in line for stripes now and the next question is, when does it leave the plant? I'm truly excited for you. I love every moment in this car.
Boy, that's the truth! LOL. I notified my dealer yesterday that I would be needing my rail car number when it was available, and he acted surprised....said he didn't know anything about that! I told him according to my journal when I ordered my 2012 2LT RS, he indeed, gave me the railcar #. I told him it's on the GMGlobalConnects order event history or to call the GM Business Dealer Center. Got an email back and he said, "oh, OK." lol.

I think the seats are very comfortable in the Camaro. My hubby is just right at 6' tall, and the only complaint he has is that he has to take off his ball cap when he drives my car. LOL. The other thing that bothers him a bit, is getting in and out since it's so low. I've learned how to enter and exit gracefully, except when my back is acting up....then I'm a bit slower and less 'graceful'...lol.

Back is feeling somewhat better today; hopefully maybe one more injection and I'll be good to go! Squeaky joints, root canals, and bi-focals stink the big one! hah hah!