Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wash/Wax/Detailing and Cosmetic Maintenance Parts

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #15
southerncarparts

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaron View Post
I have the form fit indoor cover and love it. Could you go over the washing instructions for it? Thanks!
Here you go, straight from Covercraft:

NEVER...Clean a car cover in a washer with a center agitator (except WeatherShield fabric covers).
NEVER...Use fabric softener.
NEVER...Dry a non-woven or specialty type cover in a dryer.
(WeatherShield fabric & Form-Fit covers can be dried in a dryer with regular heat; Polycotton, Cotton and Flannel can be dried on low heat.)

1 - Using a large commercial washer without agitator, wash the cover using 1/4 cup of Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner (some WeatherShield covers are compact enough to be washed in a normal size washer). Put the cover in the washer and pour the cleaner in the tub after it’s filled with warm water or pour it directly in the machine (some wall mounted commercial units), then put in the cover and start the machine .
2 - Rinse the cover twice (2X) to remove all the cleaner.
3 - Air dry (unless it’s one of the covers noted above that can be dried in a dryer with regular or low heat).

A cover may also be cleaned by turning it inside-out on the vehicle.
1 - Mix one ounce Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner per quart of warm water.
2 - Spray or sponge onto cover.
3 - Rinse with plain water (until no suds) and allow to air dry.

Covercraft Cleaning Instructions

As for what they say about the Form-Fit being dryable in a machine, I'd use low heat or air dry/tumble settings instead of regular, just to be safe.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
Matt
southerncarparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:51 AM   #16
White Shark

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Covercraft, coverbond4
Attached Images

White Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #17
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Batmobile View Post
Covercraft, coverbond4
Looks great! Thanks for sharing the photo!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 09-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #18
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
..what is this 'car cover season' you speak of.....?
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #19
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I went to the link above & all the different covers confused me. My Husband is looking for a cover for his Crossfire. The Camaros are in the garage but the Crossfire has to live under the carport. The poor thing gets covered in dust then when it is humid moisture forms under the carport & makes it "rain" huge dirty drops all over the car. He loves his little Crossfire too. Which cover would be best for these conditions in our four equal seasons Tennessee weather (including storms, wind, snow, etc)? Do you make one for the Crossfire?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #20
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I went to the link above & all the different covers confused me. My Husband is looking for a cover for his Crossfire. The Camaros are in the garage but the Crossfire has to live under the carport. The poor thing gets covered in dust then when it is humid moisture forms under the carport & makes it "rain" huge dirty drops all over the car. He loves his little Crossfire too. Which cover would be best for these conditions in our four equal seasons Tennessee weather (including storms, wind, snow, etc)? Do you make one for the Crossfire?
For a four seasons carport covered car, I would absolutely recommend the NOAH. It's a great outdoor cover, and it's not too expensive--since he has the comfort of the carport protecting from direct weather. It's easy to clean, completely water proof, and will help keep dirt and dust off of the vehicle. It is also available for the Crossfire. You can order it through the Covercraft Custom Car Cover Configurator. Just go to the bottom of the page and select your vehicle from the drop-down menu options, then select Noah.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 01-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #21
MistyBlu10
GOBLIN

Drives: 2015 SS Convertable Green Flash
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncarparts View Post
It is the time of year to start thinking about a Car Cover for your Camaro. To assist with making your buying decision a little easier, we are offering free shipping and an additional 10% off our already low prices (this is not one of those sales where we raised the prices and made the discount look higher and call it a 30% off sale like you so often see) on ALL our Covercraft Camaro Car Covers.

Covercraft is known for some of the best Car Covers on the market, all their fabrics come from a US based company, Kimberly Clark and because of this they are able to offer a 4 year warranty on all Covercraft covers.

Covercraft Car Covers are the epitome of quality. The sale is only for the Covercraft Custom Fit covers, so fitment will be exact and cut exactly for your car (we do not even sell the universal fit covers).

The sale will last for only a few weeks, so get your orders in quickly. The covers are custom made to order so please allow 5-7 days for delivery.

Just to provide a few recommendations, our top selling indoor Camaro Car Cover is the Camaro Form Fit Covercraft cover. It has a satiny exterior and a soft fleece inner lining the babies your cars paint. It looks extremely sexy on the car and protects your vehicle from the day to day garage hazards.

For outdoor use, the NOAH Camaro car cover is an excellent choice and also a top seller. It is water resistant but still allows for vehicles paint to breath underneath the cover.

The sale is for all our Covercraft covers for any vehicle. Simply use the coupon code "covercraft" when checking out and the additional 10% will be removed from your total. Links to order are below....

Camaro Car Covers
Covercraft Car Covers for any other vehicles

Thanks,

Jim
nice i wouldnt buy a cover from you wheres the Camaro with a cover on it YOU HAVE A 300Z AND A MUSTANG BLAA BLAA

2015 2SS Green Flash Edition
2012 Camaro LFX 45th born 9/24/11 sold 4/1/15
2013 Equinox LTZ
2013 Cruze LTZ
2010 LT2 BLUE RS CAMARO TRADED FOR 45TH
2011 COLARADO Z71 TRADED FOR MALABU
2011 MALABU LTZ TRADED FOR BLUE CAMARO
2007 Z71 Avalanche LTZ
1987 K5 Blazer
BOWTIES AS BLOOD CELLS
GM RULES
MistyBlu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #22
DarkCry956

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
PM sent.
I forgot to ask about the Gust Guard and Lock & Cable Kit. I don't see those options on your website. Are they included or not available?
DarkCry956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #23
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCry956 View Post
PM sent.
I forgot to ask about the Gust Guard and Lock & Cable Kit. I don't see those options on your website. Are they included or not available?
Old 10-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #24
southerncarparts

This sale is back on through the end of October....
Old 02-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #25
BruHop

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE,RS,NPP,Recaros in SW
I do not see the Tan Flannel on your site. Can you order it? Is it not as good for car finish protection? I'm sure the form fit is better, but is it worth the $100 extra?
BruHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #26
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruHop View Post
I do not see the Tan Flannel on your site. Can you order it? Is it not as good for car finish protection? I'm sure the form fit is better, but is it worth the $100 extra?
If you're interested, can order the Tan Flannel here:

http://www.southerncarparts.com/cove...ts-p-2604.html

I don't have a specific listing for that cover because it's never sold all that well and it's a middle price point between Dustop and Form Fit. I think Covercraft doesn't really know how to make a bad car cover, and it's kind of hard to tell someone what their money is worth in the bang-for-the-buck equation. That said, I tend to find that my customers who get the Form Fit are the most impressed by it overall. Maybe that's just the Wow Factor though...hard to tell. Anyway, let me know if you've got more questions and I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 03-11-2015, 09:22 AM   #27
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
I have a lot of cars and I generally order my covers from another vendor... HOWEVER, I just checked out your site for the first time (due to your post here!) and did a comparison of your price, with discount, and you beat the heck out of my regular CoverCraft vendor! Thank you so much! I will be placing an order later on today. (my favorite is their Sunbrella - it is an awesome cover)

Your post and participation on this forum site DOES WORK!
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:11 AM   #28
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
I have a lot of cars and I generally order my covers from another vendor... HOWEVER, I just checked out your site for the first time (due to your post here!) and did a comparison of your price, with discount, and you beat the heck out of my regular CoverCraft vendor! Thank you so much! I will be placing an order later on today. (my favorite is their Sunbrella - it is an awesome cover)

Your post and participation on this forum site DOES WORK!
Thanks for posting! That's really nice to hear.

Thanks,
Dave