Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-14-2009, 09:48 PM   #57
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
I can buy a vette for 10k or less here! Granted those are from 1990 or before....
I sold my 1992 LT1 (300hp), Coupe for $7k a month ago. Dude got it for a steal, but I needed it gone. C4's are your bargain basement sports car right now.
If I had 3-4k, I'd buy one and use it as my beater.
Treadstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:55 AM   #58
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
What difference in money? I paid 39k for my 08 vette with 1k miles on it. The same price for the camaro i had ordered.
Wow! I didn't realize. You gave me something to think about!!!
Problem is I really need the back seats cause I have children. I just sold my 07 customized Suburban to downsize since my wife already has a Commander with 3rd row seats. I can barely justify the Camaro, but gotta really ponder the two seater. I wouldn't mind driving to work and back in a vette as opposed to a Camaro. I have to wonder what the insurance difference is too. I get a GM employee discount, but can't find those type deals on "new" 08's around here. I just priced them on the GM site at $36K new for base model, but not sure where I would find one. Need to do some homework here, but first I need to present the idea to my wife. I wear the pants, but probably a no go due to the kids.

Last edited by 2L8IWON; 08-15-2009 at 05:19 AM.
2L8IWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:10 AM   #59
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDDOG View Post
Being lucky to have both, I would take the Vette over the Camaro anyday.
If you're into performance, the Vette is the way to go. If you want a car that turns more heads than if you were in a Ferraro or Lamborghini..The Camaro is the way to go.. Simple as that.. I parked next to a ZR1 Vette the other day.. Where do you think the flocks of people came to see when they walked by? The Vette is an old design that is as common as the Mustang. The Camaro will get that way one day, however at the moment it is the Hot car to have..
Old 08-15-2009, 07:23 AM   #60
JBsC6

Drives: 2008 Blk C6 Z51 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8IWON View Post
Wow! I didn't realize. You gave me something to think about!!!
Problem is I really need the back seats cause I have children. I just sold my 07 customized Suburban to downsize since my wife already has a Commander with 3rd row seats. I can barely justify the Camaro, but gotta really ponder the two seater. I wouldn't mind driving to work and back in a vette as opposed to a Camaro. I have to wonder what the insurance difference is too. I get a GM employee discount, but can't find those type deals on "new" 08's around here. I just priced them on the GM site at $36K new for base model, but not sure where I would find one. Need to do some homework here, but first I need to present the idea to my wife. I wear the pants, but probably a no go due to the kids.
If you need a backseat for the children...then without a doubt get the camaro SS..

If you don't? or only have one kid...like me? then rock and roll ...

The vettes a beast too..

Good luck deciding...

Two great choices..

2 seater? 2 + 2?

That pretty much sums it up.

IMO and for the record...I want both.

The Camaro SS is a show car for the street..

Without a doubt...

No compromise in styling on this car.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #61
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
I think it all comes down to what you really like more. They are both hot cars, especially the Camaro right now. In my case, I have had three vettes, but with a 1 and 3 year old now it is no longer an option. If I did not have kids I would probably go with the C6. Thats just my take.
newagemuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #62
Treadstone

Yea, if you absolutely have to have a backseat then go with the camaro. I thought I needed a backseat due to child, but the fact of the matter is my car is a weekend toy. I don't drive it with kids in it.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #63
Merica

Drives: Drives a 2010 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Well if you go with the Vette, you're getting a base model. No badging, no upgrades, but a Vette nonetheless, and it will probably outrun your LS3 Camaro every time. But your Camaro is decked out to YOUR specs, which I think would kinda connect you to the car more than if you bought a car sitting on the lot. Plus it's gonna get way more looks than the Vette. And while the Vette is gonna get you to school alot faster, the Camaro is a 2+2, allowing you alot more cargo space (ie: friends, books, beer kegs) than the Vette, which is like a 2+2cupholders right? I dunno man, I'd lose sleep over a decision like this if it were me, (why oh why don't I have problems like this one?...) Corvette is a REAL tempting proposition, but I'm bettin you'll be happier with the Camaro in the end...
a vet for that money is not faster
Merica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #64
StingRayNet
StingRayNet

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro
2006 Vette Owner...Not for long

Owned Corvettes my entire life (67-72-81-86-06). Now selling my 2006 3LT Fully Loaded Corvette w/16k miles and just placed my order for a 2SS/RS Summit White w/Orange Stripes & Inferno Orange Interior. Dealer wanted to give me $26k for my vette. I can sell it privately for around $32-35K. I still love the vettes but the new Camaro with the retro look is something special. I was going to go with the Victory Red with White Stripes but didn't care for the standard black interior. If GM would have offered a White Interior, I would have ordered that combo if it was available.

