Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-21-2019, 06:18 AM   #15
acammer
Back in the game

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
What are your spark settings? I know on other E38 pcms (LS7 comes to mind) there are decay settings for dfco which is the ramp rate to your desired dfco spark value. Wonder if the guys at hp tuners could make that available on our cars. Might be the setting you're looking for

Edit: I emailed hptuners support to see if there are additional settings for dfco
I haven't touched DFCO Entry Spark, it's -15 for 0, 512, and 1024, 0 for 1536, and then 10 from 2048 on up.

I think, if I understand it all right, that the Entry Spark Blend Time is the amount of time it takes to hit the Entry Spark target, so how fast it ramps down. After that, then Fuel Cut Delay determines how long after spark ramp down you wait before fuel is cut. I think there would be another modifier (that we don't have) that determines how long, after all parameters for DFCO are met, that it takes before it starts the spark ramp down. That's the one that I'd like to shorten up. I don't need it to instantly shut off whenever I close the throttle, but it doesn't need to be as long as it takes presently.
2011 2SS SGM - CAI, PTB, Rod-Mod and ported intake, GPI SS3 cam, AR LTs 1.875", X-pipe, high flow cats, cutouts behind the axle. 25% UPD, 169*F stat, EE catch can, Ideal Garage clutch master, seperate reservoir, Tick-Shift billet throwout support, Yukon 4.10 gears, TruTrac Differential, LPW Differential Cover, BMR Pro diff bushings, Pegasus Solid rear sub-frame bushings. 497rwhp. 11.86@117 4160lbs raceweight.
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:24 AM   #16
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
I haven't touched DFCO Entry Spark, it's -15 for 0, 512, and 1024, 0 for 1536, and then 10 from 2048 on up.

I think, if I understand it all right, that the Entry Spark Blend Time is the amount of time it takes to hit the Entry Spark target, so how fast it ramps down. After that, then Fuel Cut Delay determines how long after spark ramp down you wait before fuel is cut. I think there would be another modifier (that we don't have) that determines how long, after all parameters for DFCO are met, that it takes before it starts the spark ramp down. That's the one that I'd like to shorten up. I don't need it to instantly shut off whenever I close the throttle, but it doesn't need to be as long as it takes presently.
I think you might be right. I did notice mine cuts in a little faster after cutting the entry time by 75% but there's still a bit of delay to it

Try changing your spark values to something like what a Corvette comes with. I'm trying those settings and it seems to kick on pretty quick. It cuts the loud pops and bangs unfortunately but you still get some good ones lol I think by changing the spark value to something closer to you're cruising spark it'll cut on quicker. Could be in my head but it seems to
Z/28 intake, ported TB, vr wedge, rod-mod intake, speed engineering LT's, NPP catback, ATI -10% pulley, MGW shifter, 160* t-stat, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.72 @112.36 - improvements coming
xc_SS/RS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:27 AM   #17
acammer
Back in the game

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
I think you might be right. I did notice mine cuts in a little faster after cutting the entry time by 75% but there's still a bit of delay to it

Try changing your spark values to something like what a Corvette comes with. I'm trying those settings and it seems to kick on pretty quick. It cuts the loud pops and bangs unfortunately but you still get some good ones lol I think by changing the spark value to something closer to you're cruising spark it'll cut on quicker. Could be in my head but it seems to
I think I need to do some logging with some very intentional steady cruise to throttle chop and see what it takes for time when the accelerator is lifted till when it actually starts the spark ramp - I bet that time is static no matter what we change.
2011 2SS SGM - CAI, PTB, Rod-Mod and ported intake, GPI SS3 cam, AR LTs 1.875", X-pipe, high flow cats, cutouts behind the axle. 25% UPD, 169*F stat, EE catch can, Ideal Garage clutch master, seperate reservoir, Tick-Shift billet throwout support, Yukon 4.10 gears, TruTrac Differential, LPW Differential Cover, BMR Pro diff bushings, Pegasus Solid rear sub-frame bushings. 497rwhp. 11.86@117 4160lbs raceweight.
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 01:52 PM   #18
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
I think I need to do some logging with some very intentional steady cruise to throttle chop and see what it takes for time when the accelerator is lifted till when it actually starts the spark ramp - I bet that time is static no matter what we change.
Yeah I think we might be missing the ramp rate. Got a response from hpt support but need to send em a few things. Hopefully there are other settings we can change
Z/28 intake, ported TB, vr wedge, rod-mod intake, speed engineering LT's, NPP catback, ATI -10% pulley, MGW shifter, 160* t-stat, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.72 @112.36 - improvements coming
xc_SS/RS is online now   Reply With Quote