Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Does anyone know anything about the 2010 Cobalt?

http://www.motortrend.com/future/spi...ied/index.html

It was supposed to have been revealed by now....................
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Cobalt is dead. Cruze will replace it. Launch in August of next year as a 2011 model.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Cobalt is dead. Cruze will replace it. Launch in August of next year as a 2011 model.

Gotcha
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #4
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
Quote:

There WILL BE A 2010 COBALTSS/LS/LT!!!! the crudze won't be here till 2011 the SS comes standard with RPD lsd and then there's something about the wing and maybe another color or something of the sort
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #5
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPOAJ View Post
There WILL BE A 2010 COBALTSS/LS/LT!!!! the crudze won't be here till 2011 the SS comes standard with RPD lsd and then there's something about the wing and maybe another color or something of the sort
Cruze starts production at Lordstown next year. The 2010 Cobalt will be short-lived, and good riddance.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
MCPOAJ

Quote:
Cruze starts production at Lordstown next year. The 2010 Cobalt will be short-lived, and good riddance.
lol you don't have to be an ahole about it... good riddance to performance cars welcome tree hugging 30mpg car that run's 16's you know what chevy's have been able to brag about to ford since the balt's been out we've had a performance 4 banger all these years and they haven't come out with anything now they have the focus RS comes out and chevy has nothing to compete with it sure the cruze may help gm outta the slup but it's not gonna be the god car that's gonna save gm nobody is looking at this thing like they are the volt/camaro/equinox
Old 11-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
lol you don't have to be an ahole about it... good riddance to performance cars welcome tree hugging 30mpg car that run's 16's you know what chevy's have been able to brag about to ford since the balt's been out we've had a performance 4 banger all these years and they haven't come out with anything now they have the focus RS comes out and chevy has nothing to compete with it sure the cruze may help gm outta the slup but it's not gonna be the god car that's gonna save gm nobody is looking at this thing like they are the volt/camaro/equinox
Good riddance to a car that should have had better design.

Personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an LNF based cruze SS.
- X

P.S. - you talk like the SS was the only cobalt made, when in fact it only made a VERY small portion of cobalt sales.

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #8
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Congratulations on the most incoherent post ever on this website.

In response to your horrific run-on sentence, I would absolutely love to know how you're so sure there isn't a performanced-based Cruze in the works.

Good riddance to compact cars with boring exteriors and cheap, unimaginative interiors. Cruze is light years ahead of the Cobalt in terms of both.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #9
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:

In response to your horrific run-on sentence, I would absolutely love to know how you're so sure there isn't a performanced-based Cruze in the works.

Good riddance to compact cars with boring exteriors and cheap, unimaginative interiors. Cruze is light years ahead of the Cobalt in terms of both.
Really? The Cruze looks pretty boring itself.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #10
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Ummmm, wow.

As far as a performance Cruze goes- Chevrolet closed GMPD recently, they stated only the CTS-V, Corvette, and Camaro were on the performance radar for the forseeable future, and they have specifically said they aren't looking at a performance Cruze at this time. Although that is always subject to change without notice. They have links to posts about this over on CobaltSS.net. He's not making that up.

Without some specific person or group of people with some passion for a Cruze project, I'd worry about the end result. They should wait until they get the right people together otherwise they'll just slap in a more powerful engine and stiffer springs and call it a day.

I've never actually driven a Cobalt other than my SS and some other SS's so I wouldn't know how the regular ones are. As far as the SS's go, I think some of us have grown attached to our little Cobalts. It may be a red headed step child- but it's MY red headed step child. So be kind .
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #11
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Arguing over what's better, a cobalt or a cruze..silly Kids!

CAMRY! ACCORD! CAMRY! ACCORD!

Old 11-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #12
MCPOAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
Good riddance to a car that should have had better design.

Personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an LNF based cruze SS.
- X

P.S. - you talk like the SS was the only cobalt made, when in fact it only made a VERY small portion of cobalt sales.
either way people still bought cobalt's not they're not the greatest car and i'm tired of hearing about the ****in interior the vette's interior isn't much better but because it's a corvette you don't talk about it

Quote:

uh i'm sorry i don't have time to be a grammer nazi... i guess you're just one of those people that want a chevrolet camry... maybe we can even have a chevrolet prius gm is turning into everything toyota. i wouldnt' be supprised if gm got rid of the camaro and the vette.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #13
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
either way people still bought cobalt's not they're not the greatest car and i'm tired of hearing about the ****in interior the vette's interior isn't much better but because it's a corvette you don't talk about it

uh i'm sorry i don't have time to be a grammer nazi... i guess you're just one of those people that want a chevrolet camry... maybe we can even have a chevrolet prius gm is turning into everything toyota. i wouldnt' be supprised if gm got rid of the camaro and the vette.
What are you, serious? The Corvette's interior is pretty bad too. The C7 needs to fix that. Nevertheless, you cannot deny that the Cobalt's interior was absolutely horrible.

Yes, GM is going to get rid of their two most iconic vehicles in their quest to become toyota, and yes, I want GM to become toyota, even though I've denounced toyota for years.

I wonder if people ever actually put any thought into what they post here.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #14
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
Ummmm, wow.

As far as a performance Cruze goes- Chevrolet closed GMPD recently, they stated only the CTS-V, Corvette, and Camaro were on the performance radar for the forseeable future, and they have specifically said they aren't looking at a performance Cruze at this time. Although that is always subject to change without notice. They have links to posts about this over on CobaltSS.net. He's not making that up.

Without some specific person or group of people with some passion for a Cruze project, I'd worry about the end result. They should wait until they get the right people together otherwise they'll just slap in a more powerful engine and stiffer springs and call it a day.

I've never actually driven a Cobalt other than my SS and some other SS's so I wouldn't know how the regular ones are. As far as the SS's go, I think some of us have grown attached to our little Cobalts. It may be a red headed step child- but it's MY red headed step child. So be kind .
Read what you posted that I've put in bold. There is no reason GM can't do a performance-based Cruze, and there is plenty of evidence that says there was (and still might be) one in the works. If any of you watched the reveal at Lordstown, there was one Cruze that looked quite interesting.