My vette depreciated over $20k in 3-years and with it no longer under warranty, the time was right. I can't see buying a new base vette in the mid-$40's when I can get a fully loaded SS Camaro for $40,030k plus tax and $700Dealer Fee. ($40,110 if I can get GM to pull off the Short-throw shifter restraint)

I found a Florida dealer that would order at MSRP. I purchased 4-Cars from my local dealer and they had the nerve to try and get me for a $5k Market Adjustment. I had a dealer in Jasper Texas ready to order one for me at MSRP but was lucky to find another dealer in Florida and save on the extra 2% sales tax and shipping.
Attached Images

StingRayNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:39 PM   #65
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
I think bang for buck is in the Camaro actually. I've never been a fan of base models... you're always gonna wish your car had "this" or "that". 42k for a base model vette vs 37k for an almost fully loaded Camaro with the same motor. No brainer in my book.

Performance wise, they're in different playing fields... but after putting 3000 miles on my new Camaro, I can say without a doubt, the Camaro fits my personality more so than a Vette would. I test drove a C6 Z51 A6 from Hertz in Hawaii.... cool, YES, fast? HELL YES, but not me. So if the Vette really grabs you, then by all means... buy it... But personally I wouldnt get a base model.

That being said, im sure there's alot of vette's on ebay from the guys who have already ordered their Camaros, so I would scoop one of those up for MUCH cheaper with WAY more options, rather than paying 42k for a vette with a cloth interior.

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:50 AM   #66
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
I think bang for buck is in the Camaro actually. I've never been a fan of base models... you're always gonna wish your car had "this" or "that". 42k for a base model vette vs 37k for an almost fully loaded Camaro with the same motor. No brainer in my book.

Performance wise, they're in different playing fields... but after putting 3000 miles on my new Camaro, I can say without a doubt, the Camaro fits my personality more so than a Vette would. I test drove a C6 Z51 A6 from Hertz in Hawaii.... cool, YES, fast? HELL YES, but not me. So if the Vette really grabs you, then by all means... buy it... But personally I wouldnt get a base model.

That being said, im sure there's alot of vette's on ebay from the guys who have already ordered their Camaros, so I would scoop one of those up for MUCH cheaper with WAY more options, rather than paying 42k for a vette with a cloth interior.
I sincerely appreciate all the valuable input. I'm going to hold out and hang on to my Camaro order. To make a long story short. I love both cars (Camaro and Vette). Vette would be faster, but I have kids and it's not completely about doing everything I can to "win" or be the fastest. That's not gonna happen. Just when you think you have the fastest, someone always puts you in your place. I'll be happy with the Camaro while having back seats for the kids on rare occasions. I have "too" many kids, so the vette was kind of a pipe dream. I could do it, but it would be very selfish of me. Bottom line. My wife is sweet enough to leave it up to me even having 5 kids, but she says there will be times where I regret it and I'm sure she's right! Camaro for me!
Old 08-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #67
Treadstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
If you're into performance, the Vette is the way to go. If you want a car that turns more heads than if you were in a Ferraro or Lamborghini..The Camaro is the way to go.. Simple as that.. I parked next to a ZR1 Vette the other day.. Where do you think the flocks of people came to see when they walked by? The Vette is an old design that is as common as the Mustang. The Camaro will get that way one day, however at the moment it is the Hot car to have..
Is there a friggin ignore list on this forum? This dude needs to be on it.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #68
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I'm trying to figure the original poster. Under his avatar it says he drives 2009 Corvette already.
If someone can get a Corvette for 42k, and they can afford it , i'd definitely take that. It's faster, lighter, better handling, better gas mileage too. The Camaro is new, but i'll tell you the C6 looks better in person than in pictures.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #69
GTengineer

Drives: 2004 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
Is there a friggin ignore list on this forum? This dude needs to be on it.
PM
Old 08-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #70
Treadstone

Lets see,
2009 Corvette production #'s = 9,000ish (final numbers not avail yet)
2009 Mustang production = 45,000ish (final numbers not avail yet)
2010 Camaro production = 37,000+ (final numbers not avail yet)

Now, which car will get more looks by next june?