Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-04-2023, 10:25 AM   #71
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Awesome!!!!

I had mine done. I hope it never needs it again.
Agreed!
Old 02-06-2023, 07:06 AM   #72
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Should’ve made them out of carbon fiber.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 06:02 PM   #73
mactube

Drives: 2015 Camaro Convertible
I think its about time to replace my blend door again .. The AC is blowing only Semi-Cold air out the middle Vents and hot air on the side vents which leads me to believe I have to replace the Blend Door of the Heater Core again. I did it around 75k miles on my 2015 Camaro and when I had another 2015 Camaro I did it at around 100K
my Camaro is at about 130k now so its possible the blend for broke again like it always does on the Camaros. I was afraid that's the problem, but I still checked the pressure of the A/C System ( reading attached) which seams to be pretty normal .. I was thinking about just topping it off, just to hang on to the last little bit of hope that its not the blend door...

I wonder if the the Generation 6 has the same problem !?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oKf...ew?usp=sharing
mactube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 08:49 AM   #74
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactube View Post
I was thinking about just topping it off, just to hang on to the last little bit of hope that its not the blend door...

And I keep hoping that Florida inflation would recede at some point, but it appears that reality has smacked us both in the face.

To your point, since moving to Florida recently, I've seen a ton of Camaros rolling around here (much more than back in Indiana). I'm sure one or two of these guys have had to deal with the flaky blend door, and I keep telling my son not to push the AC dial too close to the Max setting in hopes that we can prolong this ridiculous issue as long as possible.
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 09:20 AM   #75
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderJ View Post
And I keep hoping that Florida inflation would recede at some point, but it appears that reality has smacked us both in the face.

To your point, since moving to Florida recently, I've seen a ton of Camaros rolling around here (much more than back in Indiana). I'm sure one or two of these guys have had to deal with the flaky blend door, and I keep telling my son not to push the AC dial too close to the Max setting in hopes that we can prolong this ridiculous issue as long as possible.
+1
I keep the dial 2 clicks to the right of cold and AC works fine.
Old 07-10-2023, 05:26 PM   #76
mactube

Drives: 2015 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderJ View Post

Yes, that should do it .. 1-2 notches away from the max .. hot or cold ..
mactube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 07:02 PM   #77
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
+1
I keep the dial 2 clicks to the right of cold and AC works fine.

Same here. No need for the overkill and it will save $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 08:57 PM   #78
Tony-8

Drives: 2014 Camaro RRM 2SS RS, M6 LS3 Vert
I follow the 2-clicks-away-from-max strategy, and so far so good, although I've only got 31,000+ miles. I still can't wrap my head around why there hasn't been either a recall or lawsuit to address what is clearly an almost universal and very expensive, car-altering problem. And I've never sued anyone!
Old 07-12-2023, 09:26 PM   #79
punk5150

Drives: 2014 SS/RS CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony-8 View Post
I follow the 2-clicks-away-from-max strategy, and so far so good, although I've only got 31,000+ miles. I still can't wrap my head around why there hasn't been either a recall or lawsuit to address what is clearly an almost universal and very expensive, car-altering problem. And I've never sued anyone!
I am with you Tony.

Same year, same miles.
It’s incomprehensible that there has not been a recall.
Can’t even count the amount of times I have yelled at people not to touch the temperature control knob.
I cringe touching the knob when I clean the car and that’s with the power off.
punk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 09:39 PM   #80
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
Does anyone unplug the Blend door motor so it doesn't cycle? I hear it cycle everytime my door opens.
I was thinking I would set it where I want it for the summer and just unplug it.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 09:49 PM   #81
ADVMax
Sporting Foole

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
When I replaced the blend door in my 2010 I followed a suggestion that was to cycle the blend door before tightening the stepper motor completely down. Note the temp switch setting when the motor begins to move slightly and that is where the door is actually contacting. Mine was closer to the first blue line, a few more than 2 clicks away from full cool.
ADVMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 03:28 PM   #82
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I'm going to have to tackle this soon because my a/c isn't blowing cold and the system is fully charged and the compressor is running fine. How annoying that we have to cut up our cars like this.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 05:58 PM   #83
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
I'm going to have to tackle this soon because my a/c isn't blowing cold and the system is fully charged and the compressor is running fine. How annoying that we have to cut up our cars like this.
How many miles on yours? Mines a ‘13 too
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 07:01 PM   #84
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Does anyone unplug the Blend door motor so it doesn't cycle? I hear it cycle everytime my door opens.
I was thinking I would set it where I want it for the summer and just unplug it.
Myself and a few others here have unplugged it. Two notches to the right of max and unplug. Since it's not a daily and it's rarely cold here in the winter it stays unplugged.

If the door cycles everytime you turn the car on then leaving it two notches to the right of full blast doesn't really help.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote