Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-07-2009, 04:30 AM   #1
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Special Edition

http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/la-2...ial-edition/#3

The Front-End is very attractive IMO. The rear is still ugly though, mostly because I've never liked hatchbacks. But the interior looks very nice, aside from the pedals. In summary,

WTF I ACTUALLY LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS?!
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
It isn't working for me but i've always like Wrx's didn't gm own like 20% of it??
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #3
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Not sure why they called it a special edition. It's slighty decontented and has a few performance parts added, it is a couple of grand cheaper. Most people expect special editions to have more, not less.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
I don't think GM owns any of Subaru- Subaru is owned by Fuji Heavy Industry I believe and pretty fiercely independant. I respect WRXs- they're very good at what they do. It's probably the best sporty ride you can get if you want a year round vehicle and you like outdoor sports like biking.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:34 PM   #5
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
I don't think GM owns any of Subaru- Subaru is owned by Fuji Heavy Industry I believe and pretty fiercely independant. I respect WRXs- they're very good at what they do. It's probably the best sporty ride you can get if you want a year round vehicle and you like outdoor sports like biking.
GM did used to own 20% actually...until 2005. Sold the shares to Toyota. I think one of the SAAB's is/was built on a shared platform w/ Subaru. Too bad they sold the shares...Subaru is one of the only companies that still seemed to sell a lot of cars through the economic hell.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #6
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
GM did used to own 20% actually...until 2005. Sold the shares to Toyota. I think one of the SAAB's is/was built on a shared platform w/ Subaru. Too bad they sold the shares...Subaru is one of the only companies that still seemed to sell a lot of cars through the economic hell.
Subaru, Kia And Hyundai are the only ones up. The WRX STi's 2004 2007 were amazing. Dare I say more fun in the twisties than a 5th gen??????????????????????????? Yes. They are a blast to drive. The only thing close to them was when I drove a Lancia Delta Integrale Evolution. That was awesome. I had an 04Sti and I still miss it huge. The newer ones are kinda lame but the old GDB platforms are unreal.

The Subaru/Saab was the 92X. Basically a WRX wagon with a facelift.