Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #15
deljaso

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post

PS. I still think that you should have the option for steering wheel controls on a 1ss or 1lt for that matter. Just because you didn't want to pay 4 grand for leather seats doesn't mean that you intended your car to be a stripped down model. I paid extra for the RS pkg, why couldn't we upgrade to steering wheel controls for a small fee?
I have a 1LT with steering wheel controls. They came as part of the c&c package, with remote start/bluetooth/leather steering wheel. Great package for the price.
deljaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #16
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by deljaso View Post
I have a 1LT with steering wheel controls. They came as part of the c&c package, with remote start/bluetooth/leather steering wheel. Great package for the price.
I meant LS. It's optional one 1LT, Standard on 2LT and 2SS. Not offered on LS or 1SS.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #17
Cruzintexas

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2/RS
BA Stereo

Love the sound! It is a car and you can spend a Bazzillion bucks but its still a car. I listen to all types of Music mostly classic rock . I like guitar music,SRV,Warren Haynes, etc. The system sounds great crystal clear out of my IPOD! You will not impress the kids next to you at a light with bass but if you want to have great sound its a nice system. The more we use ours the better the bass is. I have friends that are Audiophiles and they would not even listen to it. They don't really like music they like equipment and to impress people with numbers and stats.
They can kiss my WOW and Flutter! I like tunes when I drive and the convienence of the bluetooth etc. The controls are simple as well as the setup. I love listening to my friends High end stuff but 100K for a pair of speakes is out of my range. As for big amps and subs in cars if you want to impress the neighbors its the way to go. I miss my 2 tens in my company truck but the BA is as sweet a factory system as I have heard in any car or truck
Cruzintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:09 AM   #18
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
Love the system - especially after adding 2 subs and an amp
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #19
general23cmp

Drives: 2010 RS SS
I'll show my ignorance very quickly, but how did you guys with the amps/subs tie into the factory system? I have installed amps/subs before with aftermarket stereos, but I had RCA jack ouputs on the radio to feed the amps.
general23cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:02 AM   #20
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I have owened and heard a lot of factory systems, this is by far the best I have ever heard, everyone who has ridden with me agrees.

That being said I plan to do a sub upgrade, as some of the songs I listen to bottom out the factory system. (A lot of Techno, Hip Hop and Bass tracks etc.) For the average listener, it shouldn't be a problem at all.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:50 PM   #21
FIREWOLFF

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Talking Hooking up to factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by general23cmp View Post
I'll show my ignorance very quickly, but how did you guys with the amps/subs tie into the factory system? I have installed amps/subs before with aftermarket stereos, but I had RCA jack ouputs on the radio to feed the amps.
Hey general you will need either a line output converter or amp/processor that has high level inputs. When you open the trunk to your left is a trunk linered panel you must pull that out to acces the factory amp. You then locate your factory output speaker wires. Front Left is Tan/Gray +/-; Front Right Lt. Green/Dk. Green +/- The rear speakers actually have two sets of wires per speaker I cant remember both sets but the mids are Rear Left Brown/Yellow +/- Rear Right Dk. Blue/Lt. Blue +/-. Just remember lights in front darks in back for your positive. Hope this helps and shoot me a message if you have anymore questions.
FIREWOLFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #22
Ricown

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS CGM
Pardon my ignorance and correct me if I am wrong. Firewolff are you saying it’s possible to wire up a sub and an amp all from inside of the trunk without running wires to the factory head unit, or am I just having a moment of magical thinking?

I have my car just shy of a weak now and I have yet to get the vol. over 20 but I do think it need a sub in the trunk for extra boom! Other than that it is an amazing factory unit.
Ricown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:51 AM   #23
FIREWOLFF

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricown View Post
Pardon my ignorance and correct me if I am wrong. Firewolff are you saying it’s possible to wire up a sub and an amp all from inside of the trunk without running wires to the factory head unit, or am I just having a moment of magical thinking?

I have my car just shy of a weak now and I have yet to get the vol. over 20 but I do think it need a sub in the trunk for extra boom! Other than that it is an amazing factory unit.
Ricown the answer is yes!! The battery, factory amp, And all the wires you need to tie into are in the trunk. I didn't run a single wire through the car yet. When I get my dash kit in I will only need to run the rca cables and remote turn on wire up to the factory radio location. In fact I grabbed the factory remote turn on in the trunk as well. I believe it was a white wire. It measured 13.5 volts when the stereo was on. The only problem I ran into is it has a delayed turn off of about 4 seconds after the radio turns off so I was getting a turn off pop through my highs amp. I used a Pac TR7 module to keep the factory amp on longer than my aftermarket amps to eliminate this pop. Let me know if you need anymore info. I can get the exact colors of any of the stereo wires if you need.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:55 AM   #24
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
firewolff, install looks great. I'll be upgrading to MBs and choice of subs as soon as I get the nerve to tear the car apart..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:49 AM   #25
FIREWOLFF

Thanks 2010slvrbuilt I originally was gonna go all out with a painted box and amp rack then decided to keep it simple and affordable. May build something crazier later. I just needed something better than the Boston setup. I'm in my car alot so it has to sound good. I gotta have that "live" sound. I want to feel like the band is playing right there. I used to run Quart back in the day. After hearing the Diamonds I fell in love nothing else has lived up I have even heard them side by side with Focal and I can agree the Focal were better but not by much and the price was outrages. If you get a chance listen to the Diamonds in a car, they will blow you away.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #26
Ricown

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS CGM
Quote:
Ricown the answer is yes!! The battery, factory amp, And all the wires you need to tie into are in the trunk. I didn't run a single wire through the car yet. When I get my dash kit in I will only need to run the rca cables and remote turn on wire up to the factory radio location. In fact I grabbed the factory remote turn on in the trunk as well. I believe it was a white wire. It measured 13.5 volts when the stereo was on. The only problem I ran into is it has a delayed turn off of about 4 seconds after the radio turns off so I was getting a turn off pop through my highs amp. I used a Pac TR7 module to keep the factory amp on longer than my aftermarket amps to eliminate this pop. Let me know if you need anymore info. I can get the exact colors of any of the stereo wires if you need.
HOLY COW!!! That’s sweet, now I have to put one in! I think if I where making a car I would have the factory head unit with RCA’s preinstalled and ran to the trunk. I mean it’s not going to hurt anything for them to be there and not be used but it would make life so much easier.

I see you are rocking the AudioControl DQXS in your setup, is there anything that’s cheaper than that, which will work well. I am sure you have that because you probably have all of your speakers hooked up in to it. I am just looking to install one 12” sub and maybe like a 500-700 watt amp for the sub not looking for a ton of bass just something to round off the sound field a bit more. That’s just for FYI to help you recommend something to use for the line output converter or amp/processor if you could.

Also this might be asking a lot but if you could post some pic of your wiring work before you switch it all to the new wiring for your other head unit that would be awesome! I don’t know if there is a thread with a walk through on how to install a line output converter or amp/processor but you might want to make one in reverse as you unwire what you have to install your new stuff could be pretty helpful for a lot of people, or perhaps when I do mine I could do a write up on it and site you on there as well for all your help!

I want to get a Hertz 12 but I can’t find any place that sells them…. Ok this post has gotten out of control... LOL

Thanks again for all the help, time and info Firewolff !
Ricown is offline   Reply With Quote