Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 05-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #29
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
I was looking for Mike (MLee), and someone pointed you out however there were 15 guys standing around never got to actually meet you... any how, it was fun and aside from the dogs there was no way to really identify myself. I will be come more involved with some of the outings aroudn the H-Town club so I know people next year when I go! I did get to Meet SkipinMinn and his lovely fiance' and that was a treat!!! I met several other as well just couldn't keep track of everyone!
Old 05-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #30
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Yea....we've done events where we had lanyards and nametags with our "real" names on top and our screen names below. Really helps to put faces and names with......names. LOL
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #31
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 View Post
Hahaha you're not referring to me are you?
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
Case in point....I didn't get to meet you mlee!!!!

Maybe the name tag thing has to be advertised and encouraged....at Fest IV I didn't even know it was in the bag until toward the end.

I had an absolute BLAST though and want to say thank you to all those who made it happen!! I know it probably wasn't a walk in the park!!
Holy crap... how did that happen? I'll be visiting S'port pretty soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyVenus View Post
I was looking for Mike (MLee), and someone pointed you out however there were 15 guys standing around never got to actually meet you... any how, it was fun and aside from the dogs there was no way to really identify myself. I will be come more involved with some of the outings aroudn the H-Town club so I know people next year when I go! I did get to Meet SkipinMinn and his lovely fiance' and that was a treat!!! I met several other as well just couldn't keep track of everyone!
You should have knocked them out of the way. I was pretty easy to find (I think). We will defininitey meet up around town for sure. Kemah Camaro Show is this weekend and then Aeros and Autos and then a club meeting. When does it ever stop...
Old 05-05-2014, 11:46 AM   #32
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Case in point....I didn't get to meet you mlee!!!!

Maybe the name tag thing has to be advertised and encouraged....at Fest IV I didn't even know it was in the bag until toward the end.

I had an absolute BLAST though and want to say thank you to all those who made it happen!! I know it probably wasn't a walk in the park!!
I think bonnie or someone introduced me to you in the parking lot at one of the after parties. I recognised a bunch of people either through introducing myself or at least when people entered the car show. Its tough to meet people but I was on a mission this year. Judging took the WHOLE day so I wasn't able to meet as many people as I wanted still. I had a blast though andlook forward to meeting more people next time.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #33
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I have no idea...

Holy crap... how did that happen? I'll be visiting S'port pretty soon.
I don't live in S'port anymore....I've moved (yet again)...I now live in Montgomery AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I think bonnie or someone introduced me to you in the parking lot at one of the after parties. I recognised a bunch of people either through introducing myself or at least when people entered the car show. Its tough to meet people but I was on a mission this year. Judging took the WHOLE day so I wasn't able to meet as many people as I wanted still. I had a blast though andlook forward to meeting more people next time.
My husband introduced us when he learned who you were. Was nice to put a face to the name (and to know the right way to say the name!)

------

In addition to the photo thread idea, maybe we could do a slide show that has pictures of each person with their car and their screen name and just let it play on a loop during the meet and greet. That way the person and their car and screen name are all fresh right there at the Fest.

On a separate but related issue, Saturday at the Fest, a guy I was parked next to said a heavy set lady with blonde hair and a blue shirt was asking about the owner of my car. He said she has some clear plaque looking thing in her hand and was asking if they knew who the driver was etc (which they didn't). He said she looked kind of "official"...well, it didn't dawn on me that she might be a Chevy person until now that I am seeing people posting about being recognized by Chevy employees with a nice plaque. I may be being a little presumptuous, but I am bummed that they might have been trying to give me one, but I was spending my time watching the drag races and not at my car. This situation could be resolved by maybe having a name associated with a license plate number when we register and then the person could be paged to report to their car or something like that.

I do hate "complaining" as I know how much work goes into all of this. Just trying to help make it better next year!!! Hopefully it will be closer to home (I am sure you hear that a lot! LoL!!)
Old 05-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #34
octane

Drives: 2010 black lingenfelter
We enjoyed it all thanks
[/SIGPIC]600 hp lingenfelter TVS 2300 package pedders springs adjustable struts sways all bushings brake hose kit cold air fuel pump boost twindisc clutch 1400hp axles 3.70 gear borla cat back badging coil covers floor mats lpe pedals 20"forgelines nitto,s, idealg master, clutch res,,lethal racing cam package with oil pump pushrods timing chain ,meth kit ,zl1 pump ,kooks 1 7/8 high flow Kats , ridetech rear coilovers ,air fuel gauge, fuel pressure gauge , shift light ,way cool awsome set up love it!
octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #35
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Quote:

In addition to the photo thread idea, maybe we could do a slide show that has pictures of each person with their car and their screen name and just let it play on a loop during the meet and greet. That way the person and their car and screen name are all fresh right there at the Fest.

..... having a name associated with a license plate number when we register and then the person could be paged to report to their car or something like that.
Love both of these ideas!!!
Old 05-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #36
2GRN4U

Drives: 2011 SYG 2SS
We met alot of people this year and really enjoyed hanging out. Of course we were very visible as the 2GRN4U camaro and of course my Mom made up the awesome hat that goes with it. I'm really bad with names too. I was thinking of making up some business sized cards to hand out or can pin to our shirts with info on them.
2GRN4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:20 PM   #37
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
I left the fest the same way I went, not knowing anyone from C5. I did talk to quite a few people but dont know what their C5 name is. Its a bummer cause I was wanting to meet alot of C5 members and finally put a face to their name.

Last edited by MrWray; 05-08-2014 at 02:32 PM.
MrWray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #38
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
The worst part of the fest, for me, is walking back into my house. That means the entire experience is over...again. :(

Quote:
^^^This is what I want to see. Username on a car sticker. Find the car and stalk it until the owner comes out.
How 'bout these:

http://www.trackdecals.com/collectio...-decals-clings

I'm thinking of putting one of these decals over my Driver's side door

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #39
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Looks like a good way of knowing whos car is there.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #40
Rodger The Sock

Drives: Nike Air Jordan
I had my name on me. Well I guess I always do.
Rodger The Sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #41
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger The Sock View Post
I had my name on me. Well I guess I always do.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #42
Rodger The Sock

Drives: Nike Air Jordan
Quote:
I met your wife Mr. Mlee but I did not get the opportunity to meet you. Maybe next fest, you should wear a name tag!