Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #15
RBD

Drives: 2013 SS/RS Convertible
this thread will not help at all...............
RBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #16
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTOKED View Post
Dave, no offense but this will not get you anywhere. Put yourself in a customer service position and imagine yourself dealing with an irate customer mouthing off. You would eventually dismiss that customer as someone you could never win back. Being professional and persistent is the key (or lawyer if that is necessary).

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #17
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
I'm afraid I'm siding with the majority here. Besides, we WANT GM/Chevy to do well...we want them to make money so they can continue to make the cars we want. Mostly we don't want to cost them money, we want our cars fixed. This isn't about punishing those who havent' worked to resolve our problems, we simply can't.....not legally anyhow. The best we can do is make a lot of noise, work with our dealers and CS agents as best we can, and vote with our money.

Most importantly we Camaro owners should be as supportive of each other as we can be. Sure a lot of people who haven't had any problems think that we're whiners. Some of the coupe guys mock us for having not thought through the problems inherant with convertable tops. Any way you slice it, we're all Camaro owners. What's good for us is good for the Camaro which is good for Chevy/GM.

We have a Camaro top problems page on FB, it's active and I think informative. I hope it continues to be. For the nonce, I think that it's sufficent for this particular topic...at least it is for me.

Thanks!

Tib
Old 08-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #18
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
I have to somewhat disagree on your statement. I to originally thought some of the problems were being overstated and overhyped, UNTIL my 5th bow broke out of the blue and my top, (that I originally rejected getting a new one at the TSB) was fraying and developing holes. My dealer(s) have worked hard on fixing these problems and I think they have been fantastic to work with. However, I still have problems with the top (the quarter glass moulding trim) and GM tech support has had 3 different answers of how to fix this based on other threads. I just want some consistency of answers and guarantee that this top will last longer than the 3/36. I have basically been unable to utilize the car as designed since June 26th, and still waiting.
here's my story short and sweet.
After getting fully involved calling dealer for updates and such. They do not have a top guy in the dealership, so the had to send it to a local shop. After the shop had replaced the top. They couldn't get it adjusted properly. and pretty much said to hell with it and gave it back to the dealership that way. The dealership then proceeded to contact everyone they could about the top and adjusting it properly. Since then I haven't had any issues out of the top.

My dad recently bought a V-6 vert. before bringing it home from michigan (lives in TN). He had becky's top guy take a look at it. the guy noticed something wasn't adjusted right and fixed it right there. He hasn't had issues out of the top.

I fully believe most of the causes are the tops that do break aren't adjusted properly. Which could cause tention and break that 5th bow and cause fabric to rub. Next time I take the car in for anything I'll have them take a quick look to make sure the top is still good. just as a preventative maintenance thing.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #19
rangomr

Drives: Oracle Camaro has all the bells &
Dave, U do what U want but I've not had a problem with my car. I'm sure the % is very small and using any language you want will not get you anywhere. So tough guy I will pray for you. Michael in Virginia
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #20
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Hello all,

Just for notice, once you notify GM via through your dealer about a warranty issue and it is documented (that part is very important), if the problem isn't fixed to your satisfaction, the 3/36 mark can pass and that issue is still under warranty.

And as a former CRM (Customer Resoultion Manager) for GM, being nice goes a long way.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #21
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
Hello all,

Just for notice, once you notify GM via through your dealer about a warranty issue and it is documented (that part is very important), if the problem isn't fixed to your satisfaction, the 3/36 mark can pass and that issue is still under warranty.

And as a former CRM (Customer Resoultion Manager) for GM, being nice goes a long way.
Thank you.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #22
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
Hello all,

I agree, I feel some people have read here and on Facebook about the problems some are having and then at the first sign of problems (or what they think is a problem ) on theirs go into the dealership with an attitude that is, let's say less than nice, and that puts the dealer in a defensive and possibly in a not wanting to help much position. I am not saying it is right for a dealer to take that attitude but it is just human nature if you are unfairly attacked not to want to do all you can for someone.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #23
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
I would agree. Getting pissed will never get you anywhere. I was nice and forthcoming with everything with my GM rep. However, when the service manager said I put the top down wet the first time I brought it in I cried BS to him. Then brought out the TSB's etc and showed him pictures of my pristine 95 Firebird Convertibles top that I had for 14 summers. He immediately back tracked and never apologized and never changed what he put in the work order that it was put down wet. He sure changed his tune once I had Jack Pantaleo calling him and finding out what was going on. It was all butt kissing from him from here on out. And guess what, that dealership will never get my business again cause the initially said the top issues on my old car were my fault. I was right, they were wrong.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #24
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
IF you were able to "cost GM money", it really wouldnt cost them a thing. they simply raise the prices of the next model years cars, and make that right back. i too had SEVERAL issues with my new vert. defective paint, defective top, brake fluid leak, and some fit/finish issues. YES i got extremely aggravated with delays, and several trips to the dealer, BUT it now is completely fixed, and i am proud to own and drive it. the newest tops out seem to be the ticket. ive had ZERO issues, marks, etc with mine. i held my tongue (the best i could) and my dealer bent over backwards to make it right. i also had a GM case open, and notified BBB (which def got things moving quicker).

so if your fed up with your DEALER not fixing your car, go to a different dealer and try them out. some are still customer friendly, as long as the customer IS friendly... just sayin
Old 11-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #25
angrykiller1

Drives: 2011 2ss inferno orange convertible
i agree i vented rather harshly, but as my top flaps in the wind, and i pay a 700.00 a month note i tend to vent. i do love g.m. cars, and i have always been a devoted g.m. customer. my wife needed a car a few months ago. with these issues not being addressed, we simply could not buy g.m., as we have all our lives. my work truck will be replaced soon. my kids see me driving around in my "dream" car and they cant understand g.m not helping me out. they make their buying decisions. i didnt get to this point until after a year of being mistreated. i will say that if g.m. fixes my car, then i will post that and it will begin to earn my respect back. in the meantime, i count several sales my car has cost them. i have always been a chevy man. i want that back so badly.
angrykiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #26
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrykiller1 View Post
i agree i vented rather harshly, but as my top flaps in the wind, and i pay a 700.00 a month note i tend to vent. i do love g.m. cars, and i have always been a devoted g.m. customer. my wife needed a car a few months ago. with these issues not being addressed, we simply could not buy g.m., as we have all our lives. my work truck will be replaced soon. my kids see me driving around in my "dream" car and they cant understand g.m not helping me out. they make their buying decisions. i didnt get to this point until after a year of being mistreated. i will say that if g.m. fixes my car, then i will post that and it will begin to earn my respect back. in the meantime, i count several sales my car has cost them. i have always been a chevy man. i want that back so badly.
angrykiller1,

I would like to look into the issue you are currently experiencing. Do you have a current case number? Also please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership so that I can research this a little further.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #27
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
I think our cars are the testing and validation!
Lol

I'll not get into the % talk or the how to handle it talk or even who's at fault talk, but I think I understand the frustation that this thread was born from.

Dave has had an exceptionally frustrating ride (no pun intended ). Knowing the amount of problems he has had (and continues to have), and the lack of help from the dealerships and GM, I can understand that he feels like he is running out of options (which apparently may be true). When you have what are legitimate claims and they are continuously pushed off, one can get pretty angry and fed up

Honestly, I swear I got whiplash (as I shook my head in disbelief) from Dave posting up all the things that are happening.
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #28
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
He's in good hands now and that is all I can say.
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote